Somalia rejects AMISOM's plan to extend stay until 2026

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
If Troops return to Uganda, Yowari got a lot of mouths to feed, and maybe his seat will pay for it. If they return to Kenya, there will be no more paycheques. Somalia MUST resist their attempts and make them suffer.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
These fufu niggas want the gravy train of free money to continue until 2027, gotta stop them now.
The concept of operations aka CONOP require exit of AMISOM and transfer of power to Somali military and police by may 2022. They must stick to this plan no extensions. Glad Farmaajo stuck to his guns

If Troops return to Uganda, Yowari got a lot of mouths to feed, and maybe his seat will pay for it. If they return to Kenya, there will be no more paycheques. Somalia MUST resist their attempts and make them suffer.
Do you think that's why there trying to make them stay I'm hearing yowari killed a general or something and Kenya is in a deep finicial hole right now

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Amisom was much needed force and very useful during the beginning but at some point, they have to transfer power to Somalis themselves, the goal was self sufficient Somalia and now is the best time to hand over the keys :)

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Do you think that's why there trying to make them stay I'm hearing yowari killed a general or something and Kenya is in a deep finicial hole right now
Of course, in it for the paycheque and for a haven for the troops. These troops are basically jobless if they return to their nation = more problems.

I don’t think having foreign soldiers in the country is bad in itself, just that significant more responsibility & funding should be given to the SNA.

It’s popular to drum up a nationalistic rhetoric about “kicking out foreigners” but we should face the reality that we still need as much help as we can get. Losing 20k well trained soldiers will leave a massive, huge gaping security hole. not to mention amisom has capabilities SNA does not, like aircraft, better weapons, artillery etc

SNA currently still cannot keep many regions secure with the help of AMISOM, having them all gone at once will be a catastrophe imo. It might not lead to collapse of government but will make conflict more protracted. It is most definitely not worth risking 14yrs of progress & hard work just so we can say “there are no foreign soldiers in Somalia”. It should be done in small steps.

I know it may sound crazy but is there any chance we resort to launching an actual shooting war with these leeching occupiers using SNA plus Danab, Haramcad etc so that we show to the whole world that we are deadly serious about AMISOM not out staying their 'welcome' ?

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Get them out now and get friendly forces to aid the SNA. The arms embargo must be lifted to some extent.

It has shocked me AMISOM are not seen as clear foreign occupiers, actually worse than even Ethiopia, Kenya. At least Ethiopia, Kenya are neighbors, and behind all the semantics they do have valid security concerns. On top of that they are our neighbors. These Fufu Uganda, Burundi, though have zero legitimate concerns, or interest and are strictly there for the cash. I honestly believe at some point there might have to be an armed struggle against them.

Delusional thought Somalia is effectively a trusteeship centered in Mogadishu. The government completely relies on the international community and thus the IC will mostly push for Somalia to agree with the AMISOM decision.

Interestingly AMISOM actually highlighted this in their recent claim.

Delusional thought Somalia is effectively a trusteeship centered in Mogadishu. The government completely relies on the international community and thus the IC will mostly push for Somalia to agree with the AMISOM decision.

Interestingly AMISOM actually highlighted this in their recent claim.

How is it delusional, I'm not even thinking about the fake FGS I am thinking maybe they'll be a time ordinary civilians rise up against this indefinite occupation that's nothing more than a cash cow initiative

reer

VIP
It has shocked me AMISOM are not seen as clear foreign occupiers, actually worse than even Ethiopia, Kenya. At least Ethiopia, Kenya are neighbors, and behind all the semantics they do have valid security concerns. On top of that they are our neighbors. These Fufu Uganda, Burundi, though have zero legitimate concerns, or interest and are strictly there for the cash. I honestly believe at some point there might have to be an armed struggle against them.
nigga what you smoking. are you forgetting somalis called for amisom to save them. :russ: