Land of Punt was in Yemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Is there even a shred of historical evidence to suggest it was anywhere near Somalia?

Is there even a shred of historical evidence to suggest it was anywhere near Somalia?
Sort of. Egyptian accounts state that punt is where they would get their frankincense from and frankincense is native to the east african region. However fossilised baboons which were often buried with the Egyptians yielded dna evidence that correlated more with a specie found in modern day Eritrea

In 2015, the scientists conducted a followup study to confirm their initial findings, and concluded that "our results reveal a high likelihood match with eastern Somalia and the Eritrea-Ethiopia corridor, suggesting that this region was the source of Papio hamadryas exported to Ancient Egypt."

Wikipedia so I would take it with a grain of salt

waraabe

Your superior
I don't get why somalia is trying to claim Djibouti and somaliland history
IMG_1522.JPG

Hawdian

Hawdian
@Jubba_Man is this not the case? Uu sheeg sxb.

You fucking troll!:damn:

:dead::deadpeter::deadosama:

The word punt means southern horn which is located in Somaliland. :childplease:

Here is the map to prove our ancient civilization which was 6 thousand years ago. :comeon:

punt+somalia.jpg

The Ancient-Egyptians named themselves "Rageedii": "The perfect men" in their language and the Somali People use still now this name "Rageedii" with the same ancient-egyptian meaning "The perfect men". For example in somali language : " U dadaal sidii Rageedii"= Make efforts as Rageedii ,the perfect men.
Here, Some historical and linguistic proofs :
The Famous French Egyptologist Christiane D.Noblecourt , in her book "Hatshepsout ,the Mysterious Queen" detailed the expedition of Queen Hatshepsut to the Land of Punt and she said that the Ancient-Egyptians and The Puntites used to speak and communicate with the same language./
« Again the representations of the early Puntites, or Somali people, on the Egyptian monuments, show striking resemblances to the Egyptians themselves. » By Brian Brown New York: Brentano's[1923]/
In “The Making of Egypt” (1939). Petrie states that the Land of Punt was “sacred to the Egyptians as the source of their race"/
"The King Sahure (2458-2446 B.C.) from this Egyptian Old Kingdom, Dynasty V (2498-2491 B.C.) made a trade expedition to the Land of Punt . Egyptian ships also reached the shores of the land of Punt on the Somali coast to procure highly valued cargoes of myrrh, ebony and animals, among other goods. " Text Reference: The UNESCO General History of Africa: Ancient Civilization of Africa, Vol, II, General History of Africa, G. Mokhtar, 1990, p 64-68 . /
"The Egyptians sometimes called Punt land Ta-Netjeru, meaning "Land of the Gods," and considered it their place of origin ." (Richard Pankhurst, The Ethiopian Borderlands:1997) /
The greek historian Diodorus of Siculus in his book "Universal history "said that in 6th century before-J-Christ , because of a political crisis in Egypt and the euro-asiatic's infiltrations in Egypt , more than 200 thousands of Ancient-egyptians migrated in the south of the Nile By crossing Ethiopia-Nubia with their boats ,in the direction of North-Eastern of Africa (Now, Sudan, Somalia ,Djibouti,Ethiopia ...)
This last historical fact can explain why the somali language is a survived ancient-egyptian language ,according to the british linguist : "The language of ancient Egypt belonged to the Hamitic group; Surviving Hamitic languages are spoken across a large part of North Africa and include Somali." (The english language ,A Historical Introduction," by Charles Barber,british linguist .)
All the symbolical ancient-egyptian names : "Horakhty, Aton, Horus, Isis, Nebhet ,Hâpy etc... " were preserved in Somali language and still now , the somali people use these names with their original egyptian-puntite pronounciation . For example : "Oraxthy" means" the sun" in Somali as the ancient-egyptians. "AAR" means "lion" in ancient-egyptian and also in somali . There is a huge somali-egyptian linguistic and historical and cultural proofs . Thanks for reading and sharing !

Somali Men's Pharaonic Culture and Heritage

arageedi.jpg

Here is the somali ancient culture.

buun+xeedho.jpg

This Egyptian Cultural Agriculture is still preserved in the Somali Culture and Folk dance . Every people dance traditionally with their ancestral agro-pastoral way of life .

KUFILNOOW.jpg

Ancient-Egyptians Princesses (right) and Somali Girls with traditional clothes (left): Cultural Comparison .

galoolay.jpg

Cultural Show of the Somali Youth dancing the "dhaanto" and to the right .The Ancient-Egyptians performing a Similar Traditional Dance with the same white somali loincloth ."Gundhate". This Egyptian Fresco is decorated in the tomb of the Egyptian Pharaoh Seti I (-1324 -1279 B-C) the XIXth dynasty .Period of Reign ( -1294 -1279 BC)

dhantada+tuma.jpg

Here is a video to prove that the dance was used in Egyptian and punt times and we somali's use it as our tradition dance when it was ancient dancing for Egyptian empire.

Show me any tradition, culture or any ancient elements that yemeni's or any Arabs that had any resembles of Egyptian/Puntiti civilization. :damedamn:

That's what i thought. :fantasia2:

You fucking troll!:damn:

:dead::deadpeter::deadosama:

The word punt means southern horn which is located in Somaliland. :childplease:

Here is the map to prove our ancient civilization which was 6 thousand years ago. :comeon:

punt+somalia.jpg

The Ancient-Egyptians named themselves "Rageedii": "The perfect men" in their language and the Somali People use still now this name "Rageedii" with the same ancient-egyptian meaning "The perfect men". For example in somali language : " U dadaal sidii Rageedii"= Make efforts as Rageedii ,the perfect men.
Here, Some historical and linguistic proofs :
The Famous French Egyptologist Christiane D.Noblecourt , in her book "Hatshepsout ,the Mysterious Queen" detailed the expedition of Queen Hatshepsut to the Land of Punt and she said that the Ancient-Egyptians and The Puntites used to speak and communicate with the same language./
« Again the representations of the early Puntites, or Somali people, on the Egyptian monuments, show striking resemblances to the Egyptians themselves. » By Brian Brown New York: Brentano's[1923]/
In “The Making of Egypt” (1939). Petrie states that the Land of Punt was “sacred to the Egyptians as the source of their race"/
"The King Sahure (2458-2446 B.C.) from this Egyptian Old Kingdom, Dynasty V (2498-2491 B.C.) made a trade expedition to the Land of Punt . Egyptian ships also reached the shores of the land of Punt on the Somali coast to procure highly valued cargoes of myrrh, ebony and animals, among other goods. " Text Reference: The UNESCO General History of Africa: Ancient Civilization of Africa, Vol, II, General History of Africa, G. Mokhtar, 1990, p 64-68 . /
"The Egyptians sometimes called Punt land Ta-Netjeru, meaning "Land of the Gods," and considered it their place of origin ." (Richard Pankhurst, The Ethiopian Borderlands:1997) /
The greek historian Diodorus of Siculus in his book "Universal history "said that in 6th century before-J-Christ , because of a political crisis in Egypt and the euro-asiatic's infiltrations in Egypt , more than 200 thousands of Ancient-egyptians migrated in the south of the Nile By crossing Ethiopia-Nubia with their boats ,in the direction of North-Eastern of Africa (Now, Sudan, Somalia ,Djibouti,Ethiopia ...)
This last historical fact can explain why the somali language is a survived ancient-egyptian language ,according to the british linguist : "The language of ancient Egypt belonged to the Hamitic group; Surviving Hamitic languages are spoken across a large part of North Africa and include Somali." (The english language ,A Historical Introduction," by Charles Barber,british linguist .)
All the symbolical ancient-egyptian names : "Horakhty, Aton, Horus, Isis, Nebhet ,Hâpy etc... " were preserved in Somali language and still now , the somali people use these names with their original egyptian-puntite pronounciation . For example : "Oraxthy" means" the sun" in Somali as the ancient-egyptians. "AAR" means "lion" in ancient-egyptian and also in somali . There is a huge somali-egyptian linguistic and historical and cultural proofs . Thanks for reading and sharing !

Somali Men's Pharaonic Culture and Heritage

arageedi.jpg

Here is the somali ancient culture.

buun+xeedho.jpg

This Egyptian Cultural Agriculture is still preserved in the Somali Culture and Folk dance . Every people dance traditionally with their ancestral agro-pastoral way of life .

KUFILNOOW.jpg

Ancient-Egyptians Princesses (right) and Somali Girls with traditional clothes (left): Cultural Comparison .

galoolay.jpg

Cultural Show of the Somali Youth dancing the "dhaanto" and to the right .The Ancient-Egyptians performing a Similar Traditional Dance with the same white somali loincloth ."Gundhate". This Egyptian Fresco is decorated in the tomb of the Egyptian Pharaoh Seti I (-1324 -1279 B-C) the XIXth dynasty .Period of Reign ( -1294 -1279 BC)

dhantada+tuma.jpg

Here is a video to prove that the dance was used in Egyptian and punt times and we somali's use it as our tradition dance when it was ancient dancing for Egyptian empire.

Show me any tradition, culture or any ancient elements that yemeni's or any Arabs that had any resembles of Egyptian/Puntiti civilization. :damedamn:

That's what i thought. :fantasia2:
Like 1 or 2 facts buried in a pile of baseless garbage. "Dhaanto is egyptian" :drakelaugh:

Hawdian

Hawdian
Like 1 or 2 facts buried in a pile of baseless garbage. "Dhaanto is egyptian" :drakelaugh:

That's not all if you think that's funny, you see no Egyptian arabs doing that because they are simply invaders and not native to Egypt. it was Cushitic civilization and somali's took part of it and traded with them in their own civilization known as land of punt.

I mean here is Islamic expansion and many cushites flooded into north Sudan. Just like how white's invaded America and took their land.

muslimconquestsmap.gif

I mean there was a fucking museam open and built in Somaliland and they found Egyptian tools, scripts and statues under it's grave.

Here is the evidence which proves indeed with our culture, language and tradition. We were truly Egyptians. :banderas:

It was on news telling our people we ancient people of cushites. :mybusiness: Check it out. :mjohreally:

I don't care whether it was in Somalia or elsewhere. Those people don't exist anymore and we don't even have history of Somali from 3000 years ago.
:manny:

Hawdian

Hawdian
I don't care whether it was in Somalia or elsewhere. Those people don't exist anymore and we don't even have history of Somali from 3000 years ago.
:manny:

This forum has many somali self haters. I can't take any of their bullshit! :lawd:

I just shown a video proving somali's had a history before 6 thousand years ago known as the land of punt. :drakewtf:

Watch this video where a fucking museam open and built in Somaliland and they found Egyptian and puntiti tools, scripts and statues under it's grave.

So for your information we had one of the greatest histories in the world. :westbrookswag:

If you want to learn more about land of punt, get some eduction and you'll feel some pride. Here: http://somaliegyptianpuntite.blogspot.co.uk/

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
@Layth with the counterpunch

:siilaanyolaugh:

For everyone else, they did a study in 2010 to finally confirm the location of Punt, and did a follow-up in 2015.

According to Dominy et Al., "Our results reveal a high likelihood match with eastern Somalia and the Eritrea-Ethiopia corridor, suggesting that this region was the source of Papio hamadryas exported to Ancient Egypt."

http://meeting.physanth.org/program...ons-clarify-ancient-red-sea-trade-routes.html

sxo52nbx4wne.gif

:dabcasar:

Dhabaal

Part time -Devils Advocate Full time- Anarchist
@Jubba_Man is this not the case? Uu sheeg sxb.

@Layth is just going on a trolling spree, even he knows it is in Somalia

Punt is in Somaliland they found archaeological artifacts and evidence for it.

Sade mire an expert archaeologist even points this out in her recent study and verifies the existing evidence.

Mapping the Archaeology of Somaliland: Religion, Art, Script, Time, Urbanism, Trade and Empire
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10437-015-9184-9

The “Puntite” Sites (ca. 2000 BCE–third century CE)

The Land of Punt thus may well be the area of current-day Somalia/Somaliland. However, the current interest has triggered looting activities, as demand has increased from wealthy locals for so-called “Puntite” sculptures. The sculptures and decorated tiles claimed to be of “Puntite” origin must be examined properly along with the sites attributed to them, some of them noted in the maps herein. [/QUOTE]
In relation to the discussion of cairn sites, it must be noted that since 2012 in Somaliland, there have been reports of “Pharaonic” or “Puntite sites,” which all seem to be associated with cairns (see Map 2). There is no scope in this article to discuss the Land of Punt, which is located possibly somewhere on the African side of the southern Red Sea Coast, but readers can consult the literature (e.g., Bard and Fattovich 2007; Phillips 1997; Kitchen 1993). I was asked by the Somaliland Government to investigate claims made about the existence of such objects in the summer of 2014. The Ministry of Tourism had been having problems with a man who called himself a Sheikh and claimed to have spirits working with him, digging sites. I let him take me to the sites he found with the help of these spirits (gins). Another man who works with him showed me pictures of the digging, and a film of the two of them and another man, involved with the Ministry, digging such sites. The Sheikh took me to his house in Hargeysa to show me the so-called “Pharaonic” sculptures. He proudly declared that he was selling them for up to US $15000, and named well-known figures as his clientele. The Ministry was worried that due to the demand for illicit antiquities, there might be (re)productions of sculptures. However, the sites were former cairns that had been emptied of their stones. Usually stonecutters who are selling stones to construction companies roam the landscapes for cairn sites, as these are perfectly sized stones for building local houses. I was shown sites with alleged Pharaonic artefacts; these include the twin peaks of Naaso Hablood (“girl’s breasts,” 107), Maxamood Mooge (109), Hargeysa Airport area and Masalaha (108). I have previously climbed the left peak, which has shelters with stone tools. Also, there are underground caves that show ancient habitation in the area between the two peaks.

Here are some of the Puntite artifacts they speak of

wjys7l.jpg

35k1riu.jpg

1z2pojq.jpg

Here is the video of them showcasing this in Somaliland
[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending