How far back of your families history do you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father was a soldier, his father was a soldier, his father was a killer geeljire that had a trillion sons :icon lol:
And the fighting spirit lives on! ....atleast in digital format :drakekidding:

I know upto around the late 1800s. From gabays and other oral sheeko. we didn't write jack, like most maryooles.
Interesting. And do these gabays deal with clan hstory or do they make references to your direct grandfaathers? Still cool they are preserved from that long

And the fighting spirit lives on! ....atleast in digital format :drakekidding:

Interesting. And do these gabays deal with clan hstory or do they make references to your direct grandfaathers? Still cool they are preserved from that long
We didn't preserve them. :chrisfreshhah:

Siyad's government did. And yes there are a lot of gabays but most of them talk about qabiil beefs. Mostly against isaaqs(ironically this nigga's wife was isaq). There are a lot of maah maah used from those gabays. they also include when my grandparents got robbed by Ethiopians and one of them had to move the south. this is over a 100 years ago.

My paternal granddad worked for Siad Barre in the 70s and was also in the military (confirmed) and my dad was a huge soccer star (unconfirmed).

My maternal granddad was also in the military.
Thats it? You must know more than that, thats less than 0.5% of somali history timeline :/

I know next to nothing from dad's side of the fam.

I only know about my grandparents on my mom's side because my great grand parents (+) are dead (obviously). I do know that some of my family was killed by the Sayid and his forces. Idk who though. Also, some were killed by the colonizers as well.

we have several letters from my maternal great-great grandfather written in English. he wrote it to his daughter, my mothers great grandmother but it doesn't say much about his life.

we have several letters from my maternal great-great grandfather written in English. he wrote it to his daughter, my mothers great grandmother but it doesn't say much about his life.
Your grandfather was probably a colonialist collaborator, If I were you I would still have those letters framed in plexiglas because im thirsty for any kind of history I can find, even shameful ones.

... and you claim to be an atheist? Are you on my Sheegato list?
Im an atheist but i still believe in some aspect of islamic morality. Degeneracy is a plague

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
On my mom's side, her dad was in politics and was a hardcore Marxist :icon lol:, his dad died a few years ago at the ripe old age of like 105.

Your grandfather was probably a colonialist collaborator, I would still have those letters framed in plexiglas because im thirsty for any kind of history I can find, even shameful ones.

the english might look susbicious but since our language wasnnt written at the time, it kinda explains it.

you dont think the educated reer koonfur didnt send eachother italian letters:ayaanswag:

Gambar

VIP
My great grandfather on my mothers side was one of the Somalis who settled in Wales, allegedly. Some were educated, most were xoolo dhaqaato. My fathers side were a mix of xoolo dhaqaato and fishermen.

They are very nice, but vulnerable people. I realized this when we came together and sent money for my family suffering from the drought.

I know next to nothing from dad's side of the fam.

I only know about my grandparents on my mom's side because my great grand parents (+) are dead (obviously). I do know that some of my family was killed by the Sayid and his forces. Idk who though. Also, some were killed by the colonizers as well.
Can't edit my post for some reason so I will add here:
I actually do know a bit about more my dad's family. I think his mom's side is from the Ogaden region of QashinThiopia. I never knew that until recently. Found out I have family on both sides from that region.

Vanguard

Fino alla morte
On my mom's side, her dad was in politics and was a hardcore Marxist :icon lol:, his dad died a few years ago at the ripe old age of like 105.

Wallahi we have one old man like that in my extended family. I think he's in his late 90s now and I don't think I've ever seen this guy pray or even say asalaamu alaikum :cosbyhmm:

My paternal great grandfather was a relatively wealthy camel trader in Bulaxar. All I know about him is that he had a lot of kids :denzelnigga:

My maternal grandfather left his home to Ethiopia at the age of 10 to find work, then ended up in Saudi to become an electrician before finally settling in Djibouti. He was the most religious man I have ever met.

Status
Not open for further replies.