Ethiopia’s Peaceful Uprising is Evolving into an Armed Resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Or the Oromo are coopted by the Amhara and go back to square one while the Somalis, now labelled enemies of the revolution, go back to the days of Mengistu :icon lol:

They should consolidate their position now, take advantage of the chaos and push for balkanization :gunsmiley:

I long to see the day when the "Ethiopian" colonial project crumbles.

Historically though that region has been applying for independence since the 50s. Maybe we're first in line.

Full autonomy isn't bad though.

East Africa is a major shit show.There's very high likelyhood that Somaliland will get independence within 5 years. If Xamaar keeps dropping the ball, Somaliland will get independence.

Xabashi were a force in 600AD with their Axum empire and large influence in the region. Now they are nothing and the smallest Arab country is a million times stronger than Xabashi. They won't be destroying anything anytime soon
xabashi's population will start to exponentially increase in population. And :pachah1::pachah1:Saudi with all its oil wealth and one of highest military spending hasn't been able to secure Yemen today. And has lost Lebanon, and Iraq to shia.

maestro

Cultural revolution
Or the Oromo are coopted by the Amhara and go back to square one while the Somalis, now labelled enemies of the revolution, go back to the days of Mengistu :icon lol:

They should consolidate their position now, take advantage of the chaos and push for balkanization :gunsmiley:

I long to see the day when the "Ethiopian" colonial project crumbles.

We are all depending on Oromo not to f*ck this up but we shouldn't get our hopes up. Oromos are disunited and dumb. They will most likely put Amhara into power and be subjugated again.

But even if Amhara come to power and go ape shit on Somali this will be a sort of blessing for Somalis because they can appeal to the IC since they have a good reason to secede and Balkanization will become a reality. Also they will be more united and WSLF type of group will be assembled that can get weapons from ports in Somalia.

Whatever happens you can bet Ethiopia won't exist a decade from now.

We are all depending on Oromo not to f*ck this up but we shouldn't get our hopes up. Oromos are disunited and dumb. They will most likely put Amhara into power and be subjugated again.

But even if Amhara come to power and go ape shit on Somali this will be a sort of blessing for Somalis because they can appeal to the IC since they have a good reason to secede and Balkanization will become a reality. Also they will be more united and WSLF type of group will be assembled that can get weapons from ports in Somalia.

Did you just say that they'll apeal to IC as if they have our best interests :deadpeter:
The IC has been propping up weak christian gov'ts in Ethiopia for decades pouring in billions of dollars of aid coz they're a minority. On the outside they may like to act like a beacon of human rights and freedom but they'd support any xabash christian dictator over muslim democratic leadership

Sxb the last hope you should have is some sort of relief by UN or ic. Their sole purpose regarding you is to keep you in your colonial borders.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
Man, just when Somalis were starting to get it good under the Tigray this shit happens. Hopefully they can continue to take advantage of the good relations with the current regime and continue to develop their region.

IMG_5920.PNG
If your basing this off the work of ibn battuta then your mistaken. From the stuff I read from him it seems like he barely knew our people and called the people and language Maqdashi when he was in Xamar and Berber when he was in berbera etc..when in Saylac. One of the worst travellers/historians he had the audacity to write about the people when he wasn't gifted with the skill to immerse into the people and wrote about us in a condescending way. The likes of Richard Burton knew more about us and tried to understand us, A WHITE CHRISTIAN!! You can tell he admired the culture and people from the stuff he wrote.

No the term Berber and land of Berber was always referred to somalis before ibn battuta (who was Berber from Morocco not Arab) came to Somalia.
For example Ibn Khaldun used: 'To the south of Zeila on the western coast of the Indian Ocean are the villages of Berbera, which extend one after the other all along the southern coast [of the Indian Ocean] to the end of the sixth section. There, to the east, the country of the Zanj adjoins them'"

@GeKo
Ancient Chinese documents from centuries earlier also profile the area's inhabitants, customs, lifestyle and commodities. For example, in his book Miscellaneous Notes in Chronicle Years ("you yang za zu"), the 9th century merchant Duan Chengshi wrote the following about the northern Horn coast, a region he referred to as "Bo-ba-li":

"[it is] an independent country with an infantry of over 200 thousand men, strong enough to defy the powerful Tazi (the Arab Empire)."

books.google.ca/books?id=cMCu0eIcDd0C&pg=PA21#v=onepage&q&f=false

From this we can glean three essential bits of information:

*The local inhabitants had an autonomous polity of some sort.
*They had a quite large and relatively strong army.
*They were a distinct group from the Tazi, which was a popular reference during the Tang dynasty for the Arab empire.

We can also be fairly certain that this was not a reference to the Abyssinians since the Chinese referred to their area of inhabitation as Laobosa (an obvious corruption of the Arabic term "al-Habasha" for the Abyssinian highlands).

Duan Chengshi's book above, which is sometimes transliterated as Assorted Dishes from Yu-yang, also incorporates "an account of an extended "Berbera", which seems here to have subsumed all the Hamitic tribes of the Horn".

https://books.google.ca/books?id=cMCu0eIcDd0C&pg=PA21#v=onepage&q&f=false

Young Popeye

Call me pops
There's a hadith that one of the signs of yawmul qiyama is that an Ethiopian ruler will try to destroy the kaaba. From the description it sounds like reer meles zenawi :meleshame:. Could be one of his ancestors .

:mjcry: For the xabash to be powerful enough to destroy the Kaaba implies 3 things.
1) The oromos not having power and the christian amhara/tigray form an alliance
2) The somalis were too weak/complacent to do anything about the xabash
3) The xabash are still gaajo going to Makka just to get the gold Kiswa covering

:damedamn:thats going to take place minutes before the trumpet blows and they wont be christian ethiopians but pagans, agnostics and atheists. kaba is going to be useless at the time, nobody will be doing hajj because there's no muslims left.

I was reading an article that was implying that the Somalis were on the tigray gov't's side ie. aren't part of the protest. But oromo and amhara are leading it which is now turning into armed militias. The injustice the tigray gov't is doing won't be tolerated by the majority of people and thanks to the introduction to the internet people have been organizing themselves. With the power of the internet alone, Ethiopians should topple the TPLF and have a more inclusive govt.
This isn't ain't no Arab world chap .amhara and Oromo better be ready to sacrifice a few million skinnies for the cause . #just another day in Africa .

I wish Ethiopia every success. Somalis need to check their Arab booty clapping and realize how these foreign religions create problems between Africans. Ethiopia saved Mohammeds idiots from total buttfuck what did they get for their trouble but Muslims trying to destroy that ancient African country, from the Mahdi in Sudan, to the Egyptians of that same era, to Ahmed Gurey to Siyad Barre etc. No thanks want no part of being an Arab/Turkish booty clapper.

Dire Dewa's son

Malik Obama 4 president.
Its funny how history is easily perverted to your collective sick reality. You ass niggas give all Somali a bad name and I'm embarrassed to have any association with people who disparage a whole community over nonsensical debate like all of you have the last week starting with Bantu then African Americans and now our neighbors. Do you even have any knowledge of Islam? Who raised you animals? Do you know what you're saying or are you trolling for cool points? I'm sick and tired of this shit @AbdiJohnson You can ban me if you want. I just can't keep holding my tongue when these idiots and fakers attack people and call for violence. I'm going the reer Djibouti way from now on. f*ck all you insecure z. :pacspit:

maestro

Cultural revolution
Did you just say that they'll apeal to IC as if they have our best interests :deadpeter:
The IC has been propping up weak christian gov'ts in Ethiopia for decades pouring in billions of dollars of aid coz they're a minority. On the outside they may like to act like a beacon of human rights and freedom but they'd support any xabash christian dictator over muslim democratic leadership

Appeal to the Arab world then? Muslim countries are all completely useless and weak now :meleshame:

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
Its funny how history is easily perverted to your collective sick reality. You ass niggas give all Somali a bad name and I'm embarrassed to have any association with people who disparage a whole community over nonsensical debate like all of you have the last week starting with Bantu then African Americans and now our neighbors. Do you even have any knowledge of Islam? Who raised you animals? Do you know what you're saying or are you trolling for cool points? I'm sick and tired of this shit @AbdiJohnson You can ban me if you want. I just can't keep holding my tongue when these idiots and fakers attack people and call for violence. I'm going the reer Djibouti way from now on. f*ck all you insecure z. :pacspit:
Warya if you don't like it here, you can leave. Why do you need someone to ban you? There door is right there. If you will stay, please spare us your sanctimony. Stop painting us all with the same brush. It's the internet, people say crazy shit when they're sitting behind a computer screen. If you don't like it, you might as well stay away from forums and social media, because you'll find stuff like this no matter where you go. We're not special in this regard. Cadaan forums, madow forums, it doesn't matter, they all say stuff like this, or even worse. Smoke a blunt and relax.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?
Somalis are type of people that complain that Arabs didn't share the L with them when piracy/civil war occured. But they're willing to divide into sub-sub-sub-sub clans just to avoid claiming a gay like SoHollywood.

The nationalism is clouding the judgement of these people

A civil war in Ethiopia would be devastating for not only the region but the continent

100+ million people in civil war:damn:

The Mideast can't handle Syria, imagine how fucked we'll be with this:damn:

A balkanised ethiopia would present a good opportunity for Somali Galbeed to secede and reunite with Somalia. However, if this civil war becomes long & protracted then the refugee crisis from Oromo & Amhara lands will be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts