Largest single eviction of illegal squaters expected soon in Muqdisho

Any update on this @Jungle? I wonder if the FGS/BRA will actually go through with such a large scale eviction with less than a month till deadline given (25th Jan).

I support the eviction of illegal squatters in both public and private land.
Yep I'm tired of them too building shitty jiingads all over the place they need to pack and move out

Jungle

VIP
Any update on this @Jungle? I wonder if the FGS/BRA will actually go through with such a large scale eviction with less than a month till deadline given (25th Jan).

I support the eviction of illegal squatters in both public and private land.
It will be interesting to see how they deal with these evictions tbh reminds of when HSM moved large number of sacad from near the airport and gave them a daud goof in Garasbaleey which they now call xaafada Galmudug. I seen SNTV post the notice again the other day so they seem like they will go through with it. Unlikely they'll all go at once tho

Thing is if people are concentrated in the city and land is promised to them on the outskirts its an abgaal goof. Even those idps living on the outskirt live on abgaal, wacdaan goofs. We not accepting that again and there has been no talk of relocating these squatters either.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP

Squatters protest at km4 as the deadline nears

I still can’t believe this is real.
There are people with real title deeds that can’t get their homes back. My own eedo and her husband have not been able to get their home in Hodan back. Yet Banadir gov is able to evict tens of thousands with 60 days of notice.

Xooga inta le’eg hadii la hayo dadka guryahood maa loo soo celiyo? Mise danyarta kaliya ayaa laga adagyahay oo boos $100,00 ku fadhiya lama soo celin karo? Yaab

There are people with real title deeds that can’t get their homes back. My own eedo and her husband have not been able to get their home in Hodan back. Yet Banadir gov is able to evict tens of thousands with 60 days of notice.

Xooga inta le’eg hadii la hayo dadka guryahood maa loo soo celiyo? Mise danyarta kaliya ayaa laga adagyahay oo boos $100,00 ku fadhiya lama soo celin karo? Yaab
Why are Maryooley like this when ever the government is evicting Illegal Squatters all of sudden they become innocent civilians being targeted because of their qabiil
bruh-again.gif

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
1704928510663.png

April 2002 - Sourced from Google Earth Pro

1704928741835.png

July 2010 - Sourced from Google Earth Pro

1704928952014.png

2023 - Sourced from USGS Earth Explorer which uses Esri

I always browse satellite images I always wondered about this. If any other people on this forum are into maps and gis, please share some good resources to use because GIS data on somalia is limited. In america, you can find aerial images from the early 1900s

IKHALIIL

Suldhaanka

I think it's because it's public land that the government can issue notices and execute the evictions without much time being lost.

Jungle

VIP

Xooga inta le’eg hadii la hayo dadka guryahood maa loo soo celiyo? Mise danyarta kaliya ayaa laga adagyahay oo boos $100,00 ku fadhiya lama soo celin karo. Yaab
If the land/property is occupied by squatters they should go to Banaadir Court as its a civil matter

^^^ Gudoomiye Salah has returned around 25 homes and plots. Check their page

The squatters live on Police & Banadir Fire Department land

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
Where are they being evicted to? Any alternative accommodation in place for them or are they being pushed on to the streets? Dumb way to increase the potential of crime in the city, and create a homelessness problem.

IKHALIIL

Suldhaanka
Where are they being evicted to? Any alternative accommodation in place for them or are they being pushed on to the streets? Dumb way to increase the potential of crime in the city, and create a homelessness problem.
Are you serious?
A government that doesn't provide services for the people they take property taxes from should be finding accommodation for squatters.
They are getting evicted from the land they are squatting on; it is now their problem where they go. Either they'll go back to where they came from, find rent or buy land just like the residents in the city.
The main benefit of the dismantling of illegal settlements is the improvement in the city's security.

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
Are you serious?
A government that doesn't provide services for the people they take property taxes from should be finding accommodation for squatters.
They are getting evicted from the land they are squatting on; it is now their problem where they go. Either they'll go back to where they came from, find rent or buy land just like the residents in the city.
The main benefit of the dismantling of illegal settlements is the improvement in the city's security.

Yes I am serious, the government has a responsibility for its citizens, especially the most vulnerable, whose only chance at getting a roof over their heads was populating abandoned buildings and houses. Unless you don’t consider these individuals citizens, many of them families with children? How does a country host thousands of Syrians and Yemenis but stops the buck at a fellow Somali?

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
Yes I am serious, the government has a responsibility for its citizens, especially the most vulnerable, whose only chance at getting a roof over their heads was populating abandoned buildings and houses. Unless you don’t consider these individuals citizens, many of them families with children? How does a country host thousands of Syrians and Yemenis but stops the buck at a fellow Somali?
So are you saying Somali squatters should be allowed to squat on illegal lands just because they are Somali?kkkk

Jungle

VIP
Those that think they are elaay idps need to understand that they're middle class living rent free in the capital. These squatters are the same as those squatting on private property but on a massive scale. Xoog iyo booto ee ku deganyahin. People should support FGS clearing them out as this will send a message to those squatting on private property.

So are you saying Somali squatters should be allowed to squat on illegal lands just because they are Somali?kkkk
That’s not what he’s saying at all. He’s merely saying although the government has a right to evict these squatters, it is also their duty to look after the less vulnerable. Which I also completely agree with. Why else should governments exist if their not willing to look after their citizens.

Trending

Latest posts