200k Somalis died during the dervish wars

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
It's shocking when you read the sources how they kissed up the the British nacala langaabta they were like servants to them, no wonder they are so odd liars always spreading propaganda
Didn’t these niggas claim to be from Iraq? I’d tell them to go back to Baghdad, but they’d be hanged for treason. Iraq sending their langaabest.

:mjpls:
IMG_0680.jpeg

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
Most Somalis died at that time due to inter-tribal wars as the region turned into war zones The British didn't kill people why would they even care about you? The Somalis didn't pose any threat to them
Just look at the number tab 😂
20230904_135058.jpg

As for the dervishes, they were probably just extremist Sufis who killed nomads and stole their livestock
Read this letter that the Dervishes sent to the British and you will know that they attacked all the tribes
FB_IMG_1692618734447.jpg

Bimal down 100000 points in my book
:mjlol:
Lol. Don't be too harsh. Somali colonial history is complicated like most African nations.
The great Sheik Hassan Barsane was also concerned about losing his slaves. The Biimal resistance to their credit stopped the Italians from entering the interior. Their defeat paved the way for the colonisers to enter the hinterlands.

Somali Saayid

There is no surrender, We Win or We Die.
VIP
It's my belief Bimaal and other Dir (Surre) were the largest clans in the South and current day DDS before European intervention, their numbers were decimated by the Oromo expansion and further declined when Hawiye joined the Colonial powers against them, amazing how a landheer clan became langaab like that.
Bimal maybe but the other one was always langaab.

It is true that the Sayyid fought against certain DH subs that opposed him, but to say that all the deaths were because of that is completely false. Most of the deaths were due to British operations or raids by pro-British clans. There's no need to defend your British masters sxb, their reputation has been tarnished enough.
Sxb I'm not defending anyone it's just facts that Darawiish wars has affected the Dhulbahante nomads greatly than any other Qabil with many families flocking to Burco and Hargeisa seeking refugee from the wars happening in their lands you probably don't know this that the son in law of Siyad Barre Ina Daffle family were refugees from Buhoodle that settled in Burco among the Ciise Muuse clans.

Absame lost Hargeisa to the Idoors backed by the British, it's a tactic they employed against Darood in the North, I have no doubt in my mind that DH will be making some amends, InSha'Allah.
historical revisionism stick to attacking hawiyes buddy hargeisa was founded less than 2 centuries ago and its documented who were the first to settle there. go back to calacaaling about the karbaash you faced in the 90s from USC

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts