Mogadishu government claims $20 million stake in Garacad Port

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Also hearing on Facebook that the taxes went up in Xamar port (maybe to meet HIPC requirements) and other ports not following same tax rates getting competitive advantage like Garcaad. Could be another reason govt upset
I think you right!!.its xamar goal that shows the world that All Somalia ports sent tax to xamar goverment.

Another point of interest: Garacad project incl. the 3G road project is a public-private partnership, with the PL gov't owning a stake.

Postscript:
On the legal aspect, PL land policy applies, which provides: Any public land, valued at more than 50,000$, must be passed through the Local district, and approved by PL Parliament, and any, and all proceeds must be administered, and managed by the PL gov't. Further, Public land can not be sold to large corporations.

Last edited:

bidenkulaha

GalYare
240 million is supposedly the cost for the road from garacad to Ethiopia which HSM initially backed but has pulled out.

@Hilmaam you seem to know more about this. Can you confirm

Hamzza

VIP
The reason why the two military camps were auctioned was because the town encroached on them and now they have been rebuilt in suitable places outside the town. One in the east near the airport as a replacement for Siinaay and the other towards the northwest near the prison as a replacement for Kabida. So the general auditor's claims are baseless and the military camps are still intact albeit in different places.

The true cost of Garacad is likely not more than double the amount raised from the selling of those military bases. It’s quite interesting ignoring whether Federal government which should own all military bases from Kacaan era or not

Not exactly a self funding project like we were led to believe

240 million is supposedly the cost for the road from garacad to Ethiopia which HSM initially backed but has pulled out.
Hmmmm, so, the cost of building the port, with 4 berths is just over 50m, but the cost of building 200 miles is 240m? Someone remind me where this advanced maths is being taught!

This is a half a billion dollar project.

Last edited:

bidenkulaha

GalYare
ABD2A782-0A2D-4AEC-9EB6-A0567B6755E4.jpeg

After dropping a bomb this morning, the Auditor General gets on with day to day work. Mashallah very capable guy.

After the new IMF sponsored legislation, he has a job for life :russsmug:

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP

@Hilmaam you seem to know more about this. Can you confirm
I never saw final numbers just studies and cost for galdogob to Galkcayo road (12M). I heard feasibility study went well and construction was support to start but I dont see funding in any of the road initiatives.

Not sure what roads are present today from Hobyo to galkacyo but i think distance are similar and they are getting 28 million for construction
1692822226890.png

1692823686383.png

Last edited:

DalsanJubiland

HartilandWaamoJoore
I never saw final numbers just studies and cost for galdogob to Galkcayo road (12M). I heard feasibility study went well and construction was support to start but I dont see funding in any of the road initiatives.

Not sure what roads are present today from Hobyo to galkacyo but i think distance are similar and they are getting 28 million for construction
View attachment 288992

View attachment 288993
That is an estimate of gravel road
True highway from Garacad to Goldogob Turtibi will cost Hundreds of millions of dollars

bidenkulaha

GalYare

View attachment 288992
Interesting.

One of the PL guys on Twitter who keeps up with Garacad says 180 million was spent on Garacad and 240 million on the road.

And that HSM promised to help fund this. So there’s something transactional going on here.

Hobyo - Galkayo gravel road is funded by FGS and is not far from being completed. Doubt FGS can even afford a paved road that large

DalsanJubiland

HartilandWaamoJoore
Can you imagine if you can build modern port on selling small land in Galkacoyo or another town?
If that true Sacad would have sold everything in Baraxley and all of their other towns and even sold Dusamareeb and Guraceel and Built Hopyo portπŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£
Not easy stupid πŸ˜ƒ
Even countries cannot build modern port without outside investment
For example kenya and Mozambique couldn’t do without Chinese investment
Building modern port is not a joke
Is expensive,

According to Jibriil Qoobey who is a good source on PL. Pl has sold the two bases with $5M after the city expanded so $2 million was used to build new bases outside of the city and the remaining 3 million were allocated for the Garacad port it was the first money the Govt donated and encouraged the businessmen to participate in this project and today the amount has reached $180m. War hawiyow Mj hadeey dhulkoodii dhisteen oo is dabareen adinkoo ka dhul dawladeed badan aad wax dhisan weyseen soo taas naftirkeeda maaha inay idinka horeeyaan? Maxaa ugula dhageysaan waxooda dhulkiina fiiriya wax cusub miyaa ka dhisan? Dawlada la sheegaayaba PL ay kajirtaa dadkaan waa kadanbeysaan dhinac walbe idinmana hoos tagi karaan ayaga iyo SL. Maxeey ku kala duwanyihiin dhulka dawlada federalka iibinayso iyo tan PL? Pl aa sheegee Baladweyne shuqul kuma laha dawlada
Federalka wixii uumaamulka Hiiraan iibinayo waana jirtaa dhulka qubuuraha askarta oo galbeedka magaalada ganacsatada XL laga iibiyay waa oppositeka lama galaay oo buundada liiqliiqo ku dhagan maxaa ka galay nin Xaafada dhan ee Xamar ka dhistey dhul dawladeed. Meel walbe waxaa dawlad ka ah ninka ka taliya.

Last edited:

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
According to Jibriil Qoobey who is a good source on PL. Pl has sold the two bases with $5M after the city expanded so $2 million was used to build new bases outside of the city and the remaining 3 million were allocated for the Garacad port it was the first money the Govt donated and encouraged the businessmen to participate in this project and today the amount has reached $150m. War hawiyow Mj hadeey dhulkoodii dhisteen oo is dabareen adinkoo ka dhul dawladeed badan aad wax dhisan weyseen soo taas naftirkeeda maaha inay idinka horeeyaan? Maxaa ugula dhageysaan waxooda dhulkiina fiiriya wax cusub miyaa ka dhisan? Dawlada la sheegaayaba PL ay kajirtaa dadkaan waa kadanbeysaan dhinac walbe idinmana hoos tagi karaan ayaga iyo SL. Maxeey ku kala duwanyihiin dhulka dawlada federalka iibinayso iyo tan PL? Pl aa sheegee Baladweyne shuqul kuma laha dawlada
Federalka wixii uumaamulka Hiiraan iibinayo waana jirtaa dhulka qubuuraha askarta oo galbeedka magaalada ganacsatada XL laga iibiyay waa oppositeka lama galaay oo Marehandada liiqliiqo ku dhagan maxaa ka galay nin Xaafada dhan ee Xamar ka dhistey dhul dawladeed.

Those Mogadishu haramis chose to build high rises in Parkland, Nairobi instead.

:trumpsmirk:

Those Mogadishu haramis chose to build high rises in Parkland, Nairobi instead.

:trumpsmirk:
Guudlawe called "Wasiirada" Hirshabelle for a "cabinet" meeting in Cadale. The "wasiiro" called their friends to pay for them the ticket(isdabar) 🀣🀣

Since Guudlawe was impossed he paid only time for the "ministers" who are not mps others every 6 months once mana hadli karaan gunadaa laga jaraa sadex bilood. I don't mind SFG running a place like this but to talk about PL who has iskutashi Govt not NGO govt like them is beyond comprehension.

A year ago Shabaab have destroyed xaruumaha maamulka Baladweyne, Maxaas, halgan and buuloburde bridge to this day we are still waiting to send us funds bc waa nagu tuugsanayaan they put us in a long list waxay rabaan inay lacago badan ka sameeyaan ooy hadhoow leexsadaan in yarna naloo soo diro.

. Since Cali Jeyte declared Hiiraan State we built xarunta maamulka and Buuloburde bridge less than two months. Our macawisley get raashin and hilib regularly and before were waiting to get some from mucaawanada.

Last edited: