Are you a Somali before you are a Muslim or are you Muslim before you are a Somali?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
What I think doesn't matter. What matters is what their descendants and the other clans in the nation believe. So many millions of people cannot truly be confused about their lineage and heritage. That is a rather quite extraordinary claim.

Are you seriously advocating the nonsense that we're Arabs? I mean, how does one face up to this knowing full well that DNA lineage clearly contradicts such a claim?

Absolutely millions can be wrong about their lineage!! The bloody DNA findings show otherwise.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
^Wikipedia is your source? :russ:

You have a lot to learn sxb. You should read the works of western anthropologists like I.M Lewis and their findings on your people. :reallymaury:

He's findings are based on what Somalis have said you bloody buffoon.

Also, Wikipedia is a credible source as it links all its sources in the reference section. Don't dismiss my source because it completely contradicts your unsubstantiated bullshit!

Are you seriously advocating the nonsense that we're Arabs? I mean, how does one face up to this knowing full well that DNA lineage clearly contradicts such a claim?

Absolutely millions can be wrong about their lineage!! The bloody DNA findings show otherwise.
He's not Somali

You mean the same apparatus and sloppy methodologies of modern DNA sequencing that have been used to wrongfully convict thousands of innocent people? That's what you're trying to use as your crutch to debunk well-established and historical migration patterns and accurate lineages? :mjlol::camby:

Ok, Mr Scientific Atheist. Two can play this game. Bring me your peer-reviewed journal papers that definitively show Somalis are not originally from the Arabian peninsula but are an ancient people who have been in the region as you claim. You've made the claim and its now time to back it up with serious scientific evidence. The results on 23&me and other polling sites do not count in any meaningful way nor would anyone try to use such results to establish a defensible hypothesis.

You mean the same apparatus and sloppy methodologies of modern DNA sequencing that have been used to wrongfully convict thousands of innocent people? That's what you're trying to use as your crutch to debunk well-established and historical migration patterns and accurate lineages? :mjlol::camby:

Ok, Mr Scientific Atheist. Two can play this game. Bring me your peer-reviewed journal papers that definitively show Somalis are not originally from the Arabian peninsula but are an ancient people who have been in the region as you claim. You've made the claim and its now time to back it up with serious scientific evidence. The results on 23&me and other polling sites do not count in any meaningful way nor would anyone try to use such results to establish a defensible hypothesis.
A large number of them are most certainly of Arabian origin. Only a delusional individual would deny such a concrete fact. The historical accounts of Shaykh Darod for example are recorded in numerous of manuscripts, some of them being hundreds of years old. Modern methods of tracing paternal ancestry via Y-DNA STR marker testing is not as reliable as some would have us believe.

He's findings are based on what Somalis have said you bloody buffoon.

Also, Wikipedia is a credible source as it links all its sources in the reference section. Don't dismiss my source because it completely contradicts your unsubstantiated bullshit!

An atheist already invoking ad-hominem? :russ:

Sxb you\re way beyond your depths on this matter. Go and look at those "sources" they cite and tell me if they are academic in any way. At least I.M Lewis et al. were published in respected journals and their theses has not been challenged by other academics.

I thought you believed in science and critical thought? That peer-reviewed journals were your book of revelations? Cite actual papers published in such journals or you have nothing. That's how I know this whole "science science science" mantra is a front for most you. Citing wikipedia as a source for an argument is the worst possible thing you could do from the perspective of actual academics and scientists. :mjlol:

What I think doesn't matter. What matters is what their descendants and the other clans in the nation believe. So many millions of people cannot truly be confused about their lineage and heritage. That is a rather quite extraordinary claim.
643655_movies-reaction-celebrities-robert-deniro.gif

A large number of them are most certainly of Arabian origin. Only a delusional individual would deny such a concrete fact. The historical accounts of Shaykh Darod for example are recorded in numerous of manuscripts, some of them being hundreds of years old. Modern methods of tracing paternal ancestry via Y-DNA STR marker testing is not as reliable as some would have us believe.

Somalia is not nearly as homogeneous as we think it is. There's no other possible way to explain the perpetual strife and discord. The only thing that unites all of these people to a common heritage is the deen. That fact is what burns these atheists to the core.

When I meet a muslim, we might share the same values and thus get on easier. Where as with non muslim Somalis they tend to be head cases, have screws loose and hold a lot of resentment towards religion. They also have superiority complexes and think that them leaving religion some how makes them more intelligent.

I don't really put one above the other, they're both strangers to me until I get to know them, but with non muslim somalis I feel more hostility because of my hijab.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP

Classic Jew

:faysalwtf:

Classic Jew

:faysalwtf:
In all seriousness, I’m serious (at least in my definition of seriousness).

Premise: the individual known as Shaykh Darod al-Jaberti (RH) was definitely an Arab and not a Cushitic African.

Either:

A) You’re falsely claiming that Shaykh Darod was not an Arab and was in fact a Somali due to ingrained self-hatred (perhaps because Arabs are not portrayed in a positive light in the mass media); making you merely a self-hating Arab. In this case, you should quit the revisionism. The renowned individual called Shaykh Darod was definitely an Arab, all historical accounts attest to this.

Or

B) You’re espousing the notion that you're not a descendant of Shaykh Darod since you’re Somali and he was an Arab; thereby accusing all of the noble individuals belonging to the Darod clan of claiming a father other than their own.

We both know it’s the former bro. Come on man. Not to mention the large number of Darods carrying the J1 haplotype, all the more so strengthening my position.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
In all seriousness, I’m serious (at least in my definition of seriousness).

Premise: the individual known as Shaykh Darod al-Jaberti (RH) was definitely an Arab and not a Cushitic African.

Either:

A) You’re falsely claiming that Shaykh Darod was not an Arab and was in fact a Somali due to ingrained self-hatred (perhaps because Arabs are not portrayed in a positive light in the mass media); making you merely a self-hating Arab. In this case, you should quit the revisionism. The renowned individual called Shaykh Darod was definitely an Arab, all historical accounts attest to this.

Or

B) You’re espousing the notion that you're not a descendant of Shaykh Darod since you’re Somali and he was an Arab; thereby accusing all of the noble individuals belonging to the Darod clan of claiming a father other than their own.

We both know it’s the former bro. Come on man. Not to mention the large number of Darods carrying the J1 haplotype, all the more so strengthening my position.

i-is this the next shtick?

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
What "shtick"? Wallahi I've learnt a lot in the past few months.

I consider you an Arab.
:chrisfreshhah: @Bahal is the original black Arab, where is your white khamis & your imaamad akhi? On second thought an apostate that doesn't wash his ass with water shouldn't wear white khamis cause it might reveal the shit stains :pachah1:

Let's be honest here: if any if you were Muslim before Somali, you all would be praying 5 times a day like you eat bariis and baasto everyday. You would not be engaging in qabyalaad but promoting Sunni unity; not being a qabiliste is the easiest thing to do.

Get real lyin' Sunnis

:mjlol:

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Let's be honest here: if any if you were Muslim before Somali, you all would be praying 5 times a day like you eat bariis and baasto everyday. You would not be engaging in qabyalaad but promoting Sunni unity; not being a qabiliste is the easiest thing to do.

Get real lyin' Sunnis

:mjlol:
Allah doesn't like a weak Muslim if I'm being attacked merely cause of my tribe then it's my God given right to defend myself, don't forget the only reason why we are in the west is due to tribal war so let's no beat around the bush & call a spade a spade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts