Warsangeli with Khatumo or Maakhir or Puntland or Somaliland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Even if that were true, why do you care? Give me one good reason and none of that wadani bullshit sxb. Keep it real.

@Duchess, cmon and answer the man's question will ya. How come Puntland does not seem a tad bit interested in taking back lost lands to Somaliland? Why has Puntland not tried to take back LA? When the town is just down the road from Garowe? Why waste time in paying idiotic Dhulo kids and not sending Majeertens to take back the town and free our fellow Harti?

@Rooble what's your beef with MJ? I know the whole universe hates MJs but I'm puzzled as to why an Awdalite has an issue? I thought you lot were a more logical, less tribalistic folk as compared to other skinnies .

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
Hostilities re-emerged on 9 July 2008, when Somaliland invaded and occupied Laas Qoray port for few hours, under the pretext of a rescue mission (German citizens were allegedly being held hostage in Laas Qoray by pirates).

I love how these SL niggas are sly with their diplomacy, they knew exactly what they were doing in Las Qoray but then told everyone "We are going in to rescue German hostages held by pirates" :drakegrin:

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
I've met countless Warsengelis in my life. And every single one of them that I've met has nothing but deep love, praise and respect for MJs and Puntland. The same also goes for Leelkase might i add. We are indeed very VERY close and no matter how hard our enemies and haters try, our love for each other will never break. Warsans are part and parcel of Puntland and without them, we are indeed nothing. Puntland can continue without Dhulbahante but without Warsengeli, we will crumble.

On the flip side though, I've not met a single Dhulbahante. Only on online have I come across them. And my are they a hateful bitter bunch. For some odd reason, they've all got some mad illogical hatred for anything and everything Majeerten. The level of their hate is on par with that of Hawiye and Issaq and also Marehan. Maybe it's something that goes way back to the beef our mothers had in their marriage to old man Harti. Maybe the historians on here can shed some light on this?

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
I love how these SL niggas are sly with their diplomacy, they knew exactly what they were doing in Las Qoray but then told everyone "We are going in to rescue German hostages held by pirates" :drakegrin:
How is that sly when media saying they occupied what they claim is theirs, thats just hilarious and not good politics when recoqnition is what you're after:drakewtf:

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Kalshaale you have a good heart, but there is no unity. Waa nin iyo naftiis. If Majerteen really cared about the other Hartis, they would put their flesh and blood on the line to get the Somaliland troops out of their land and declare the true Puntland they wished and visioned, but as history has shown they just want a Majerteen Sultanate to re-emerge even stronger than before. That's the cold truth.
I feel your pain, I see you're stuck inbetween a rock & a hard place ciise & Isaac it would be nice if Isaac wasn't breathing down your necks. It would be like killing two birds with one stone. Free the oppressed in awdal!

@Rooble still waiting for your proof about socotra dudeo_O

Socotra is Somali property.

The history of the island of Socotra | Socotra and Dependencies
"Since the Somalis had no doubt on the ownership of these islands, they wrongly presumed that no one else could claim them. The 20th century politicians naively took it for granted that the British would not hand over the islands to a third country, let alone to a country on a different continent."
The Island of Socotra lies 148 miles east of Cape Guardafui, (Somali: Gees Gardafuul), also known as Ras Asir (Raas Caseyr), (the most easterly point of the mainland of Africa) and directly therefore, in the route of ships from the Red Sea to India. “SOKOTRA is the most easterly, and by far the largest of a group of four islands under the British protection which lie in the Indian Ocean to the north-east of Cape Guardafui. These islands command the ocean trade-route from the Suez Canal to the East and to Australasia. Of the other three islands off Cape Guardafui Abd el-Kuri, the most westerly, is about 20 miles long and 3 1/2 miles wide at its widest part, while the other two, known as the Brothers (Darzi and Samneh), are respectively 3 miles and 6 1/2 miles in length and 1 mile and 3 miles in width. (Phil Robinson, Cyprus and Socotra, London: 1878- Robinson’s book was prepared under the direction of Historical Section of the British Foreign Office).
A journalist, Irena Knehtl regular contributor to Yemen Times newspaper in Yemen describes the geographical position of Socotra and the dependencies in the website Buzzle-com as follows: “Positioned near the southern gateway to the Red Sea, already close to the Somali coast, lies the island of Socotra. It stands there as the guardian of the African Horn and offers peace and tranquility. Known since ancient times as “The Island of Waiting” for better sailing conditions, a transshipment center for goods, it connected ports of the Persian Gulf with East Africa. The island lays on the route for ships heading towards Aden from East Africa and India.
“Socotra is the largest in a small archipelago of four Islands which include the Brothers Samhah and Drasa and Abd Al Kuri. Lying as it does in the Indian Ocean, on a mid-oceanic volcanic ridge 500 km south east of Mukalla, and 240 km from the coast of Somalia. It is roughly 130 km long and 40 km wide, and [has] an area of 3650 square kilometers. Its name may have been derived from Arabic “Suqs Qutra”, meaning the market of dragon’s blood—a reference to the resin of its most famous tree species, or perhaps from a Sanskrit term for the “Abode of the blest”.
“But it is the natural history of Socotra that is likely one of the most fascinating in the world. Their unique character is related to its geological history. It is believed that the separation of Socotra from the African mainland occurred in the middle of the Pliocene era (1.81 million years ago). The high degree of endemism in the flora and fauna is the result of this long isolation from the mainland of Africa. Two thousand years after Socotra is still listed among least explored parts of the world.”
In 1886, Lieutenant-Colonel Kitchener prepared a note on the subject of the lines of British communication in the Indian Ocean. On Socotra, he said, “One of the most important points on our communications with our Australian colonies is Socotra and the adjacent island of Abd-el-Kuri. He went on: “Our present hold on Socotra is very fragile “A treaty exists with the supposed Sultan, who lives on the mainland, and never visits the island, specifying that he will not part with his rights to any foreign power other than England. Our flag was at one time flying on the island, but was hauled down, thereby showing that we gave up any pretensions to the possession of the island. From all that is known there appear to be no laws, nor any recognized authority, and no form of existing government in Socotra … It would not, therefore, be very difficult for any foreign power to deny the authority of the chief recognized by us, and to acquire rights under other treaties with unknown chiefs in the island.” Kitchener contented, “Owing to the recent development of colonial enterprise by Germany on the East Coast of Africa, the possession of Socotra becomes to them a matter of considerable importance. Attempts have lately been made by Germany to acquire some position on the Somali coast, and as these attempts fail, as they apparently have done up to the present, Germany will see the necessity of taking a commanding position on the trade route to their new colonial possessions thus invitingly left open.”
“Should such a case arise, it is most unlikely that we should fight for or even risk war for the possession of Socotra, and yet, in foreign hands, the island becomes a source of considerable danger to our colonial development, and England would be rightly accused by the colonies if she allows such a position to fall through negligence into other hands.” Kitchener concluded by pleading that, “The British flag be again hoisted on Socotra and the adjacent islands.”
Kitchener’s very critical statement angered the Government of Aden. In his memo, Schneider, the then Political Resident at Aden responded by saying, “The erroneous idea on the subject entertained by Lieutenant Colonel Kitchener may have been derived from a historical sketch published by Phil Robinson in the year 1878, where it is mentioned, “the island of Socotra upon which the British flag has recently been hoisted lies 148 miles east of Cape Guardafui (the most easterly point of the mainland of Africa)”. As Schneider does not say where he believes Socotra and dependencies lie, it should be presumed that Kitchener was right.
According to local belief, the Meheri Somalis, who are the original inhabitants of the islands of Socotra and its dependencies, preferred to live on the mainland, Hafun and other places on the Cape Guardafui, for the reason that the sand of the Islands was harmful to the eyes or caused eye disease. A good number of them also reside in Sallala, the Sultanate of Oman...
Since the Somalis had no doubt on the ownership of these islands, they wrongly presumed that no one else could claim them. The 20th century politicians naively took it for granted that the British would not hand over the islands to a third country, let alone to a country on a different continent.
The Somalis are the only people who have suffered most in the eastern Africa and the Red Sea at the hands of the colonial powers. Its territory has been dismembered and unjustly distributed to other countries in the region and beyond, just like piece of cake. In 1897, Britain gave the Somali territory of Ogaden to Abyssinia; in 1948 and 1954 it handed over parts of the Haud and Reserved Area. In 1963, after independence of Somalia, it gave the Somali territory of NFD (Northern Frontier District) to Kenya and finally in 1967 the Island of Socotra and its dependencies to the then South Yemen."

Sources | The book title | Somalia: Past and Present | Author, Mohamed Osman Omar

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
Somali meheris is wrong as they have their own language the socotri, he is confusing those somalis with MJs who also settles in salalah Oman.

It still dont prove somalis ruled over the islands but mentions the sultan residing om the main land of Yemen.

Skickat från min Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
Why else do you think Somali governments claims it?

Personally i would just annex it, just so I can show Yemen the middle finger.
Here are all the sultans that ruled socotra, one of them is mentioned in your post as the sultan in the mainland

• c.1750 - 1780 `Afrar al-Mahri
  • c.1780 - 1800 Taw`ari ibn `Afrar al-Mahri
  • c.1800 - 1820 Sa`d ibn Taw`ari Ibn `Afrar al-Mahri
  • c.1834 Sultan ibn `Amr (on Suqutra)
  • c.1834 Ahmad ibn Sultan (at Qishn)
  • 1835 - 1845 `Amr ibn Sa`d ibn Taw`ari Afrar al-Mahri
  • 1845 - 18.. Taw`ari ibn `Ali Afrar al-Mahri
  • 18.. - 18.. Ahmad ibn Sa`d Afrar al-Mahri
  • 18.. - 18.. `Abd Allah ibn Sa`d Afrar al-Mahri
  • 18.. - 18.. `Abd Allah ibn Salim Afrar al-Mahri
  • 1875? - 1907 `Ali ibn `Abd Allah Afrar al-Mahri
  • 1907 - 1928? `Abd Allah ibn `Isa Afrar al-Mahri
  • 1946? - Feb 1952 Ahmad ibn `Abd Allah Afrar al-Mahri
  • Feb 1952 - 1967 `Isa ibn `Ali ibn Salim Afrar al-Mahri

and this is the current sultan
IMG_4447-nggid045847-ngg0dyn-600x500x100-00f0w010c011r110f110r010t010.jpg

So when have somalis owned Socotra?
And annexing socotra, how would that happen exactly and from where would you stage your attack?

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
Plus Mohamed Osman is not a credible source since he is not a local of Bari or Socotra or even been to those regions.

Even though i appreciate your effort geeljire my question was aimed to rooble who is avoiding to back up his claim:ftw9nwa:

Kalshaale you have a good heart, but there is no unity. Waa nin iyo naftiis. If Majerteen really cared about the other Hartis, they would put their flesh and blood on the line to get the Somaliland troops out of their land and declare the true Puntland they wished and visioned, but as history has shown they just want a Majerteen Sultanate to re-emerge even stronger than before. That's the cold truth.
Reer Laascaanood (Jaamac Siyaad, Bahrarsame and Naalaye Ahmed) welcomed Somaliland into Laascaanood. The Caqils, Politicians and Entrepreneurs from Laascaanood are all waving the Somaliland flag. Nobody is forcing them. Somaliland is not forcing them and definitely Puntland will not force them. Take a look at Buuhoodle. They wholeheartedly rejected Somaliland. From Caqils, to Politicians to Entrepreneurs, they all said "f*ck Somaliland" and the day Somaliland tried to force it's way into Buuhoodle district, Puntland stood side by side with reer Buuhoodle (Ahmed Garaad, Khalid, etc) and defended the area. The same in Sanaag. You see, even within Dhulbahante, there are limits. If Buuhoodle chooses one thing, Laascaanood cannot force Buuhoodle to not do what it wants and Buuhoodle cannot force Laascaanood to say no to Somaliland. So, why should Majeerteen send their boys to die for Laascaanood when the sons of Laascaanood themselves want Somaliland?

Dudes in denial. I don't think he is even a native Puntlander probably a Yemeni reject.

Inshallah we shall annex it in the future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.