Ethiopia’s Peaceful Uprising is Evolving into an Armed Resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
AG7-Nov-2016-4-768x551.png

As the world ushers in the new year, Ethiopia’s political, economic and security situation is entering a new and dangerous phase. The peaceful and popular uprising that swept the country in 2016 is gradually transforming itself into a well-organized armed resistance in various parts of the country. The government belligerence and refusal to respond to the popular demand of citizens and engage in a genuine, inclusive and meaningful dialogue with opposition political forces and find a workable solution to the political stalemate is forcing many groups, concerned citizens and peaceful activists to re-evaluate their non-violence strategy.

Click the article and check out the comments section.

Source: https://www.nazret.com/2017/01/08/ethiopias-peaceful-uprising-is-evolving-into-an-armed-resistance/#

Somalia cannot afford for the state of Ethiopia to collapse or descent into a complete civil war . The number of refugees sweeping into the east will be in the millions putting very heavy pressure into the already strained eco system. There is already predictions of an incoming drought in 2017. Hopefully this will get resolved very quickly.

Civil war will be a disaster for the recovery of the Somali State.

Last edited:
Somalia cannot afford for the state of Ethiopia to collapse or descent into a complete civil war . The number of refugees sweeping into the east will be in the millions putting very heavy pressure into the already strained eco system. There is already predictions of an incoming drought in 2017. Hopefully this will get resolved very quickly.

Civil war will be a disaster for the recovery of the Somali State.

Going to Somalia is worse than staying in Ethiopia.

I was reading an article that was implying that the Somalis were on the tigray gov't's side ie. aren't part of the protest. But oromo and amhara are leading it which is now turning into armed militias. The injustice the tigray gov't is doing won't be tolerated by the majority of people and thanks to the introduction to the internet people have been organizing themselves. With the power of the internet alone, Ethiopians should topple the TPLF and have a more inclusive govt.

Keo

VIP
I was reading an article that was implying that the Somalis were on the tigray gov't's side ie. aren't part of the protest. But oromo and amhara are leading it which is now turning into armed militias. The injustice the tigray gov't is doing won't be tolerated by the majority of people and thanks to the introduction to the internet people have been organizing themselves. With the power of the internet alone, Ethiopians should topple the TPLF and have a more inclusive govt.
What worries me is the Amhara more than Tigray.
:cosbyhmm:

What worries me is the Amhara more than Tigray.
:cosbyhmm:
Same, I wish the oromos could actually take control for once. But they have too much odds stacked against them. They need to be seen as their own identity an not a raw material that can be habeshized etc.
somali view of oromo.PNG

Same, I wish the oromos could actually take control for once. But they have too much odds stacked against them. They need to be seen as their own identity an not a raw material that can be habeshized etc.
View attachment 11387

Oromos are a very interesting group of people. Whenever you do business with Oromos I find they always assume you are outsmarting them.

The turnaround time for an Oromo to make a decision in business feels like an eternity

Oromos are a very interesting group of people. Whenever you do business with Oromos I find they always assume you are outsmarting them.

The turnaround time for an Oromo to make a decision in business feels like an eternity

There's a hadith that one of the signs of yawmul qiyama is that an Ethiopian ruler will try to destroy the kaaba. From the description it sounds like reer meles zenawi :meleshame:. Could be one of his ancestors .
AbduAllah ibn Amr said I heard the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم say: " Zul-Suwayqatayn from Al-Habasha ( Abyssinia or Ethiopia) will destroy the Ka'ba and steal its treasure and Kiswah (cover). It is as if I could see him now: he is bald-headed and has a distortion in his wrists. He will strike the Ka'ba with his spade and pick-axe." (Musnad Ahmad)
:mjcry: For the xabash to be powerful enough to destroy the Kaaba implies 3 things.
1) The oromos not having power and the christian amhara/tigray form an alliance
2) The somalis were too weak/complacent to do anything about the xabash
3) The xabash are still gaajo going to Makka just to get the gold Kiswa covering

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
There's a hadith that one of the signs of yawmul qiyama is that an Ethiopian ruler will try to destroy the kaaba. From the description it sounds like reer meles zenawi :meleshame:. Could be one of his ancestors .

:mjcry: For the xabash to be powerful enough to destroy the Kaaba implies 3 things.
1) The oromos not having power and the christian amhara/tigray form an alliance
2) The somalis were too weak/complacent to do anything about the xabash
3) The xabash are still gaajo going to Makka just to get the gold Kiswa covering
Lol Dude for all we know he could be Somali. Habesha was a broad term at that time. Also I have never seen anyone that hates Arabs more than than ex-muslim Somalis.

TPLF cuts the Internet from them and it is highly monitored by regime

Lol Dude for all we know he could be Somali. Habesha was a broad term at that time. Also I have never seen anyone that hates Arabs more than than ex-muslim Somalis.

Nope, Somalis were never called habashi, but were the Berber/Zelia people.

If you look at history it has a tendency of repeating itself.
1) The xabash have before attempted to destroy the kaaba
2) The Somalis having nomadic culture still embedded would be too proud to go to Makkah just for a Kiswa.
3) Our culture doesn't encourage stealing and its looked down upon. Again we believe we can do better than taking from others
4) The chances of Somalis to have such a big population of Ex-muslims is too low
5) Xabash are historic enemies with arabs as well, with one point controlling Yemen before Islam and after Islam became slaves. There hatred for Arab Muslims is stronger.
Habesh.PNG

maestro

Cultural revolution
This recent Tigray alliance seems smart to me wlhi. No wonder all former militant Ogaden have become Pro DDSI.

Once chaos ensues they will have the army infrastructure and weapons to secede and declare independence like Somaliland :ehh: let's see what happens

Nope, Somalis were never called habashi, but were the Berber/Zelia people.
If your basing this off the work of ibn battuta then your mistaken. From the stuff I read from him it seems like he barely knew our people and called the people and language Maqdashi when he was in Xamar and Berber when he was in berbera etc..when in Saylac. One of the worst travellers/historians he had the audacity to write about the people when he wasn't gifted with the skill to immerse into the people and wrote about us in a condescending way. The likes of Richard Burton knew more about us and tried to understand us, A WHITE CHRISTIAN!! You can tell he admired the culture and people from the stuff he wrote.

This recent Tigray alliance seems smart to me wlhi. No wonder all former militant Ogaden have become Pro DDSI.

Once chaos ensues they will have the army infrastructure and weapons to secede and declare independence like Somaliland :ehh: let's see what happens

There's 800 applications for independence. DDSI won't see indepedence.

maestro

Cultural revolution
If you look at history it has a tendency of repeating itself.
1) The xabash have before attempted to destroy the kaaba
2) The Somalis having nomadic culture still embedded would be too proud to go to Makkah just for a Kiswa.
3) Our culture doesn't encourage stealing and its looked down upon. Again we believe we can do better than taking from others
4) The chances of Somalis to have such a big population of Ex-muslims is too low
5) Xabash are historic enemies with arabs as well, with one point controlling Yemen before Islam and after Islam became slaves. There hatred for Arab Muslims is stronger.
View attachment 11394

Xabashi were a force in 600AD with their Axum empire and large influence in the region. Now they are nothing and the smallest Arab country is a million times stronger than Xabashi. They won't be destroying anything anytime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts