Self hating Somalis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

angrycat

not so sad after all
We share physical traits?:chrisfreshhah::mjlol::mjlol: You one blind woman

And socioeconomic traits? Tf is that? Youre saying that Somalis are poor therefor same race as blacks?:ivers: News flash, that would make 90% of India blacks too alongside a huge chunk of the worldwide population
I didn't say being poor makes you black, I mean we have more in common with them in that spectrum, also look at pictures of people in somalia, its hard to tell it apart from any another African country.

I didn't say being poor makes you black, I mean we have more in common with them in that spectrum, also look at pictures of people in somalia, its hard to tell it apart from any another African country.
Stupidest post of the year folks give your round of applause for @angrycat :2tjlv3e:

I'm not even going to bother because you're either a troll or sipping the strongest blm Kool Aid there is.

Odeg

Gedo
You are so ignorant and even black people can tell that somalis are different from them and yet you are here saying that is hard to tell us apart from them. We dont have nothing in common with these people other than that we are from the same continent but africa is so huge and we are closer culturally to asia than central africa for example. Africa is very diverse continent, genetically, culturally and linguistically but we have people here that accepted ignorant european perspectiv of putting everyone in this black "box".

Odeg

Gedo
somalis? loving whiteness over blackness? nonsense!!!! they would NEVER!

1XAE45m.gif
Your own blm people love whiteness over their own blackness. Adress that before pointing fingers at somalis.

Your own blm people love whiteness over their own blackness. Adress that before pointing fingers at somalis.
aren't somalis the main people who run BLM in toronto? :ayaanswag:

we all know somalis value light skin. this isn't news.

edit: your dp says it all bruh :abuxyga:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
God these convos are depressing :sheed:

That being said I'm fine with racial connotations being a thing of the past. They are by definition a fictitious element to the overall human species. But geographic monikers like American, European, African, Asian etc... They are literally region based and they are here to stay. Just facts :manny:

Somali men do not marry out, all these rich Somalis males married only Somalis unlike the AA as soon as they get some money they marry white woman.

Odeg

Gedo

I wouldnt call them somalis. They are lost people that identify with something that are not.Their own country is burning but they are occcupied with BLM in toronto? Somalis have been influnced recentlty to value lightskin. It was not like this before where the nomad prefered a darkskin somali woman. And with that said there is nothing wrong with lightskin, somalis comes in all shapes and colours and what unites us is our dna. That is different from your blm people.

All culture have an "ideal" skin tone or body type. In medieval times Europeans were crazy over pales. The paler you were the higher status you had. Now in Norway young people are crazy over being tan. They start going to the solarium at 14 and you don't know how many times I've been told by chicks they wished they had my skin tone.

There will always be something that's more desirable for some reason. It's natural. For the Medieval Europeans tan people were farmers who worked outside while pale people were the ones who stayed inside.

That's why Bantus love fat women because that means they can afford to be fat.

Somali men do not marry out, all these rich Somalis males married only Somalis unlike the AA as soon as they get some money they marry white woman.
i never said they marry out (even though they do, but less compared to other ethnic groups). I'm just saying somalis are allergic to blackness. look at pics of somalia every one has midnight black arms and a face that looks like someone blew powder on them. thats considered "beautiful". also refer to my old post where i was telling the story of an aunt who hated on her own nephew for being dark and her daughter agreed. this is prevalent. it might be different for us though (this generation)

VixR

Veritas
Nah, there's definitely a difference in opinion on if you're marrying out to a Black guy or a White/Arab/literally-whatever-else guy. It's not the same, it considered worse if he's Black like you went too savage. There's a hatred across the board, but there's levels to it with Blacks being at the bottom. Girls get the usual hate from the community with a more pronounced racist overtone than usual, whilst guys get a lot of puzzled head-scratchers, "...like that's the best he could do, that's not a woman it a beast, that's a downgrade la hawla, etc".

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I wouldnt call them somalis. They are lost people that identify with something that are not.Their own country is burning but they are occcupied with BLM in toronto? Somalis have been influnced recentlty to value lightskin. It was not like this before where the nomad prefered a darkskin somali woman. And with that said there is nothing wrong with lightskin, somalis comes in all shapes and colours and what unites us is our dna. That is different from your blm people.

Also keep in mind fam, there are no descendants of slaves living in Toronto or most of Canada for that matter. Every single "black" person here hails from an African or Caribbean country that has their entire ethnic identity intact.

Just gotta clarify the differences between America and Canada. None of the people who group themselves under tags like "black" or "Hispanic" do so outside of the scope of their ethnic origins.

It's more or less an umbrella term that adds region specification because nobody in their right mind buys into "race" as an actual concept worth merit.

Not attacking your point just clarifying that nuance because it does actually exist.

Odeg

Gedo
Also keep in mind fam, there are no descendants of slaves living in Toronto or most of Canada for that matter. Every single "black" person here hails from an African or Caribbean country that has their entire ethnic identity intact.

Just gotta clarify the differences between America and Canada. None of the people who group themselves under tags like "black" or "Hispanic" do so outside of the scope of their ethnic origins.

It's more or less an umbrella term that adds region specification because nobody in their right mind buys into "race" as an actual concept worth merit.

Not attacking your point just clarifying that nuance because it does actually exist.
I get your point but just to clarify, carribean people also have slave backgrounds so its more understable that they adopt this black "tag" than somalis that have no historical conection to this.

"your blm people"? stop assuming shit. somalis prefer light skin and this is a fact and thats what the thread was about. you don't want to marry blacks out of fear your kids would look dark and "black", you'd rather marry rear cave monkey and give birth to light skin kids (like your dp).

All culture have an "ideal" skin tone or body type. In medieval times Europeans were crazy over pales. The paler you were the higher status you had. Now in Norway young people are crazy over being tan. They start going to the solarium at 14 and you don't know how many times I've been told by chicks they wished they had my skin tone.

There will always be something that's more desirable for some reason. It's natural. For the Medieval Europeans tan people were farmers who worked outside while pale people were the ones who stayed inside.

That's why Bantus love fat women because that means they can afford to be fat.
im not saying its right or wrong, just pointing out the reason. its in our nature to value light skin. it is what it is. which is why you see more somali white/arab couples then somali and black

Caribbeans are descendants of slaves, it's correct for them to call themselves black. But people from african countries that know exactly where they came from have no need to say that they're "Black" when they have their own national and tribal identities.

Odeg

Gedo
"your blm people"? stop assuming shit. somalis prefer light skin and this is a fact and thats what the thread was about. you don't want to marry blacks out of fear your kids would look dark and "black", you'd rather marry rear cave monkey and give birth to light skin kids (like your dp).
Its funny that you are against racism towards black people yet have no problem with being racist toward whites. It makes one wonder about your intentions. I dont want to marry black or white because neither is my people. I prefer my own.

Its funny that you are against racism towards black people yet have no problem with being racist toward whites. It makes one wonder about your intentions. I dont want to marry black or white because neither is my people. I prefer my own.
im not talking about you. I'm referring to the difference in perception by other somalis.

im not saying its right or wrong, just pointing out the reason. its in our nature to value light skin. it is what it is. which is why you see more somali white/arab couples then somali and black
More Whites + seeing Madows as underclass + sharing religion and culture/history with Arabs are other reasons for why.

And a Somali + black kid will look completely black with Madow hair while Somali + Arabs can look completely Somali And Somali + white look in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts