Somalia rejects AMISOM's plan to extend stay until 2026

Do you know who want the Nazis out, the communists hmmmm:cosbyhmm:

That is what you sound like. Just because we don't like one enemy doesn't mean we prefer an occupation.
Saaxib, you have the order of events the wrong way around. AMISOM is a problem, but they are not enemy number 1 right now, that is Al Shabab. You need eradicate the terrorist scum first. That will only be made harder by kicking out AMISOM. That is all we are trying to say.

Jaale

Towradatan Barakaysan
Saaxib, you have the order of events the wrong way around. AMISOM is a problem, but they are not enemy number 1 right now, that is Al Shabab. You need eradicate the terrorist scum first. That will only be made harder by kicking out AMISOM. That is all we are trying to say.
AMISOM and shebab are both enemies that feed on each other. As along as we have any of them there will be no peace. They both need to be kicked out. No kebab no Amisom.

They should leave and transfer all capacity to SNA. We are the ones fighting shabab while they hide in bunkers. Imagine if all the resources were diverted to SNA. They don't want to leave because its nice fat paycheck doing nothing.
They don't know much about Somalia, Al-Shabab actually poses no existential threat to FGS as seen in this report https://www.chathamhouse.org/sites/...rch/2020-07-14-us-policy-somalia-williams.pdf

AMISOM needs to leave, however i doubt we have the political clout to force them to leave. They will use Al-Shabab as a crux.

The useless Amisom wants to prolong their stay in Somalia until 2026 in order to protect the cadaan in Xalane camp. While our army SNA are fighting Al-Shabab and liberating city after city, Amisom is taking pictures with locals near the base they are protecting.

And they want to flood south Somalia with 1000s of foreigners.

AnimalSOM are a bunch of rapists and Somali men are pimping Somali girls to them instead of protecting them. They'll do anything for a dollar, killing, pimping, you name it.

Human Rights Report on how African Union Forces rape Somali girls, with the help of Somali men.

https://www.hrw.org/report/2014/09/...l-exploitation-and-abuse-african-union-forces

Somali Pimps threaten and bring Somali girls to AMISOM rapists.

In June 2013, a Somali interpreter working at the headquarters of the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) approached 17-year-old Aziza D.โ€”not her real nameโ€”and asked her to โ€œbefriendโ€ a Ugandan soldier. He told the girl, who had been struggling to survive in one of Mogadishuโ€™s camps for displaced people, that the soldier could get her anything she needed if she treated him like โ€œhe was her husbandโ€ and โ€œmade him feel comfortable.โ€

After she met the soldier and it was clear that she was expected to have sex with him, she had second thoughts. The interpreter told her she could not leave and ignored her cries and pleas not to be left alone with him. โ€œWhen I resisted the soldierโ€™s advances, he became angry and brought back the interpreter who threatened me in Somali,โ€ she told Human Rights Watch.

I was scared he would come back and rape me again or kill me. I want the government to recognize the power these men have over us and for them to protect us from them.
โ€”Farha A., victim of rape by an AMISOM soldier, Mogadishu, February 2014

Somalia is stupid to allow this. How are you allowing neighbouring countries to be in yours? AU soldiers from Ivory coast or Senegal wouldn't be great. But Neighbours who hold ill intent and want you kept down. Smh

Foreign soldiers who are from the other side of the continent can do less harm. Neighbours will, as they are now, control local forces for their benefit (e.g. Kenya, Ethiopia).

I was fully against the amisom staying after 2021, but watching what's happening in Afghanistan right now, they'll have to do. I still want Kenya and Ethiopia out though.
The situation in Afghanistan is different, the group of people that are the majority is the Pashtun and they want full and complete control of the country, and since the Taliban is mostly Pashtun who is to stop them? Al-shabab arent more than 5000 and they are fighting a guerilla style of fighting. They can never overtake the country.

Do you know who want the AMISOM out so they can take over the country easily?

Al-Shabab!

You seem very eager that AMISOM should leave....

Hmmmmm.:cosbyhmm:
Why are you Somalilanders hellbent on having foreign soldiers to stay in south Somalia? I have seen many of yall commenting for them to stay or occupy Somalia on twitter och FB.

If yall consider yourself independent why not let south Somalia, take control of its land as SL and PL have done and get rid of Al-Shabab as they have, and mind you business?

Why are you Somalilanders hellbent on having foreign soldiers to stay in south Somalia? I have seen many of yall commenting for them to stay or occupy Somalia on twitter och FB.

If yall consider yourself independent why not let south Somalia, take control of its land as SL and PL have done and get rid of Al-Shabab as they have, and mind you business?

Because we all know that the konfurians are not up to task, we are aware that Al-Shabab are stronger, determined, more cohesion and better organised than the SNA.

The SNA is the same army that almost took the country back 1991 to months ago.

Why are you guys pretending that they are an army 100% dedicated to the nation when they suddenly left their basses and barracks in April - THIS YEAR not 10 years ago.

If AMISOM leaves in the end of this year, Al-Shabab will take over, they will connect with their terrorist elements in Puntland and destabilise it from within and they will move on to threaten Somaliland.

Because we all know that the konfurians are not up to task, we are aware that Al-Shabab are stronger, determined, more cohesion and better organised than the SNA.

The SNA is the same army that almost took the country back 1991 to months ago.

Why are you guys pretending that they are an army 100% dedicated to the nation when they suddenly left their basses and barracks in April - THIS YEAR not 10 years ago.

If AMISOM leaves in the end of this year, Al-Shabab will take over, they will connect with their terrorist elements in Puntland and destabilise it from within and they will move on to threaten Somaliland.
You raise good points, even if most didnt leave their barracks. I agree that clan affiliation is still stronger than nation building. But progress have been made and are being made, just now they are losing their grip in Galmudug.

Im not from south Somalia but seeing foreign troops on Somali land angers me. I want to see all Somali land left to their own hands. Al-Shabab isnt a potent threath as it were a decade ago they have lost alot of land and leaders, and thats the reason they are fighting a guerilla style war.

You raise good points, even if most didnt leave their barracks. I agree that clan affiliation is still stronger than nation building. But progress have been made and are being made, just now they are losing their grip in Galmudug.

Im not from south Somalia but seeing foreign troops on Somali land angers me. I want to see all Somali land left to their own hands. Al-Shabab isnt a potent threath as it were a decade ago they have lost alot of land and leaders, and thats the reason they are fighting a guerilla style war.

I'm sure all somalis want foreigners out but we have to be realistic about the situation. I'm sure that if they leave late this year the terrorists will be galvanised and escalate their attacks and sucideattacks and wreak havoc.

Som

VIP
This is crazy, Somalia reject a proposal to reduce Amisom troops, they want to leave but weak somali polticians want them to stay.
This isn't new, all the previous somali government relied on Amisom for security. Farmaajo is no different in this aspect.
Amisom will leave once the government asks them to get out. It seems they had enough of our political problems and the mission is costing them too much

The Somali government has formally rejected African Union recommendations for a scaled-down peacekeeping presence in the Horn of Africa country, calling a report and its proposals โ€œdevoid of realities.

Som

VIP
I will support any somali presidential candidate who openly says Somalia will take over all security operation and will ask AMISOM to leave.
At this point the mission is useless

TekNiKo

โ€œI am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
0974FE8F-910B-4582-9951-2B225669AECD.jpeg

FGS has refused UN AU commnique extending AMISOM stay until 2027 with foreign UN blue helmet soldiers also taking part in a hybrid mission.

NO. NO. NO. GET OUT

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
These fufu niggas want the gravy train of free money to continue until 2027, gotta stop them now.

Trending