TRIGGER WARNING Severe woman abuse back home. Faarax beats the daylight xaliimo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gladiolus

Somali, is a race
No it is not like my mother told me as back than the guy would be taken care of and knew that but now these abusers are protected by the criminals that many on here call leaders which just are qabilists and nothing more

The men and women in my family have stories for days of Somali women getting abused, physically, financially, emotionally back home and the women always being silenced by her family first and foremost. Its just due to SM and some brave women/girls having the courage to voice their abuse that we hear more about it today.

The men and women in my family have stories for days of Somali women getting abused, physically, financially, emotionally back home and the women always being silenced by her family first and foremost. Its just due to SM and some brave women/girls having the courage to voice their abuse that we hear more about it today.
in xamar if a person did this to their wife they would catch one hell of a beating not from just the wife's family but the whole surrounding neighbourhood.

Those women are making a killing off of others suffering just so you know and yeah but abuse happens everywhere as none sm lead in it like just like atlanta as one example

We handle it here in the west ourselfs

Shogun

Waa anaga orodneey, nabad doonaney
I did not misinterpret you. I am going by what you said verbatim.

The fact that you can comfortably assume the woman abused in the Facebook page will be pressured by her father inherently implies that it is commonplace.

I have mentioned poverty many times, but what you are saying is not logically consistent with what is happening on the ground.

You say it isn't, but I don't believe that. Regardless, it does not matters at all.

You've misinterpreted me. I did not suggest that most Somali guys lack dhigg not in a long shot.

My whole point is that divorce in the Somali community is definitely based on the cooperation of the husband. This is a basic fact. If the husband says no, the girl will leave and her family and toll will pressure the guy. If your family are backwards or maybe very low in funds, they might not have it in them to pressure the guy.

This is no attack on Somali men. You've mentioned poverty to many issues, I simply did the same thing.

I did not misinterpret you. I am going by what you said verbatim.

The fact that you can comfortably assume the woman abused in the Facebook page will be pressured by her father inherently implies that it is commonplace.

I have mentioned poverty many times, but what you are saying is not logically consistent with what is happening on the ground.

You say it isn't, but I don't believe you. Not that it matters at all.

I'm not the one that said that. I merely said I can see that happening becauase of the poverty. Not that happens all the time.

You keep on talking about the divorce rate. Let me pick your brains. Explain to me how you think the divorce process is amongst Somalis? How do women obtain divorce?

Shogun

Waa anaga orodneey, nabad doonaney
I'm not the one that said that. I merely said I can see that happening becauase of the poverty. Not that happens all the time.

You keep on talking about the divorce rate. Let me pick your brains. Explain to me how you think the divorce process is amongst Somalis? How do women obtain divorce?

I did not disagree at any point that divorce is Islamically and culturally triggered by the husband. None of that contradicts that battered women aren't sent back to their husbands.

You tell me what you think the divorce procedure is like as you seem the believe there are proper shari'a courts and enforcements in place. The vast majority of the times either the husband initiates the divorce or the wife requests it and the husband obliges. If you have a good family they will intercede and attempt to mediate on your behalf before anything is finalized. You will not be dragged out of bed like a scene out of handmaid's tale.

What a horrible thing to do to a woman. This is definitely not somali dhaqan, and it's not common at all. All the users talking BS about how battered up women are forced to go back to their husbands, don't know a damn thing about what happens back home. Somalia is not India, get your facts straight and stop pushing a narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending