Land of Punt was in Yemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nigga quoted IM Lewis, that pretty much debunked your argument :mjlol:

Yeah, because a professor who is paid by the government to employ standard research methods in studying your people is not a reputable source, but delusional nomadic elders and random skinnies posting pictures and 23&me results is the gold standard in evidence. :pachah1:

Even if you want to go with the untested e1b1b1a1b story, that just means you're from North Africa instead of the Arabian peninsula. In both cases you are immigrants to sub-Saharan Africa i.e my lands. Better start acting like visitors. :birdman:

You a

Sxb Somali's are Oromo's are both related and came from same descedent. We both go back to ancient Cushitic heritage. :damedamn:

So, Sheikh Isaaq rh, your ancestor who binds your nation of Somaliland and its people together does not exist? :kodaksmiley:

So your nation is built on a "superstition", as you would call it? :mjlol:

If you want talk in terms of the insignificant sample size we have of test samples, the Lamagodleys are quite distinct on an autosmal level than Oromos. Some groups possess Omotic admixture, but still they can largely be separated from Oromo samples.

Wallahi this is embarrassing. Just accept the fact you are apart of a young group of people that came into existence a few centuries ago. You have nothing to do with no damn land of punt or any other civilization.:kodaksmiley:

The first step to moving forward and building a civilization that your descendants will one day be proud of is to first admit you have no history other than roving nomads warring with each other and herding camels. :kodaksmiley:

Dhabaal

Part time -Devils Advocate Full time- Anarchist
Yeah, because a professor who is paid by the government to employ standard research methods in studying your people is not a reputable source

Yeah because his stuff is old and outdated, debunked by new evidence. :russ: It not complex , i know its hard for you to swallow since it pluggs a hole into your fantasies.

You are a sheegatoo!!

Even if you want to go with the untested e1b1b1a1b story, that just means you're from North Africa instead of the Arabian peninsula. In both cases you are immigrants to sub-Saharan Africa i.e my lands. Better start acting like visitors. :birdman:

Too bad linguistic evidence doesn't support yaa. Language and culture doesn't even support ya, heck not even archeology supports

Everything points to the fact that we are from the Horn region and nothing points to the fact that we are immigrants from North Africa

Upgrade ya trolling brother. :win:

You are right.

No on should accept I.M. Lewis as an expert on Somalia. Somali scholars don't even accept him as an expert. He and his ideas are described as "old" and "retired". I.M. Lewis's Retired Ideas and Somalia by Professor Abdi Ismail Samatar.

Yes, let's not accept the studies done by an objective and independent observer who has no skin in this game, and rather accept the non-scientific methods employed by nomadic elders who themselves can't seem to come to a consensus on their origins, and the so-called academics who take from them and mix it with plausible sounding half-truths that are sadly in contradiction of actual journal publications. :kodaksmiley:

Many of his stuff on Somali origins and such has been debunked by many contemporary Somali scholars with linguistic and archeological evidencce @Jubba_Man and even the hypothesis that Bantus preceded is debunked and now regarded as historical revisionary lie

21nmrzn.jpg

https://books.google.com/books?id=B...ved=0ahUKEwjiysGpvKXOAhUHtBQKHQl4A9kQ6AEIHDAA

I don't think you understand what debunking is. :kodaksmiley:
2j4zeph.jpg

2dw9dw9.jpg

Some Faradheer "academic" simply writing something is "not true" is not debunking. That's what you people don't get. Folks like I.M Lewis are not interested in your opinions or the opinions of Nomadic elders. What they are interested in doing is convincing their colleagues by postulating a hypothesis, supporting it with evidence, and publishing it in the peer-reviewed journals. This is not 23&me where any and every guleid can send their DNA and then faradheer armchair anthropologists make sweeping statements of facts based on those results. No, this is how actual research is done. :kodaksmiley:

Then was the whole lie about Oromo's living in Somalia before us was debunked by Mansur.

''The traditional evidence for the presence of a Galla group prior to Somalis , i.e place names containing the word galla is no longer viable either. As Mansur pointed out, the word gaal does not mean geographical Galla (Modern day Oromos in Ethiopia) as Lewis suggested, nor infidel as herbert lewis suggested , but means ''camel'' in Reewin language of Southern Somalia H.S Lewis and Turton's reconstruction of the migrations of the Galla and Somali and Mansur's definition of the word gaal are good indications that Oromo never lived anywhere in Somalia prior to the Somalis''

https://books.google.com/books?id=XpdAzRYruCwC&pg=PA88&dq=mansuur+galla&hl=no&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiL446TpKbOAhWDcRQKHW2YBX4Q6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q=mansuur galla&f=false

That's not the traditional view:bell:

6tg5eg.jpg

That article demonstrates what the traditional view among western scholars.

Also, where do you think the name "Galkacyo" comes from?

Hawdian

Hawdian
So, Sheikh Isaaq rh, your ancestor who binds your nation of Somaliland and its people together does not exist? :kodaksmiley:

So your nation is built on a "superstition", as you would call it? :mjlol:

If you want talk in terms of the insignificant sample size we have of test samples, the Lamagodleys are quite distinct on an autosmal level than Oromos. Some groups possess Omotic admixture, but still they can largely be separated from Oromo samples.

Wallahi this is embarrassing. Just accept the fact you are apart of a young group of people that came into existence a few centuries ago. You have nothing to do with no damn land of punt or any other civilization.:kodaksmiley:

The first step to moving forward and building a civilization that your descendants will one day be proud of is to first admit you have no history other than roving nomads warring with each other and herding camels. :kodaksmiley:

I heard you're a famous troll from this forum. Salute! :salute:

Howdy,

However there's one important thing nobody mentioned: Frankincense.

Follow the money and you can follow the history.

Sool, Saanag and Bari produce 80% of the worlds frankincense. Although, Yemen and Oman produce these trees, the ancients seen no incentive in going across the gulf of Aden to get these trees. Many scholars believe Frereana seeds where taken to modern day Yemen so they can plant these trees for their economies. In ancient times frankincense was worth its weight in gold. This is why it was the land of the gods, because, liquid gold(Frankincense)would spew of the trees. Eritrea and Djibouti do not produce frankincense, and the only reason we would see Punt being here is because some anthropologists who makes 40k a year decided to say that.

Here are 3 reason why I'm so glad Somaliland didn't snatch the name "Puntland".

1. Branding:
Branding is important because it allows a country to distinguish its self from its neighbours. When everyone promotes the Arabian brand from clothing to behaviour, it limits your ability to distinguish your countries content. This is why countries like Chad are having an identity crisis because they speak french and promote an Arabian culture. This is dangerous when brand building, since tourist feel no need to come to your country, there is nothing that distinctly separates your brand from another's.

2. Arts
As a country modernizes and gains wealth, it's people earn for history and arts. Since most of Somalias ancient relics and monuments are being looted and destroyed this creates a dilemma when promoting the arts and distinction. Go to Qatar and you will see the Bedouin homes and palaces destroyed to be replaced with shopping malls and office towers. This is why tourist get confused and label the Gulf as a region looking to buy history. Somalis don't need to buy history, we are too busy denying it. If Puntland was separated and autonomous, we could easily buy back artifacts from the Egyptians. Or look for it in the ancient ship wrecks along the coast, however Arts come after prosperity.

3. Nationalism.
I'm not going to lie when I tell you Somalia will be broken apart and it's a good thing. It's our land and as long Somalis inherit these breakaway states I'm all for it. If you go to thetruesize.com, you can drag somalia (Somaliland is broken apart already) but if you drag the two regions and rotate them on top of Yemen, Oman and Emirates. You can see how breaking away makes fucking sense.
http://www.somalispot.com/attachments/img_1199-jpg.9613/?temp_hash=676d6cd8dae6250ffecad9712f54fe3aView attachment 9613

As a Puntite, I'm all for looking into the future, 10, 20, 50 years ahead. Since Puntland claims the Puntite name, its 100% better than having Eritrea claim it. Nationalism is important when discussing the modern day Puntite.

From clothing, linguistics to trade; all evidence supports the Puntites coming from Northern Somalia. But remember this, the population of all Somalis was arguably less than 50k since Egypt had 4-5million inhabitants.

I'm a Puntite, whether a couple of you disagree on it or not. Having a brand, arts and nationalism is a great distinction to deviate us from tribe and Qabil. The only reason I love being a Puntite is that, no Tribe can claim Punt! But all Somalis were Puntites and I'm glad we can agree on that.

...lemme get back to this DimSum.

Rageedii,

Your Puntite

Puntland is the epitome of desperation and 'me too' syndrome.

1- Branding:
All of the scholarly output that links the ancient Pwenet to the horn of Africa names its seat somewhere in Somaliland.

200px-NC_Punt.jpg

The scholars cite the Hamadryas Baboon that the Egyptians deemed so sacred, well, it is only found in the stretch between Eritrea and Somaliland:

Hamadryas_Baboon_area.png

The Frankincense and Myrrh trade to this day is still dominated by Somaliland. Which is coincidentally is the only place on earth to grow both species of Boswellia Carterii and Boswellia Frereana. Boswellia Carterii grows in both Somaliland and Puntland but Boswellia Frereana is exclusive to Somaliland.

And Myrrh does not even grow in Puntland:
Frank+and+Myrrh.jpg

Your naming of your region Puntland shows nothing but lack of originality and creative thought. This name was one of the first name suggested in the grand shir of 1991 along with Adal and it was rejected. It took you 8 years to copy Somaliland and set up a government and when it came to the name you took that name Somalilanders rejected. This nature of copying names from Somaliland is also evident in naming one of your regions Nugaal when the historical Nugaal is inside of Somaliland, also evident when you labeled Buuhodle as Cayn, which was the historic name of the plains surrounding Caynaba town in Somaliland.

Can you not have one original name?

But what would branding do for you? As you have seen in the map you provided, Somaliland's case for independence is well argued, has historical, political and judicial precedent. Apart from Somalia cockblocking us, it is a very easy case to win. How would you actually break away from Somalia?

No chance mate. You are already marginalised within Somalia, you lack resources, have very little agricultural potential due to lack of rainwater. Somaliland lacks rainwater too but it has the largest aquifers in the the horn of Africa. The oil you lot were so giddy about turned out to be underground water.

And the more the subject of the historical Punt is researched by scholars and archeologist the more your naming your region Puntland will look like a bad joke. It may be safe short term but in the long run it will create a lot of confusion because the Somaliland PR machine coupled with actual archeological findings and actual sites for tourists to visit will trump any fancy name.

2- Arts

You lose 'bigly' if I may say so yet again. All of the historical sites in that region are clustered within the confines of Somaliland. Forget about Laas Geel, there is a long list of archeological sites that our Sada Mire is looking into at the moment. Beyond the desert that is Bari you have nothing of worth to share with the world. Tourists wont be flocking to be 'told' of the ancient history. They would want to see it for themselves. You do not have anything to offer them.

Even within the old Somali Republic, it was Somalianders whom were known for the arts and culture. Run a list of the best 10 poets in Somali history and chances are 9 spots will be claimed by Somalilanders and their neighbours in Haud.

Nationalism:
What?

Your people brought Ethiopian soldiers to rape and pillage other Somalis.

Dhabaal

Part time -Devils Advocate Full time- Anarchist
Yes, let's not accept the studies done by an objective and independent observer who has no skin in this game, and rather accept the non-scientific methods employed by nomadic elders who themselves can't seem to come to a consensus on their origins, and the so-called academics who take from them and mix it with plausible sounding half-truths that are sadly in contradiction of actual journal publications. :kodaksmiley:
HAHAHAHAHA!!:russ: there is no science or objectivity behind Ceruli's and I'M Lewis assertions

You do realize Both I'M Lewis and Ceruli evidence was Hersay and based oral stories and not linguistic,archeological and migrationg of evidence which refutes it

wimnq.jpg

''The most disturbing part of the whole concept was the source of it which is based on purely Somali oral traditions''

6fd1k8.jpg

As you can see like Herbert Lewis suggeste there is no archeological or linguistic evidence for bantu settlements in Somalia.

1075gg0.jpg

Some Faradheer "academic" simply writing something is "not true" is not debunking. That's what you people don't get. Folks like I.M Lewis are not interested in your opinions or the opinions of Nomadic elders. What they are interested in doing is convincing their colleagues by postulating a hypothesis, supporting it with evidence, and publishing it in the peer-reviewed journals. This is not 23&me where any and every guleid can send their DNA and then faradheer armchair anthropologists make sweeping statements of facts based on those results. No, this is how actual research is done. :kodaksmiley:

Loook at all the ad-hominems ''Faradhere'' Strawmans ''Nomadic Elders'' and ''Personal incrudulities'' 23anMe" and appeal to Authority ''I'M Lewis":dabcasar:

Red herrings does not argue your case nor prove it

That's not the traditional view

6tg5eg.jpg

That article demonstrates what the traditional view among western scholars.Also, where do you think the name "Galkacyo" comes from?
Why don't quote the Article in full context? instead of strawmaning the author. Herbert Lewis does not believe in that traditional view.
2pyu6ae.jpg

v7v33r.jpg

Gaal does not mean Galla. Gaal is a old raxanweyn somali word for camel. Hence that is where Galkacyo came from

2u5ywep.jpg

If anything Gaalkacyoo supports the fact that they were Hawiye and Raxanweyn settlements due to their names. ''Gaal'' means camel in the Raxanweyn dialect.

Like the hawiye clans Abgaal( Ancestor Camel) and GaalJacel( Camel lover) :pachah1:

This is hilarious first you dismiss my quote from Hebert S Lewis up above about Bantus not proceeding Somalis and then you quote him but cut his text in half to make it seem he was supporting that Traditional view but he wasn't. He said Galla didn't even come near Somalia until the 16th century.:cryinglaughsmiley::cryinglaughsmiley:

Last edited:
Puntland is the epitome of desperation and 'me too' syndrome.

1- Branding:
All of the scholarly output that links the ancient Pwenet to the horn of Africa names its seat somewhere in Somaliland.

200px-NC_Punt.jpg

The scholars cite the Hamadryas Baboon that the Egyptians deemed so sacred, well, it is only found in the stretch between Eritrea and Somaliland:

Hamadryas_Baboon_area.png

The Frankincense and Myrrh trade to this day is still dominated by Somaliland. Which is coincidentally is the only place on earth to grow both species of Boswellia Carterii and Boswellia Frereana. Boswellia Carterii grows in both Somaliland and Puntland but Boswellia Frereana is exclusive to Somaliland.

And Myrrh does not even grow in Puntland:
Frank+and+Myrrh.jpg

Your naming of your region Puntland shows nothing but lack of originality and creative thought. This name was one of the first name suggested in the grand shir of 1991 along with Adal and it was rejected. It took you 8 years to copy Somaliland and set up a government and when it came to the name you took that name Somalilanders rejected. This nature of copying names from Somaliland is also evident in naming one of your regions Nugaal when the historical Nugaal is inside of Somaliland, also evident when you labeled Buuhodle as Cayn, which was the historic name of the plains surrounding Caynaba town in Somaliland.

Can you not have one original name?

But what would branding do for you? As you have seen in the map you provided, Somaliland's case for independence is well argued, has historical, political and judicial precedent. Apart from Somalia cockblocking us, it is a very easy case to win. How would you actually break away from Somalia?

No chance mate. You are already marginalised within Somalia, you lack resources, have very little agricultural potential due to lack of rainwater. Somaliland lacks rainwater too but it has the largest aquifers in the the horn of Africa. The oil you lot were so giddy about turned out to be underground water.

And the more the subject of the historical Punt is researched by scholars and archeologist the more your naming your region Puntland will look like a bad joke. It may be safe short term but in the long run it will create a lot of confusion because the Somaliland PR machine coupled with actual archeological findings and actual sites for tourists to visit will trump any fancy name.

2- Arts

You lose 'bigly' if I may say so yet again. All of the historical sites in that region are clustered within the confines of Somaliland. Forget about Laas Geel, there is a long list of archeological sites that our Sada Mire is looking into at the moment. Beyond the desert that is Bari you have nothing of worth to share with the world. Tourists wont be flocking to be 'told' of the ancient history. They would want to see it for themselves. You do not have anything to offer them.

Even within the old Somali Republic, it was Somalianders whom were known for the arts and culture. Run a list of the best 10 poets in Somali history and chances are 9 spots will be claimed by Somalilanders and their neighbours in Haud.

Nationalism:
What?

Your people brought Ethiopian soldiers to rape and pillage other Somalis.

@TabK

I love this guy!

I have audited all your posts and every single one of them is racist, Qabilist and degenerate. What have you done in the past 30 days to contribute to the Somaliland economy as an INDIVIDUAL? Other than bash your neighbours?

I'm out here in Asia sourcing Agro products from wholeseller's in Somaliland, Puntland and Jubbavalley. With your attitude, guys like you can't make a single dollar within the interconnected depend region.

Let me tell you something. Somalilander's are not my competition. I'm in Asia, and I'm competing with Nigerian, Ethiopian, Sudanese, Indian, Burmese and Indonesian brokers. :ooh:

If you can rub two shillings together instead of citing every single word I put together, I'm out here in Asia getting her done!

What about Boswellia Frereana? You mean the same tree that grows in Yemen is endemic to SL? You are out to lunch if you think there's no such trees in Bari. This tit for tat mentality you have is why you are broke and come here to vent.

I'm the only member who has the nut sack to show his face on this website.

Historically, if you believe Puntites were just Isaaq people, than you my friend are about as delusional as 90% of your posts.

So, what have you done in the last 30days @TabK?

Do you trade on the market?
Do you own a property?
Do you own a business?
Have you ever closed a business?
Have you ever started a business?
Are you married?
Have raised a seed?
:kodaksmiley:
Keep being distracted!

If you really want to attack me, I'm already out here doing stuff you wish you could.

I'm all for Somaliland's Independence. There's 54 countries in Africa and you can fit Europe and North America into Africa. It makes no sense why we're all fucked with these boarders.

Just remember! I have a face to save! I will not and cannot take the Qabil road to nowhere with you.

As far as Oil, resources and Agro! What the f*ck are you going to do with it sitting at home from your desk?
:browtf:

As for me? My phone contacts are filled with Isaaq, Darood and Hawiyee go getters that need each other and support each other in the global market!

Raagethii,

Your Puntite

:browtf: We don't want to end up like Queen Buuq

Coot Damn! This is why I'm going to stay in the Business forum and blow the dust off it. Replying in these lunatic laden posts, is completely offbrand from me.

Geez! I make more money with SL than this clown makes his whole own tribe.

f*ck outta here.

I Nearly punched a cement dragon :draketf:

Coot Damn! This is why I'm going to stay in the Business forum and blow the dust off it. Replying in these lunatic laden posts, is completely offbrand from me.

Geez! I make more money with SL than this clown makes his whole own tribe.

f*ck outta here.

I Nearly punched a cement dragon :draketf:
Good idea.

@TabK

I love this guy!

I have audited all your posts and every single one of them is racist, Qabilist and degenerate. What have you done in the past 30 days to contribute to the Somaliland economy as an INDIVIDUAL? Other than bash your neighbours?

I'm out here in Asia sourcing Agro products from wholeseller's in Somaliland, Puntland and Jubbavalley. With your attitude, guys like you can't make a single dollar within the interconnected depend region.

Let me tell you something. Somalilander's are not my competition. I'm in Asia, and I'm competing with Nigerian, Ethiopian, Sudanese, Indian, Burmese and Indonesian brokers. :ooh:

If you can rub two shillings together instead of citing every single word I put together, I'm out here in Asia getting her done!

What about Boswellia Frereana? You mean the same tree that grows in Yemen is endemic to SL? You are out to lunch if you think there's no such trees in Bari. This tit for tat mentality you have is why you are broke and come here to vent.

I'm the only member who has the nut sack to show his face on this website.

Historically, if you believe Puntites were just Isaaq people, than you my friend are about as delusional as 90% of your posts.

So, what have you done in the last 30days @TabK?

Do you trade on the market?
Do you own a property?
Do you own a business?
Have you ever closed a business?
Have you ever started a business?
Are you married?
Have raised a seed?
:kodaksmiley:
Keep being distracted!

If you really want to attack me, I'm already out here doing stuff you wish you could.

I'm all for Somaliland's Independence. There's 54 countries in Africa and you can fit Europe and North America into Africa. It makes no sense why we're all fucked with these boarders.

Just remember! I have a face to save! I will not and cannot take the Qabil road to nowhere with you.

As far as Oil, resources and Agro! What the f*ck are you going to do with it sitting at home from your desk?
:browtf:

As for me? My phone contacts are filled with Isaaq, Darood and Hawiyee go getters that need each other and support each other in the global market!

Raagethii,

Your Puntite

This has to be the most insecure midget in Puntland.

Every single post of his is boasting about Asia this and business that. We get it, you are in Asia, like the billion other han Chinese. If this is an achievment for you then you have some low ass standards my friend.

When you open a business, when you get your premises, have a company irl then come and boast about it. You are a one man shop hustler like the million Somalis who are trying to start imports from China. And like the majority of them you aint shit, marka caadi iskadhig sxb. Enjoy your holiday in Asia, and a piece of advice:

Watch out for the Adam's apples' :susp:

You have a lot of time on your hands, you are already half way through my post count and you've been here since Tuesday!

Bal iisheeg what is that you do that I wish I could do?

Sourcing 'Agro' products? Whatever that means? :lolbron:

My argument was not that people of Punt were originally Isaaq. They were Somalilanders, whether Dir, Isaaq or Warsangeli, coastal Somalilanders. So you can take your sorry claim to Puntland with you to Asia.

You are probably a failure where you come from so you sought Tahrib to China to find employment as an English teacher. I would advice you to come back and finish your university education and get a good paying job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts