Land of Punt was in Yemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Layth is just going on a trolling spree, even he knows it is in Somalia

Punt is in Somaliland they found archaeological artifacts and evidence for it.

Sade mire an expert archaeologist even points this out in her recent study and verifies the existing evidence.

Mapping the Archaeology of Somaliland: Religion, Art, Script, Time, Urbanism, Trade and Empire
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10437-015-9184-9

The “Puntite” Sites (ca. 2000 BCE–third century CE)
It has not been confirmed to be in Somalia, how am I trolling?

Dhabaal

Part time -Devils Advocate Full time- Anarchist
It has not been confirmed to be in Somalia, how am I trolling?

The only reason it is not confirmed by the international community is because Somalia does not have an official Museum and they have not signed the UNESCO HERITAGE agreement.

But the evidence is there , you can even consult it if you like.

Hawdian

Hawdian
The only reason it is not confirmed by the international community is because Somalia does not have an official Museum and they have not signed the UNESCO HERITAGE agreement.

But the evidence is there , you can even consult it if you like.

You got all the information and sources from me. You should thank me. :mjcry:

You also forgot Las geel and other paintings around Somaliland.

Detail-of-the-Laas-Geel-cave-paintings.jpg

Somaliland-Laas-Geel-3710.jpg

256px-Laas_Geel.jpg

man-n-beast-las-geel.jpg

Here is a old cave building found near ancient city of Zeila which was the capital of land of punt.

PuntQueen.jpg

292.jpg

It proves us we are truly the people of punt and Egyptians. :salute:

Last edited:

Dhabaal

Waryaa Hawdian wannabe , can you stop claiming ancient egypt and stop posting all those WUZ KANGZ afrocentric photo's.

Ancient Egypt was not a Somali civilization , it is not yours to claim!!

Walahi those photos by that afrocentric Djiboutian are an eye sore, and they completely make a mockery out of us.:snoop:

Speak for darod , not Somali
Show me history of Isaaq? Even Darod have more history than you even though you claim that we are Jeberti, Oromo or Jew. Niggas came up with all sorts of explanations of what Darod might be because they are baffled by us and how we have expanded to every part of Somalia & parts of Ethiopia. They can never answer that.
:lolbron:

You also forgot Las geel and other paintings around Somaliland.

Detail-of-the-Laas-Geel-cave-paintings.jpg

Somaliland-Laas-Geel-3710.jpg

256px-Laas_Geel.jpg

man-n-beast-las-geel.jpg

Here is a old cave building found near ancient city of Zeila which was the capital of land of punt.

PuntQueen.jpg

292.jpg

It proves us we are truly the people of punt and Egyptians. :salute:
Lol that's only in one place but we got plenty of places in Bari that show the same pictures. Plus Zeila isn't SL and it definitely was not the capital. The capital of Punt was Hafun and surrounding areas. The only thing you showed us is Laas Geel.

Hawdian

Hawdian
Warya Imposter , can yo stop claiming ancient egypt and stop posting all those WUZ KANGZ afrocentric photo's.

Ancient Egypt was not a Somali civilization , it is not yours to claim.

Walahi those photos by that afrocentric Djiboutian are an eye sore, and they completely make a mockery out of our proven claim to land of punt.

Read my comment again, i edited it.

Also Egyptian empire was influenced by land of punt.

I mean Egyptian empire used to call the punt the people of God and use to see them as superior people. Even puntities settled and lived in Egypt, but it was mainly a cushitic civilization. I never said it's exclusivly Somali civilization.

Somali Men's Pharaonic Culture and Heritage

arageedi.jpg

Here is the somali ancient culture and tradition.

buun+xeedho.jpg

This Egyptian Cultural Agriculture is still preserved in the Somali Culture and Folk dance . Every people dance traditionally with their ancestral agro-pastoral way of life .

KUFILNOOW.jpg

Ancient-Egyptians Princesses (right) and Somali Girls with traditional clothes (left): Cultural Comparison .

galoolay.jpg

Cultural Show of the Somali Youth dancing the "dhaanto" and to the right .The Ancient-Egyptians performing a Similar Traditional Dance with the same white somali loincloth ."Gundhate". This Egyptian Fresco is decorated in the tomb of the Egyptian Pharaoh Seti I (-1324 -1279 B-C) the XIXth dynasty .Period of Reign ( -1294 -1279 BC)

dhantada+tuma.jpg

Show me any tradition, culture or any ancient elements that any Arabs inherit any resembles of Egyptian/Puntiti civilization. :damedamn:

Plus Egyptian empire was inhabbited by various of Cushitic people which included somali's and Arabs who live in Egypt are invaders just like white people who invaded American continent.

muslimconquestsmap.gif

So yes Somali's were indeed part of Egyptian empire since it's been influenced and further advanced thanks to puntities. :yacadiim:

Will you fockers give it a rest? Why don't we wait until some archaeological excavations
take place proving all of this to be true before we start claiming shit. :bell:

They have two things to demonstrate:

1. That Punt was in the Somali peninsula in the first place. The vast majority of academics and historians don't accept this.

2. That they are even related to the people of Punt at the time. This is even more damning as even most Somalis off the internet accept they have different origins and are a very relatively young group. See what respected anthropologist I.M Lewis has to say on the matter:

2ui9j5j.jpg

v5equ1.jpg

If the land of Punt was indeed in the Somali peninsula, those people were most likely closely related to or the ancestors of the Oromo, or were some other long gone indigenous African group. Certainly nothing to do with Somalis.

In before accusations of a white anthropologist pushing Oromo or bantu propaganda.:hemad:

Howdy,

@Hawdian just ran a train on this thread and spoke nothing but facts.

However there's one important thing nobody mentioned: Frankincense.

Follow the money and you can follow the history.

Sool, Saanag and Bari produce 80% of the worlds frankincense. Although, Yemen and Oman produce these trees, the ancients seen no incentive in going across the gulf of Aden to get these trees. Many scholars believe Frereana seeds where taken to modern day Yemen so they can plant these trees for their economies. In ancient times frankincense was worth its weight in gold. This is why it was the land of the gods, because, liquid gold(Frankincense)would spew of the trees. Eritrea and Djibouti do not produce frankincense, and the only reason we would see Punt being here is because some anthropologists who makes 40k a year decided to say that.

Here are 3 reason why I'm so glad Somaliland didn't snatch the name "Puntland".

1. Branding:
Branding is important because it allows a country to distinguish its self from its neighbours. When everyone promotes the Arabian brand from clothing to behaviour, it limits your ability to distinguish your countries content. This is why countries like Chad are having an identity crisis because they speak french and promote an Arabian culture. This is dangerous when brand building, since tourist feel no need to come to your country, there is nothing that distinctly separates your brand from another's.

2. Arts
As a country modernizes and gains wealth, it's people earn for history and arts. Since most of Somalias ancient relics and monuments are being looted and destroyed this creates a dilemma when promoting the arts and distinction. Go to Qatar and you will see the Bedouin homes and palaces destroyed to be replaced with shopping malls and office towers. This is why tourist get confused and label the Gulf as a region looking to buy history. Somalis don't need to buy history, we are too busy denying it. If Puntland was separated and autonomous, we could easily buy back artifacts from the Egyptians. Or look for it in the ancient ship wrecks along the coast, however Arts come after prosperity.

3. Nationalism.
I'm not going to lie when I tell you Somalia will be broken apart and it's a good thing. It's our land and as long Somalis inherit these breakaway states I'm all for it. If you go to thetruesize.com, you can drag somalia (Somaliland is broken apart already) but if you drag the two regions and rotate them on top of Yemen, Oman and Emirates. You can see how breaking away makes fucking sense.
http://www.somalispot.com/attachments/img_1199-jpg.9613/?temp_hash=676d6cd8dae6250ffecad9712f54fe3a
IMG_1199.JPG

As a Puntite, I'm all for looking into the future, 10, 20, 50 years ahead. Since Puntland claims the Puntite name, its 100% better than having Eritrea claim it. Nationalism is important when discussing the modern day Puntite.

From clothing, linguistics to trade; all evidence supports the Puntites coming from Northern Somalia. But remember this, the population of all Somalis was arguably less than 50k since Egypt had 4-5million inhabitants.

I'm a Puntite, whether a couple of you disagree on it or not. Having a brand, arts and nationalism is a great distinction to deviate us from tribe and Qabil. The only reason I love being a Puntite is that, no Tribe can claim Punt! But all Somalis were Puntites and I'm glad we can agree on that.

...lemme get back to this DimSum.

Rageedii,

Your Puntite

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9

1. That Punt was in the Somali peninsula in the first place. The vast majority of academics and historians don't accept this.

2. That they are even related to the people of Punt at the time. This is even more damning as even most Somalis off the internet accept they have different origins and are a very relatively young group. See what respected anthropologist I.M Lewis has to say on the matter:

2ui9j5j.jpg

v5equ1.jpg

If the land of Punt was indeed in the Somali peninsula, those people were most likely closely related to or the ancestors of the Oromo, or were some other long gone indigenous African group. Certainly nothing to do with Somalis.

In before accusations of a white anthropologist pushing Oromo or bantu propaganda.:hemad:

Nigga quoted IM Lewis, that pretty much debunked your argument :mjlol:

Hawdian

Hawdian
Lol that's only in one place but we got plenty of places in Bari that show the same pictures. Plus Zeila isn't SL and it definitely was not the capital. The capital of Punt was Hafun and surrounding areas. The only thing you showed us is Laas Geel.

You a

2ui9j5j.jpg

v5equ1.jpg

Sxb Somali's are Oromo's are both related and came from same descedent. We both go back to ancient Cushitic heritage. :damedamn:

Bantu's came out of no where, they came from camaroon and later started migrating to native lands of Khoisans, Pygemies, Nilotic and southern Cushites.

The-Bantu-expansion-3000-1000-BC.gif

Now they are 300 million because they are breeding like hell and are invaders to native lands of other ingenious African races.

Bantu's are now outbreeding somali's in the south and the hutu's has the wipe them out before it's too late. :birdman:

Dhabaal

Nigga quoted IM Lewis, that pretty much debunked your argument :mjlol:

You are right.

No on should accept I.M. Lewis as an expert on Somalia. Somali scholars don't even accept him as an expert. He and his ideas are described as "old" and "retired". I.M. Lewis's Retired Ideas and Somalia by Professor Abdi Ismail Samatar.

Many of his stuff on Somali origins and such has been debunked by many contemporary Somali scholars with linguistic and archeological evidencce @Jubba_Man and even the hypothesis that Bantus preceded is debunked and now regarded as historical revisionary lie

21nmrzn.jpg

https://books.google.com/books?id=B...ved=0ahUKEwjiysGpvKXOAhUHtBQKHQl4A9kQ6AEIHDAA

Then was the whole lie about Oromo's living in Somalia before us was debunked by Mansur.

''The traditional evidence for the presence of a Galla group prior to Somalis , i.e place names containing the word galla is no longer viable either. As Mansur pointed out, the word gaal does not mean geographical Galla (Modern day Oromos in Ethiopia) as Lewis suggested, nor infidel as herbert lewis suggested , but means ''camel'' in Reewin language of Southern Somalia H.S Lewis and Turton's reconstruction of the migrations of the Galla and Somali and Mansur's definition of the word gaal are good indications that Oromo never lived anywhere in Somalia prior to the Somalis''

https://books.google.com/books?id=XpdAzRYruCwC&pg=PA88&dq=mansuur+galla&hl=no&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiL446TpKbOAhWDcRQKHW2YBX4Q6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q=mansuur galla&f=false

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending