According to U.N, Somaliland is far less populous than Puntland. Hargeisa is smaller than Bosaso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huncho

Blac Youngsta's brother
Your source (the photo) says there is a Bah Kablalah in Jibril Abokor? :gaasdrink::farmajoyaab:

Genuinely surprising to me. I'm guessing the Female ancestor of those subclans was likely Geri Kombe due to proximity. We border them in Ethiopia so I guess it makes sense.
Bartire and the Jibriil Abokor sub clans of reer Yoonis indeed border each other historically

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-04-17-15-26-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-04-17-15-26-17.jpg
    704.8 KB · Views: 185

World

VIP
SM is far larger than both Dhulos and HJ we live from Jigjiga to Hargeisa (30-40% of it) in dense populated areas.While HJ (East Burco,Sanaag iyo Sool) is a bit bigger than Dhulos.

Dhulos are more at the level of CG or CM :manny:
Lay off the khaat. Only the Habar Yoonis are larger than us according to the British conducted survey. The HJ only live in Ceel Afweyn(smallest district) in Sanaag which they share with HY, and Caynabo(2nd smallest) which they share with Dhulbahante. Burco is also majority HY.

Huncho

Blac Youngsta's brother
Lay off the khaat. Only the Habar Yoonis are larger than us according to the British conducted survey.
You live in the eastern side of empty sool.If anyone here is on qaat is clearly the Dhulo who thinks he has the population similar to the second largest Isaaq clan whose cities and villages completely outnumber your one town of lascanood and tiny dusty villages like Taleex iyo Buhoodle.

How can you compare with SM who outnumber you in both Ethiopia and SL

World

VIP
You live in the eastern side of empty sool.If anyone here is on qaat is clearly the Dhulo who thinks he has the population similar to the second largest Isaaq clan whose cities and villages completely outnumber your one town of lascanood and tiny dusty villages like Taleex iyo Buhoodle.

How can you compare with SM who outnumber you in both Ethiopia and SL
Look how small and insignificant Dhulbahante are in Ethiopia. :(

upload_2018-4-17_20-55-46.png

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
@Manafesto @IslamIsTheAnswer

http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/pr...bank-gdp-and-poverty-estimates-for-somaliland

"GDP based on a 4 million population estimate, if a population estimate of 3.5 million is used instead the total GDP and per capita figures would be about 5% lower."

So there you have it. The World Bank Report on GDP-per capita uses 4 million as its population estimate for Somaliland and with a secondary, more conservative estimate of 3.5 million as well.

So all these claims that Somaliland is not even 2 million go out the window since the findings of Somaliland having a lower GDP-per capita than Puntland necessarily implies it must a higher population since taxation and Government revenues are higher in Somaliland.

maxresdefault.jpg

According to the khat chewers, this ramshackle village of one-story sheet metal tenements has a population that rivals world class cities.

This is what khat does to the mind! LOOOL!!!

@Manafesto

http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/pr...bank-gdp-and-poverty-estimates-for-somaliland

"GDP based on a 4 million population estimate, if a population estimate of 3.5 million is used instead the total GDP and per capita figures would be about 5% lower."

So there you have it. The World Bank Report on GDP-per capita uses 4 million as its population estimate for Somaliland and with a secondary, more conservative estimate of 3.5 million as well.

So all these claims that Somaliland is not even 2 million go out the window if you all buy this report.

It's not the job of the World Bank to estimate population. It's the job of the UN Population department, and they said you are less populous than Puntland.

What is the job of the World Bank is to comment on the economy and overall economic well-being, and the recent World Bank report said that Somaliland is doing worse than Puntland on all major economic indicators.

I know this will make you mad, khat chewer, but it's the facts. wa billahi tawfiq

Cumar

VIP
It's not the job of the World Bank to estimate population. It's the job of the UN Population department, and they said you are less populous than Puntland.

What is the job of the World Bank is to comment on the economy and overall economic well-being, and the recent World Bank report said that Somaliland is doing worse than Puntland on all major economic indicators.

I know this will make you mad, khat chewer, but it's the facts. wa billahi tawfiq

Go back and re-read what I wrote. I never once said that the World Bank estimates population, I said it estimates GDP per capita, but it obviously needs sound estimates of national population from the UN to do that.

If the estimate of 3.5 - 4 million for Somaliland is good enough for Senior Economists at the World Bank to conduct their work on calculating GDP estimates, than that is as authoritative source as any.

Remember, this is the same report that found Somaliland has a lower GDP per capita than Puntland. You'll hear no argument from me there. But that is a separate beast than the one we are discussing now.

To be perfectly clear:

Your argument is asinine to put it bluntly. What you are essentially suggesting is that Somaliland simultaneously has both a lower population and lower GDP per capita than Puntland based on the World Bank and UN data shown above. You most definitely failed your introductory Economics and Statistics classes if you truly believe the above statement. :pachah1:

Last edited:

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
maxresdefault.jpg

According to the khat chewers, this ramshackle village of one-story sheet metal tenements has a population that rivals world class cities.

This is what khat does to the mind! LOOOL!!!

Isaq Addict : Hey bro they are arguing Atlanta being bigger city than Burco on Sspot, is it true since you been both?

Another Isaq Addict: Are not on khat? How could you compare Burco to small city such as Atlanta.:drakelaugh::russ::chrisfreshhah::pachah1:

Go back and re-read what I wrote. I never once said that the World Bank estimates population, I said it estimates GDP per capita, but it obviously needs sound estimates of national population from the UN to do that.

If the estimate of 3.5 - 4 million for Somaliland is good enough for Senior Economists at the World Bank to conduct their work on calculating GDP estimates, than that is as authoritative source as any.

Remember, this is the same report that found Somaliland has a lower GDP per capita than Puntland. You'll hear no argument from me there. But that is a separate beast than the one we are discussing now.

To be perfectly clear:

Your argument is asinine to put it bluntly. What you are essentially suggesting is that Somaliland simultaneously has both a lower population and lower GDP per capita than Puntland based on the World Bank and UN data shown above. You most definitely failed your introductory Economics and Statistics classes if you truly believe the above statement. :pachah1:

Determining population is not a competency of the World Bank. They appear to be drawing their population figures from what has been declared by the Somaliland government (which typically claims its population to be 3.5-4 million).

As my original post showed, the Somaliland government has been hostile to impartial third party attempts by the UN to determine the population of the territory after initial results showed that your population was vastly smaller than previously thought, smaller even than that of Puntland.

I think determining the population is of major and primary importance. And even with your lower population, I still think you are overall poorer than Puntland. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Anybody who has been to both Puntland and Somaliland will testify that Somaliland looks much poorer than the former.

Also, the biggest economic issue in Somaliland is the fact that you are essentially a kleptocracy where a narrow elite captures the vast bulk of the territory's economic output in exchange for peace. This is one of the main arguments that my original source put forward. Khat chewers are thoroughly exploited by their elites. Go and do something about that

Let's look at the reality these shoe cleaning jebertis want to hide , remind you Hargeisa was bombed to the ground in 1988 when you look at these

Jeberti Puntland "Capital" Garowe

nI2LjjQ.jpg

:mjlol: just a sea of recycle bins

Hargeisa :

image2666.jpg

AFP-Hargeisa-2-e1513942673311.jpg

There's more people in that little square than in Puntland :mjlol:

220px-Somalia_%28Somaliland%29%28023%29.jpg

16-12-8-w720-o.jpg

DYsDWBqW4AMvr8k.jpg

hargeisa-city-panaroma.jpg

C9Zr6KeXoAATtwN.jpg

Let's not even move onto other punani cities unless you want to see recycle bin tuulo and coastline pictures

Lancer

השבח לאל
The Dhabyacos have resorted to FKD with an American city after their lies were busted. This is the second thread OP made that backfired on him. Man comes here everyday to get humiliated.

giphy.gif

Cumar

VIP
Determining population is not a competency of the World Bank. They appear to be drawing their population figures from what has been declared by the Somaliland government (which typically claims its population to be 3.5-4 million).

As my original post showed, the Somaliland government has been hostile to impartial third party attempts by the UN to determine the population of the territory after initial results showed that your population was vastly smaller than previously thought, smaller even than that of Puntland.

I think determining the population is of major and primary importance. And even with your lower population, I still think you are overall poorer than Puntland. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Anybody who has been to both Puntland and Somaliland will testify that Somaliland looks much poorer than the former.

Also, the biggest economic issue in Somaliland is the fact that you are essentially a kleptocracy where a narrow elite captures the vast bulk of the territory's economic output in exchange for peace. This is one of the main arguments that my original source put forward. Khat chewers are thoroughly exploited by their elites. Go and do something about that

Firstly, The World Bank is a reputable organization, they wouldn't have used Somaliland's population estimates if they weren't confident in them as source data to generate their GDP per capita estimates.

For the bolded claim above, I say to you hearsay is not evidence or proof of anything. You need solid statistical proof for this type of claim. Kulaha someone said "Somaliland looks pooer than Puntland".:cryinglaughsmiley:

You've made up your conclusion in advance of any facts to prove this statement one way or the other. Simply saying this and repeating it wont make it true.

Last edited:

Huncho

Blac Youngsta's brother
I went to masalaxa (CG area) today on a mountain where you could see all of Hargeisa.The city is fucking massive and there is not a single Jeberti shoethief city thay could rival it.

This thread was made out of pure jealousy from these homeless folk whos largest deegan to date is Dadaab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts