How far back of your families history do you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cursed oral tradition :meleshame:
You dont know how jealous I get when white people be flaunting their grandfathers memoirs from the american civil war n shit. Meawhile im forced to conjure up what my ancestors were like from the writings of colonial historians and arab erotica authors

Wallahi we have one old man like that in my extended family. I think he's in his late 90s now and I don't think I've ever seen this guy pray or even say asalaamu alaikum :cosbyhmm:
He prolly got tired of how hypocritically we practice he religion. Having a commie granddad would prolly be cool, cant lie.
My paternal great grandfather was a relatively wealthy camel trader in Bulaxar. All I know about him is that he had a lot of kids :denzelnigga:

My maternal grandfather left his home to Ethiopia at the age of 10 to find work, then ended up in Saudi to become an electrician before finally settling in Djibouti. He was the most religious man I have ever met.
Odd, the first somali grandparent Ive heard who never touched a lions nose,,

You dont know how jealous I get when white people be flaunting their grandfathers memoirs from the american civil war n shit. Meawhile im forced to conjure up what my ancestors were like from the writings of colonial historians and arab erotica authors

Same same, family heirlooms makes me very jealous, could u imagine having an entire journal!

my dad has a couple of stories i guess and my maternal grandmother is still alive so it's not all doom and gloom but i wish my grandad was still here as well :meleshame: he passed away a couple of years ago and had some pretty cool stories.

My mama might as well be a say wallahi kid lmao there's no folk tales or stories from her

@McLovin maybe one day someone will invent some animus type technology so u can dive into ur family history and relive ur ancestors lives ala assassins creed :kendrickcry:
Yes! You read my mind!

Although it would be kind of hassle fast forwarding from the sequences of mundane shit like rounding up herds and arguing with the missus.

Im sure i have an adventurous sea farer somewehere in my lineage tho I can feel it :kendrickcry:

The information was fully passed down to me from my father, we have a tradition of this, it's the first thing every child learns, I can count back to 12 all the way to hilowle and I confirmed with my grand father before he passed whom confirmed it from his (2 back), so pretty much 90% accuracy.

The interesting thing is that my father aside, every other grandfather fought vicious wars and died in them, all around Mudug/Galgaluud areas mostly religious wars, the only reason my father or myself haven't been involved is the very early move to Europe well before the civil war, otherwise this tradition would have kept and both of us would have joined the battles.

It's no coincidence that from my sub-clan sacad, which divides into several, my paternal block made up the majority of those in the ICU while the rest mostly rejected it keeping in line our history of defending the religion, not a single Suufi in our camp unlike the others, I would have waged devastating wars had we both been there, just like our grandfathers fought and died.

It's better to live a single day as a lion and die, then live a 1000 years as a subservient sheep, like most of the posters on here that have even abandoned their culture/religion without a single bullet being fired, fucking pathetic cowardice bakhti's of lowly weak genealogy.

I can trace my family back 30 generations. Not that hard when my whole family ruled the whole country.
Haye, *oomalia has never been a united entity for more than 50 years and you are telling me your family has been ruling the whole of it 30 generations ago. Spill the beans :ayaanswag:

The information was fully passed down to me from my father, we have a tradition of this, it's the first thing every child learns, I can count back to 12 all the way to hilowle and I confirmed with my grand father before he passed whom confirmed it from his (2 back), so pretty much 90% accuracy.

The interesting thing is that my father aside, every other grandfather fought vicious wars and died in them, all around Mudug/Galgaluud areas mostly religious wars, the only reason my father or myself haven't been involved is the very early move to Europe well before the civil war, otherwise this tradition would have kept and both of us would have joined the battles.

It's no coincidence that from my sub-clan sacad, which divides into several, my paternal block made up the majority of those in the ICU while the rest mostly rejected it keeping in line our history of defending the religion, not a single Suufi in our camp unlike the others, I would have waged devastating wars had we both been there, just like our grandfathers fought and died.

It's better to live a single day as a lion and die, then live a 1000 years as a subservient sheep, like most of the posters on here that have even abandoned their culture/religion without a single bullet being fired, fucking pathetic cowardice bakhti's of lowly weak genealogy.
Rubbish ! Your kneegrows died of diabetes , over camel loot and starvation or qabil feuds .

I have been told that my great great grandfather used to the hate the legend Sayid Hasan. His brothers and other clansman was killed by the sayid and his men due to some conflict which I am not sure of. I have heard that either my great great grandfather was small during that time or he escaped. Will be really interesting if I could know more. I will probably look for more information once I travel to the motherland.
:yacadiim:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Actually remember now, my great grandmother (young child at the time) and her family were attacked by a roaming pack of Darwiish who were apparently out of control, killing everything in their path including her infant cousins. Her brother was saved only by pretending he was a girl.

My grandma really hates the Sayid :icon lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending