Mogadishu government claims $20 million stake in Garacad Port

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Fluid border kulaha, PSF is deep in Mudug. Let's see you try to claim places haha
It’s fluid. Galmudug operate in Dhinowda which was under Jariiban in Siyad Barre’s time. Af-Barwaaqo as well I believe

3D29280D-0323-4724-BF59-5CF79E3E1DDC.jpeg

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
Also hearing on Facebook that the taxes went up in Xamar port (maybe to meet HIPC requirements) and other ports not following same tax rates getting competitive advantage like Garcaad. Could be another reason govt upset

Also hearing on Facebook that the taxes went up in Xamar port (maybe to meet HIPC requirements) and other ports not following same tax rates getting competitive advantage like Garcaad. Could be another reason govt upset

Garaacad port might soon force other ports (management) into bankruptcy due to competitiveness :patrice:

bidenkulaha

GalYare
What does the locals want? I saw them participate in the PL election.

Not aware of how many ended up doing so but I believe after Galmudug complained and threatened to intervene that was handled behind the scenes

Sheekhaal Loobage, who are martiile Hiraab, live there and in quite a lot of that area north. I’d say with a bit of investment and outreach from Galmudug they’ll much more prefer Galmudug given they have more positions there. You’ll notice in the Dhinowda case, Sheekhaal MPs, Ministers, Agaasimiyaal etc in Galmudug were most against PL having elections.

Sheekhaal also recently fought pro-PL Dir in Towfiiq. Sheekhaal seem to have increasing hostile to PL because of the support from PL to Qubeys.

I’m not 100% sure of the alliances there, what the future holds and what’s the on the ground situation nowadays. Cayr and Sacad don’t really see each other much. I do hope the next Galmudug President focuses more on Mudug, vast majority of projects, investment is in Galgaduud. QQ barely ever visits. He’s stuck in the Cadaado Dhusamareb highway these days

@Mckenzie is the go to guy for this

Why are they claiming a stake in Garaacad port instead of asking for compensation? And where did this 20 million figure come from?

They're coming off as opportunist given how the value of Garaacad port has massively increased ever since the construction began along with having what seems to be ulterior motive.
Didn farmaajo tryna claim berbera port or something? Isnt this similair

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
After looting how many funds these cawaans are coming for garacaad??

Shameless people indeed, i say deploy the troops and let them sort it out.

Clearly democracy nor diplomacy is a viable tool for these people.

Kill them whenever they try to touch it. Let it be known that mooriyaans aren't welcome in PL for God's sake....

bidenkulaha

GalYare
After looting how many funds these cawaans are coming for garacaad??

Shameless people indeed, i say deploy the troops and let them sort it out.

Clearly democracy nor diplomacy is a viable tool for these people.

Kill them whenever they try to touch it. Let it be known that mooriyaans aren't welcome in PL for God's sake....
PL couldn’t defeat Sacad back when Sacad bullied them into accepting Galmudug.

What makes you think PL can fight a united Galmudug, before we even get to FGS. Kulaha deploy troops. There’ll come a time when all ports are under the FGS like most sovereign governments

I don't think that af-Barwaaqo is in Jariiban View attachment 288943

It is I believe. Towfiiq and Afbarwaaqo border each other. That’s the town but many tuulos come under Afbarwaaqo the district, Sacad and Shiikhaal land come under it which goes into jariiban

It’s why there’s recently been wars there where both sides police have gotten involved

Hilmaam

Sound mind sound body
VIP
Garaacad port might soon force other ports (management) into bankruptcy due to competitiveness :patrice:
Lol it’s catch 22 for fgs/xamar. lose port business by enforcing better tax code due to rest of country not following it but same time get billions in loan forgiveness and access to international financing by loosing that port business due to taxes

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Lol it’s catch 22 for fgs/xamar. lose port business by enforcing better tax code due to rest of country not following it but same time get billions in loan forgiveness and access to international financing by loosing that port business due to taxes
It’ll force the FGS to protect its revenue. I expect brute force to implement the same regime

PL couldn’t defeat Sacad back when Sacad bullied them into accepting Galmudug.

What makes you think PL can fight a united Galmudug, before we even get to FGS. Kulaha deploy troops. There’ll come a time when all ports are under the FGS like most sovereign governments

It is I believe. Towfiiq and Afbarwaaqo border each other. That’s the town but many tuulos come under Afbarwaaqo the district, Sacad and Shiikhaal land come under it which goes into jariiban

It’s why there’s recently been wars there where both sides police have gotten involved
Sheekhaal have multiple seats in jaribaan district council

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Well, a demarcations of the borders will have to take place soon along with finishing constitution and during the state building process. Unless whatever investments you're talking about occurs in a near future, I don't think it will have much of an impact.

Also, the locals there will decide which FMS they want to be part of. We've seen before how locals and their 'representatives' interests doesn't match well with each other. If that's the case with Sheekhaal officials in Dhusamareeb, they will most likely have no impact.

What's interesting is how PL is only there with the permission of the locals. You think that would happen had they been against it? I'm not sure.
Where? Galmudug are currently controlling Shiikhaal land. They are part of AfBarwaaqo administration and their land comes under it. And now Dhinowda with the new district will be too

Shiikhaal like I said prefer Galmudug on a social level (Hiraab + pro-PL Dir have clashes with them over land). But Galmudug doesn’t engage locals much despite that. Hopefully the next Galmudug President takes Mudug more seriously

Where? Galmudug are currently controlling Shiikhaal land. They are part of AfBarwaaqo administration and their land comes under it. And now Dhinowda with the new district will be too

Shiikhaal like I said prefer Galmudug on a social level (Hiraab + pro-PL Dir have clashes with them over land)

Excuse me, I mixed up the names of the towns 😅