According to U.N, Somaliland is far less populous than Puntland. Hargeisa is smaller than Bosaso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beatufiul Garowe

-Beautiful clean streets
-Working grid design
-One of the only cities in Somalia with a functioning water and sewage system
-Second highest population in Somalia according to the UN
-Built nearly from scratch after 1991

Beats xaargesia (home of 'fucking street') by every metric!

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP

Beatufiul Garowe

-Beautiful clean streets
-Working grid design
-One of the only cities in Somalia with a functioning water and sewage system
-Second highest population in Somalia according to the UN

-Built nearly from scratch after 1991

Beats xaargesia (home of 'fucking street') by every metric!

Citation needed. Or are we supposed to take your word for it?

Firstly, The World Bank is a reputable organization, they wouldn't have used Somaliland's population estimates if they weren't confident in them as source data to generate their GDP per capita estimates.

For the bolded claim above, I say to you Hearsay is not evidence. You need solid statistical proof for this type of claim. You've made up your conclusion in advance of any facts to prove this statement one way or the other. Simply saying this and repeating it wont make it true.

The flawed world bank report these jebertis from Puntland love to bootyclap for lists Sool and Sanaag as regions of Somaliland , not Puntland. Their own report said puntlander population was around 1 million something . They like to claim 3 million by including disputed territories but their own report acknowledges it's not disputed and it's all somaliland .

Cumar

VIP
OP wants a FKD thread. I'm determined not to give him one. @Oday Sanaag

He keeps resorting to posting pics because he has no actual, tangible argument.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
I went to masalaxa (CG area) today on a mountain where you could see all of Hargeisa.The city is fucking massive and there is not a single Jeberti shoethief city thay could rival it.

This thread was made out of pure jealousy from these homeless folk whos largest deegan to date is Dadaab
Don't worry no one coming to that semi-desert dusty HIV ridden town.
Hargeysa will definitely fall in the hands of Oromo in the next few years, I guarantee you.:bell:

I don't understand why all these khat chewer cockroaches have descended onto my thread, to the point where they're talking about their pathetic lineage groups :vqbuyv0::vqbuyv0:

This thread is not meant for khat chewers or to debate them.

It's meant to educate the rest of the forum about how langaab your clan is, how underpopulated Somaliland is and why it will not receive any recognition because the world knows your villages are virtually empty

Huncho

Blac Youngsta's brother
Hargeysa will definitely fall in the hands of Oromo in the next few years, I guarantee you.:bell:
You clearly dont have a clue about what your talking about but your anti-Isaaq hatred is duly noted you .

I doubt Oromo want Hargesia. They use it as a stepping stone to get to the Middle East for work. their own land is lush and green and fertile, why would they want dusty xaargesia that doesn't even have enough drinking water?

The only people interested in xaargesia are those coming to enjoy fucking street.

Funnily enough there's like 5 trees in the pics this garac posted of his punani town and hes talking about green and lavish :mjlaugh: oh sandal theives , shouldn't you be getting ready to go poach a Masjid to steal some more sandals in the name of Tarud your fast talking , swindling , sticky fingered clan master and ancestor as you guys believe ? :mjohreally:

Manafesto

VIP
HalimoEnthusiast

Chained in Somaliland: Inadequate mental healths

View across Hargeisa, the capital of the breakaway northern region of Somalia. ZOE FLOOD/AL JAZEERA

Hargeisa, Somaliland - Abdirisak Mohamed Warsame is one of just a handful of professionals working to improve the lives of people suffering from mental health problems in the Horn of Africa country, people who are largely neglected and often abused.

"Mental health is an abandoned field in Somaliland," Warsame said.

There is no official data on the prevalence of mental health conditions in Somaliland but research points to high levels caused by - among other factors - the violence of the ongoing civil war, the widespread use of the stimulant khat, entrenched unemployment, and the lack of health services.

Advertisement

Some families, who often don't understand the condition of their relatives, admit relatives to one of a small number of under-resourced public and private mental health facilities.

But in most centres, there are few or no professional staff who understand how to care for those with mental health conditions.

Chaining of patients is widespread - only the mental health ward at the Hargeisa Group Hospital is currently chain-free - and psychotropic drugs are often unavailable.

A man stands outside the mental health ward of the Hargeisa Group Hospital in the Somaliland capital, which is estimated to host around 65 male and female inpatients. ZOE FLOOD/AL JAZEERA

A female patient reaches out through the bars at the entrance of the Hargeisa Group Hospital's mental health ward. This ward is one of four under-resourced and dilapidated public mental health facilities across Somaliland. In response to demand, expensive and under-regulated private centres are springing up across the capital Hargeisa. ZOE FLOOD/AL JAZEERA

A patient looks out through the bars at the front of the mental health ward at the Hargeisa Group Hospital. Patients are kept locked in the ward, although they are allowed to move freely within the separate male and female sections of the facility. ZOE FLOOD/AL JAZEERA

According to a Human Rights Watch investigation both public and private mental health facilities in Somaliland largely serve as places of confinement, and subject many residents to involuntary treatment and unlawful detention. ZOE FLOOD/AL JAZEERA

Maryam Hassan Dahir, nurse at the Hargeisa Group Hospital mental health ward, hands out medication to patients. There are two qualified psychiatric doctors in Somaliland for an estimated population of 3.5 million. ZOE FLOOD/AL JAZEERA

The male section of the mental health ward previously used chains to restrain patients for long periods of time, but is currently chain-free. ZOE FLOOD/AL JAZEERA

While the Hargeisa facility does run some activities for the patients, most spend their time almost completely inactive. ZOE FLOOD/AL JAZEERA

While there are some female patients at this public facility, most of the privately run centres only house men. ZOE FLOOD/AL JAZEERA

This man, who asked not to be named but usually lives in the Netherlands, was on a long visit to Somaliland when relatives placed him at the privately run Raywan centre in Hargeisa two months earlier. He could not clearly identify his condition. ZOE FLOOD/AL JAZEERA

Human Rights Watch found that most people with psychosocial disabilities have been placed in institutions against their will.

Manafesto

VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
You clearly dont have a clue about what your talking about but your anti-Isaaq hatred is duly noted you .
Oh yeah I am supposed to love the fuckers that the enemy was using against Somalia for over a century.
Idoor hase always been a foreign puppet and will always be gonna be the traitors, as far as I know no one likes backsatabbers.:nahgirl:

Cumar

VIP
Oh yeah I am supposed to love the fuckers that the enemy was using against Somalia for over a century.
Idoor hase always been a foreign puppet and will always be gonna be the traitors, as far as I know no one likes backsatabbers.:nahgirl:

Lol, why do you want to share a country with people you supposedly hate so much?

Manafesto

VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Lol, why do you want to share a country with people you supposedly hate so much?
I don't hate Isaq bro just Isaq politicians, who are living out of you guys expenses in lavish life and leaving you guys in dusty villages and a hope of recognition, 28 years of hope means it is not happening.
Don't take internet bashing seriously, My son is half HY.

Last edited:

Huncho

Blac Youngsta's brother
I didnt ask for a reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts