Severe woman abuse back home. Faarax beats the daylight xaliimo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that people shouldn't stereotype Somali men. But why are you so called 'normal' Faraxs laughing at a woman who was potientially beat up? Whats so funny about female abuse. This is the general section where ajnabis and impressionable young Somalis will see.

@Revolutionary you're quick with defending the Faraaxs when Xalimos attack back at Faraaxs horrible comments. This is why.

Shogun

Waa anaga orodneey, nabad doonaney
So what possible reason could there be as to why forced marriages are so common all of a sudden? Somali dads in diaspora don't operate that way. Nor is it really in our culture to compell people. But older odeys are marrying little 13-14 year olds.

That is culture driven by poverty. I am rejecting the notion that there is any reason to believe that urbanized Somalis are common place forced to return to their abusers by their fathers out of poverty. The fact that the divorce rate is so high directly contradicts what you are saying. I'll say it again, people need to stick to a narrative.

I agree that people shouldn't stereotype Somali men. But why are you so called 'normal' Faraxs laughing at a woman who was potientially beat up? Whats so funny about female abuse. This is the general section where ajnabis and impressionable young Somalis will see.

@Revolutionary you're quick with defending the Faraaxs when Xalimos attack back at Faraaxs horrible comments. This is why.
Havent you noticed? Thats the recurring theme around here, i dont remember doing the same except people mischaracterizing me, plus if thats the case people could easily make the same argument about you
:bell:

That is culture driven by poverty. I am rejecting the notion that there is any reason to believe that urbanized Somalis are common place forced to return to their abusers by their fathers out of poverty. The fact that the divorce rate is so high directly contradicts what you are saying. I'll say it again, people need to stick to a narrative.

You do know that Islamically only a can man divorce a woman. So she has to ask.

Unless the woman goes for Khula or fasiq which can only be obtained through an Islamic court. If a woman's abuser refuses to divorce her, and her father is tied up financially, I can see this happening.

Havent you noticed? Thats the recurring theme around here, i dont remember doing the same except people mischaracterizing me, plus if thats the case people could easily make the same argument about you
:bell:

You spend more time @ing the girls and trying to argue with us over our views than the nonsense the guys post. Since when do I ever laugh at people being battered?!

Just don't be mad when some girls feel the need to stereotype sspot Faraaxs when many of you lot find it funny that a girl was potientially battered.

Shogun

You do know that Islamically only a man divorce a woman. So she has to ask.

Unless the woman goes for Khula or fasiq which can only be obtained through an Islamic court. If a woman's abuser refuses to divorce her, and her father is tied up financially, I can see this happening.

Now you are reaching. There is no Islamic obligation for an abused woman to return to her clearly abusive husband. Who would even enforce that in Somalia?

Now you are reaching. There is no Islamic obligation for an abused woman to return to her clearly abusive husband. Who would even enforce that in Somalia?

How can a woman release herself without an Islamic court?! Can women talaq their husbands? Ask yourself.

Of course their is no obligations. Most families with dhigg would never allow such a thing. However, poverty is a huge issue and women cannot release themselves from a marriage so I can see some families saying give him a 2nd chance especially if the husband is refusing talaaq.

You spend more time @ing the girls and trying to argue with us over our views than the nonsense the guys post.

Just don't be mad when some girls feel the need to stereotype sspot Faraaxs when many of you lot find it funny that a girl was potientially battered.
What a qashin post

I tagged someone who made idiotic statements and didnt bring any arguments over

the irony is that you tried to paint some sort of hypocrisy on me yet you've made this statement. How about you dont get all hormonal and give people dozens of qashins in a thread with people who do the opposite, then we have a deal

Another Angelina vs Revolutionary
giphy.gif

Shogun

How can a woman release herself without an Islamic court?! Can women talaq their husbands? Ask yourself.

Of course their is no obligations. Most families with dhigg would never allow such a thing. However, poverty is a huge issue and women cannot release themselves from a marriage so I can see some families saying give him a 2nd chance especially if the husband is refusing talaaq.

You are saying that most Somali men don't have dhig and would force their daughters to be married to their abuser. We are back to square one. If this was the case, why are divorce rates so high? Disproportionately higher than the rest of the Muslim world.

This is what I am referring to when I say pick a narrative. Somalis are bad people who neglect their kin, don't practice Islam and simultaneously Muslims who practice the religion down to a technicality.

There are many tenable criticisms of the situations Somali women face, both in Somali lands and diasphoric communities. At this point, I cannot even tell when you guys are being sincere because the water is so unbelievably muddied.

Theyre all dying to find a way to blame her but they cant so they are deflecting or saying we need to hear both sides of the story. I am so disgusted wallahi.
No side as he is wrong and violated every law possible but you girls should not blame every guy for a few losers as that is what cadans do

You are saying that most Somali men don't have dhig and would force their daughters to be married to their abuser. We are back to square one. If this was the case, why are divorce rates so high? Disproportionately higher than the rest of the Muslim world.

This is what I am referring to when I say pick a narrative. Somalis are bad people who neglect their kin, don't practice Islam and simultaneously Muslims who practice the religion down to a technicality.

There are many tenable criticisms of the situations Somali women face, both in Somali lands and diasphoric communities. At this point, I cannot even tell when you guys are being sincere because the water is so unbelievably muddied.

You've misinterpreted me. I did not suggest that most Somali guys lack dhigg not in a long shot.

My whole point is that divorce in the Somali community is definitely based on the cooperation of the husband. This is a basic fact. If the husband says no, the girl will leave and her family and toll will pressure the guy. If your family are backwards or maybe very low in funds, they might not have it in them to pressure the guy.

This is no attack on Somali men. You've mentioned poverty to many issues, I simply did the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts