How far back of your families history do you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeesto

VIP
My hooyos great grandparents were Somali Adeni/yemeni from Berbera. The awoow was a sailor and traded with the Yemenis and i think he even worked with the ottomans for sometime. My late grandfather(hooyo) was also a seaman. He worked for the Somaliland Navy and later died in Europe.

My fathers grandparents were well known nomads and quite wealthy ones. They both had different bahos'. I always hear about an adeer or eedo here and there and it confuses the hell outta me. They basically everywhere.

Last edited:
Your grandfather was probably a colonialist collaborator, If I were you I would still have those letters framed in plexiglas because im thirsty for any kind of history I can find, even shameful ones.

Are you retarded? Going by your criteria the whole Somali political class educated with foreign languages were colonialist collaborators.

Are you retarded? Going by your criteria the whole Somali political class educated with foreign languages were colonialist collaborators.
All meant to be tongue and cheek m8 :whoa:

But now that ive given it some thought anyone who spoke languages other than arabic and somali at the time were prolly cozy with the colonialists

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Ive seen him in the movie. Im a fan of his work :dabcasar:
Listen man, let me tell you something fam.. we took on:

Ewan McGregor - Obi Wan Kenobi
UpI8NWx.gif

Eric Bana - The fucking Hulk
Eric+Bana.jpg

Mahone from Prison Break
William+Fichtner.jpg

Jaime Lannister
Nikolaj+Coster-Waldau.jpg

Fucking Bane
Tom+Hardy.jpg

And mofokin Legolas
Orlando+Bloom.jpg

Darood ku xaar tho That shit was probabaly a banger back in the day :russ::dead:
Somali wAr gabays were like modern hip hop disses'.a Somali poet once sat a clan down under to tree in order to spit a 114 bars of gabay .this was a tactic to keep them occupied for an impending slaughter .:ooh:

My families own a lot of Camels around 100 in total

Some of them even own around 300 goats. Sadly they won't sell them :(

They have pride in livestock :lol:

My last grandparent died a couple of months ago AUN

My moms family is from Xamar weyne and Afgoya areaa for generations as far back as i know they where sailors who mainly went to the gulf, My dads family moved to Xamar during the 30 and where mostly educated in italy my dads side are pretty rich and well off so they had the chance to go to Europe back in the day.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Actually remember now, my great grandmother (young child at the time) and her family were attacked by a roaming pack of Darwiish who were apparently out of control, killing everything in their path including her infant cousins. Her brother was saved only by pretending he was a girl.

My grandma really hates the Sayid :icon lol:

Is your greatgrandmother cumar maxmuud?

I too have a greatgrandmother who survived that. I'm still a big fan of the darawiish tho. :tacky:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Is your greatgrandmother cumar maxmuud?

I too have a greatgrandmother who survived that. I'm still a big fan of the darawiish tho. :tacky:

No, same clan as me.

Same, can't blame em all for the actions of a few madmen.

Who knows, my relatives could've been collaborators

:holeup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts