Banaadir residents only!!

Jungle

VIP
Fiiri niyahow money must comeback and used wisely xamar needa new roads walhi so far we only have roads from siad bare era we need municiplaity to buy proerty and demolish the houses walhi and pave new road that way. We also need sewage system also we need cleaning services on roads go to isgoyska bakaraha walhi its dirty and filthy also cows on streets must be banned.
Listen joke man, there are no siad bare era main roads/junctions in xamar dadka lama xaqiro, just because your people played no part in the development of Muqdisho doesn't mean its all doom and gloom. You talking Xamar, there are fully paved highways to both Balcad and Afgooye. Drainage system ill accept

Listen joke man, there are no siad bare era main roads/junctions in xamar dadka lama xaqiro, just because your people played no part in the development of Muqdisho doesn't mean its all doom and gloom. You talking Xamar, there are fully paved highways to both Balcad and Afgooye. Drainage system ill accept
Kkk i am taking inside the city wah after 1991 we need new roads inside the city. . Gvt must buy propert and demolish them and make new roads imo so as to free the jam of the city.

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
This argument that Banadir pays taxes to the FGS, and should thus receive more of the foreign aid can be solved by Culusow with a stroke of the pen. I said this last year:
Just pass a law prohibiting the taxation of Banadir for use outside of Banadir.

Hawiye wasting their time talking about Puntland meanwhile:
  1. Alshabab are burning police/military stations in Balcad and are shelling Wardhiigley. The push against Alshabab in Galmudug is faltering, SNA is in full retreat in Hobyo and Xarardheere districts.
  2. The new interior minister will be trying to hold one man/one vote local elections in Banadir where IDPs will be allowed to vote. Hiraab are no longer a majority in Banadir, may oppose free&fair elections. Democratization in South Central Somalia needs Banadir to serve as a testbed.
  3. ATMIS will be reducing their footprint even further in 8 months, SNA will have to hold territory now held on their behalf by Ugandans and Burundians. Donor fatigue is setting in, ATMIS has had its funding cut & is now relying on its emergency funds. The AU has been unable to secure funding for a post ATMIS mission.
  4. Ethiopia may recognize Somaliland outright, spelling the beginning of a potentially decades long diplomatic crisis for the FGS. Hawiye refusal to accept SSC-Khatumo as a full FMS due to qabil hatred is helping the secessionists.
  5. Massive floods on the way in Hiirshabelle & Lower Shabelle due to very strong El Nino leading to further displacement into Banadir.
The FGS may be teetering on the edge in 12 months.
Puntland will be okay, but Hawiye are in big trouble.

Gemstone

Sincerity is a dangerous thing.
They are appointed to do a job. The job being- running the city.
Thatโ€™s the job of the local Banaadir administration, you have a lot of people taking a salary + project funding in the name of running Mogadishu and the Banaadiir region. Public infrastructure in Xamar is neglected and the residents deserve a return on their tax but this should not be the responsibility of the federal government.
Demand more from your local government
We are not talking about what ought to be, we are discussing what is. In a normal federation the central government would collect taxes from every region. That is not the case here.

In a normal federation local governments are elected by the people, once again that is not the case here.

@a_bilan Why should we demand more from appointed officials who operate with fraction of the revenue collected? We'd be barking at the wrong tree. Don't you think so?

Wonyluvr

โ€œla vie en rose๐Ÿฅ€ ~โ€
VIP
My family is all from Banadir but I donโ€™t know anything about the new constitution because I donโ€™t care heard it sucks though I donโ€™t know whatโ€™s going on

Gemstone

Nobody cares about puntland. I haven't seen the constitution mentioned constantly anywhere the past 5 days except in this echo chamber my views are pretty clear on deni shuluq and puntlands dissent.

Xaaji Muse Sudi Yalaxow is the defacto banaadir leader and as soon as he HSM brought him on board I knew everything would pass which I stated on here.

Reer Muqdisho waa canshuur bixiyaal dulman nothing new here especially Galmaax Yonis and Banaadiris . Why should we discuss banaadir politics on here when this strictly between Abgaal, Murusade and Banaadiris. Those 3 combined without a doubt trump the tax from other group such as hg, Shiikhaal, Gugundhabe, Madow, Elaay, Darood etc as well as when it comes to land ownership.

The mentions don't work sxb
I agree on the echo chamber here, most posters are outright delusional.

Regarding Banaadir affairs, it is important not to fall for the rabbit hole that is qabiil sectarianism. We need to operate on a distinct Banaadir identity; the bigger our voter pool, the more leverage we have on the national level.

Every IDP should get a biometric ID, and everyone in those camps who is eligible to vote should be forced to do so. They are displaced IDPs today, but they will be tax-paying Banaadirians tomorrow.

Of course, I'm not naive enough to ask anyone to drop their community's or clan's interests. All I'm saying is that you can secure your well-being while working with all the stakeholders. There are many ways to align the interests of the various clans and communities in Banaadir. One example is to limit the number of political parties, forcing cooperation and inducing a political climate seeking harmony rather than undermining one another to stay at the top.

Another is adopting a multi-layered political structure. For example, incorporating a distinct alderman system that elects a 23-seated senate that enforces the laws passed by the elected legislative branch (voted in by anyone who has lived in Banaadir for a minimum of five years). The prerequisites to either run for an alderman position or vote for an alderman could be different. For example, we could say that you would have to own land property for a minimum of 10 years and be endorsed by a set number of non-voting aldermen appointed by a council representing the clans and old communities of the current 16 districts of Banaadir.

We need to find a system of harmony, and I have three almost perfect ones in mind. But that is for another day. The important thing is to see the IDPs as assets and find a clever way to harmonise their interests with those calling the city their home.

Why do you guys think @Thegoodshepherd is working extra hours demonising an impoverished, starving IDP community on the other side of the country? He must be shitting his pants, thinking that Banaadir will have twice as many seats as all of Puntland.

Last edited:

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Why do you guys think @Thegoodshepherd is working extra hours demonising an impoverished, starving IDP community on the other side of the country? He must be shitting his pants, thinking that Banaadir will have twice as many seats as all of Puntland.

I'm Reer Faarax Shirwac. My reer is the most laandheer in all of Somalia.
Nin iga xiniinyo weyn ma jiro.

On the other hand, your friend @Jungle is the one who fears D&M numbers. Here is what he had to say when I said that IDPs in Bandir should have the right to vote in the upcoming local elections:
Peace and security of Muqdisho will continue to improve year by year and investment will continue. They live on either land owned by the state and/or goofleey and regular citizens. They will be evicted or all labelled shabab. Things happen. These people even rob the lil girls sent for adeeg in the morning and forcefully tuugsi the shacab dar alle ee isaga siiyaan etc , those are reer muqdisho issues Nobody likes them or would bat an eyelid of they were removed dar alle ee meesha ku joogaan. And you here talking like we would ever let them vote. Everywhere professional tuugsi up and down the country even that source they bring shame on us all. You scoring cheap points sxb
Source

Keep in mind that IDPs had the right to vote in Puntland.
An IDP from Qalaafe was elected to the Qardho district council in 2021.

Gemstone

My family is all from Banadir but I donโ€™t know anything about the new constitution because I donโ€™t care heard it sucks though I donโ€™t know whatโ€™s going on
Abaayo, there is no new constitution; the one we had since 2012 was an interim one, meaning unfinished and temporary.

Every federal member state leader participated in the National Consultative Council (NCC) meetings and decided on a comprehensive time frame to finally bring us a finalised constitution. And the federal representatives from every member state, including PL's, were present at every stage of the constitutional amendments.
PL alone refused to attend those meetings and decided that the finalisation of the constitution was out of the question.

What we are witnessing is a rift between those who want progress and those demanding stagnation on the political level.

But politics isn't for everyone; if your frontal lobe is not fully developed yet, politics will leave you bitter or arrogant, so don't delve too deeply into these matters.

Last edited:

Wonyluvr

โ€œla vie en rose๐Ÿฅ€ ~โ€
VIP
Abaayo there is no new constitution, the one we had since 2012 was an interim one, meaning unfinished and temporary.

Every federal memberstate leader participated in the National Consultative Council and decided on a comprehensive time frame to finally bring us a finalised constitution. And the federal representatives from every member state including PL's were present in these talks.

PL alone refused to attend those meetings and decided that finalisation of the constitution is out of the question. What we are witnessing is a rift between those who want progress and those demanding stagnation on the political level.

But politics isn't for everyone, if your frontal lobe is not fully developed yet, politics will leave you bitter or arrogant so don't delve too deep in these matters.
I donโ€™t care that much about Somali politics to be fair I just want everyone in Somalia to live happy long lives and not live in fear thatโ€™s all I want ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”

Gemstone

I'm Reer Faarax Shirwac. My reer is the most laandheer in all of Somalia.
Nin iga xiniinyo weyn ma jiro.

On the other hand, your friend @Jungle is the one who fears D&M numbers. Here is what he had to say when I said that IDPs in Bandir should have the right to vote in the upcoming local elections:

Source

Keep in mind that IDPs had the right to vote in Puntland.
An IDP from Qalaafe was elected to the Qardho district council in 2021.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Regarding Banaadir affairs, it is important not to fall for the rabbit hole that is qabiil sectarianism. We need to operate on a distinct Banaadir identity; the bigger our voter pool, the more leverage we have on the national level.

Every IDP should get a biometric ID, and everyone in those camps who is eligible to vote should be forced to do so. They are displaced IDPs today, but they will be tax-paying Banaadirians tomorrow.

Of course, I'm not naive enough to ask anyone to drop their community's or clan's interests. All I'm saying is that you can secure your well-being while working with all the stakeholders. There are many ways to align the interests of the various clans and communities in Banaadir. One example is to limit the number of political parties, forcing cooperation and inducing a political climate seeking harmony rather than undermining one another to stay at the top.

Another is adopting a multi-layered political structure. For example, incorporating a distinct alderman system that elects a 23-seated senate that enforces the laws passed by the elected legislative branch (voted in by anyone who has lived in Banaadir for a minimum of five years). The prerequisites to either run for an alderman position or vote for an alderman could be different. For example, we could say that you would have to own land property for a minimum of 10 years and be endorsed by a set number of non-voting aldermen appointed by a council representing the clans and old communities of the current 16 districts of Banaadir.

We need to find a system of harmony, and I have three almost perfect ones in mind. But that is for another day. The important thing is to see the IDPs as assets and find a clever way to harmonise their interests with those calling the city their home.

Bro the isue of idp is irelavant to us the eelaya and jar**r have no value to us ask @Jungle he wil twl you walhi everyday these elay disturb us they begars everywhere we fo they are there beging for money at shops at supermarkets at mosque everywhere they are just have no value to us i wish they werent there walhi. Also xamar need highly enterpreneul people nit beger clas to develop the city. Also
As somone who is murusade i can tel u these idps people squat alot of our land in deyniile walhi. There is no way we can let them vote and have seats as district council pple whi are just begers who bring no investment in our districts and give them power it wont work bro.

Trending

Latest posts