Self hating Somalis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odeg

Gedo
im not talking about you. I'm referring to the difference in perception by other somalis.
Most somalis prefer their own but as I said before they have been recently influenced to want lighter skinn and its not only confined to somalis. But old school somali culture a darker skinn somali woman was the ideal.

Most somalis prefer their own but as I said before they have been recently influenced to want lighter skinn and its not only confined to somalis. But old school somali culture a darker skinn somali woman was the ideal.
its not confined to us of course and yes somalis are very homogenous.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Caribbeans are descendants of slaves, it's correct for them to call themselves black. But people from african countries that know exactly where they came from have no need to say that they're "Black" when they have their own national and tribal identities.

But those carribean Nations by and large regained independence far before they arrived to Canada. Nah they don't identify with oppression or pejorative monikers at all. At least I never saw a St. Vincent kid unironcally link themselves to oppression as part of their identification process.

So if "black" is to mean purely those without an ethnic origin outside the one forcefully given to them, then they would absolutely be excluded to. Their fierce identification is present in the fact that they refuse to call themselves African Canadian but rather Carribean Canadian. They know full well who they are and where they'll return to.

With that in mind, blackness should by and large be given to Americans and nothing more if we are indeed ridding ourselves of racial connotations. But I never once saw black outside some flimsy physical description surrounding specific regions. Which is why I can't see it as some threat to ethnic identity. It's kind of just some silly verbiage.

Apollo

VIP
Why do Somalis look down on Somalis that like blacks but don't say anything about Somalis that marry reer roger and reer falafal and reer curry. Their self hatred reeks. How can you look down on marrying Blacks as if you're not black yourself? Most Somali parents will give their daughters to all the above reers except blacks. :drakewtf:

Because Blacks in the West mostly descend from slaves (Afro-Caribbeans etc) and Somalis have a culture of looking down on Madows already. There's no historic animosity towards other type of foreigners in Somalia.

angrycat

not so sad after all
You are so ignorant and even black people can tell that somalis are different from them and yet you are here saying that is hard to tell us apart from them. We dont have nothing in common with these people other than that we are from the same continent but africa is so huge and we are closer culturally to asia than central africa for example. Africa is very diverse continent, genetically, culturally and linguistically but we have people here that accepted ignorant european perspectiv of putting everyone in this black "box".
I never said I couldn't tell them apart, but search up somalia on images, most of the people who pop up you wouldn't be able to distinguish from kenyans, so its stupid to say were different races, subraces yeah, but were both black if you accept the definition. black ≠ bantu

Odeg

Gedo
I never said I couldn't tell them apart, but search up somalia on images, most of the people who pop up you wouldn't be able to distinguish from kenyans, so its stupid to say were different races, subraces yeah, but were both black if you accept the definition. black ≠ bantu
You are trolling and its too obvious.

Most of these pictures are of bantu Somalia, they live in Mogadishu and somehow they became the public face of Somalia.

Apollo

VIP

Consult your eye doctor, you might be legally blind.

I have seen a couple of videos of Lido Beach(in HD) and if it wasn't for the Somali music playing in the background
I would found it hard to believe that they were Somali's.

Maybe it has something to do with the influx of Bantu's

Apollo

VIP
I have seen a couple of videos of Lido Beach(in HD) and if it wasn't for the Somali music playing in the background
I would found it hard to believe that they were Somali's.

Maybe it has something to do with the influx of Bantu's

South Somalia is 40% Bantu and in some small areas (villages or neighborhoods) it is 90%.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Our ancestors didn't even sleep with their bantu slaves because of how ugly and undesirable they were so they were only used to work on plantation and farms.

Yannie

The trouble is, you think you have time
Why is this an issue? If people what to identify themselves as black let them and if people want to identify themselves as Somali that is their choice.:damedamn:

Our ancestors didn't even sleep with their bantu slaves because of how ugly and undesirable they were so they were only used to work on plantation and farms.

Those stupid in south are killing each and making the job easy for them. When two brothers (dir & hawiye) kill each other stranger inherites their land.

Last edited:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ

If whit people read this my fucking God... We're about to get on another blog for real

South Somalia is 40% Bantu and in some small areas (villages or neighborhoods) it is 90%.

My aunt who lives in Mogadishu said the same thing "the city became strange place with strange people, you will hear all time af maay, people are staring at you".

waraabe

Your superior
My aunt who lives in Mogadishu said the same thing "the city became strange place with strange people, you will hear all time af maay, people are staring at you".
Your aunt has no more right to live in Mogadishu then raxanwayn or Somali Bantu

angrycat

not so sad after all
Most of these pictures are of bantu Somalia, they live in Mogadishu and somehow they became the public face of Somalia.
good point. but I was just dismissing bahals point that we look as far from scandis as bantus when we share similar characteristics. if he at least said north african or arab I would understand

good point. but I was just dismissing bahals point that we look as far from scandis as bantus when we share similar characteristics. if he at least said north african or arab I would understand

Let me give you simple example, in Kenya the main breakfast dish for Masai tribe is mixing blood & milk, Ethiopia their main dish is raw meat. Do you eat monkey meat? Ox tail, do you practice killing of albino like our neighbours? None of these things are found in our country. There are not any similarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts