200k Somalis died during the dervish wars

Check this map which is relevant to this thread.

Colonizability map of Africa 1912. Most of Somaliwayn was in the yellow category except for certain clans land which is in the grey category from the coast all the way into their interior.
Colonizable_Africa_1912.jpg

Ibn mujahid was karanle hawiye. Us karanle never gave our power to foreigners. We were the head of Harar till Menelik invaded it in 20th century .

Weren't Hararis (as we know today) the ruler of Harar when Menelik invaded in 19th century? Was the last Emir Abdullahi Karanle?

Unless I'm wrong, the Daud Harari family ruled Harar (sultanate) for a couple of centuries prior its collapse and annexation by Ethiopia. I'm curious, were Karanle rulers of the Harar sultanate?

Last edited:

Abaq

VIP
I wouldn't believe those stuff without oral traditions of the people themselves
Majeerteens have oral tradition of the sayid army raiding them once
Isaaq have them too
The British might have simply be Making an anti sayid propaganda so his biggest supporters go against him
Allahu a'lam tho View attachment 291491 remember that the sayidka biggest opps were the brits
They even named him Mad Mullah them making up bs wouldn't be unbelievable
What are you on? There is a reason Reer Hagar hated the Sayid. Same with Cali Dhuux

attash

Amaan Duule
They all died because of Sayid Maxamed Cabdullaahi Xasan fierce brutal military campaign in Nugaal Valley and in the Hawd
It is true that the Sayyid fought against certain DH subs that opposed him, but to say that all the deaths were because of that is completely false. Most of the deaths were due to British operations or raids by pro-British clans. There's no need to defend your British masters sxb, their reputation has been tarnished enough.

Abaq

VIP
Bahgeri and makahiil lost the most as they were right close to the hawd where most of the action took place. Bahgeri anline lost 1k men just in one day when their village was surprised by a British and Ethiopian mixed troops. Also the reer isaaq of mz was dealing with xabashi and british but they were ahead of the british in intelligence they could regroup and attack the enemy from behind.
The only reason we were able to make a come back against the british and drive out their dabadhilifs was because of the vast back up lands we had. Clans like mz bahgeri and makahiil were able to go into Cawlyahan lands to regroup and get some wealth to fiancé the new campaign (camels) because there was no xabashi or other colonials in those lands.
Yep. The camels Suldan Duulane Rafle get from the Cawlyahan were what helped him to recapture Doollo and buy weapons

Somalis dividing themselves is why we lost but tbh we were going to lose bc we Muslims and didn't produce guns unlike the aidtopians were getting supplied by French and British against Italiens
We never had a geeljire khan to unite us prior to the colonial era, mainly I think because our population back then was quite small and the land quite large it would be too difficult hold it all together.

Weren't Hararis (as we know today) the ruler of Harar when Menelik invaded in 19th century? Was the last Emir Abdullahi Karanle?

Unless I'm wrong, the Daud Harari family ruled Harar (sultanate) for a couple of centuries prior its collapse and annexation by Ethiopia. I'm curious, were Karanle rulers of the Harar sultanate?
The harar emirate and awsa imamate lost karanle influence in the 18th century thanks to the ottomans, who propped up Afars and Hararis. But the defence perimiters of Harar was in Karanle country. There is a mention in sources of Menelik defeating a Karanle army on Christmas day and it was celebrated in Addis Ababa. Lij Yasu also conspired with us to defend Harar.

Harar Emirate even had a Habeshi slave rule it once. Check the dynasty of rulers.

Amiir Abdullahi went to baabile after his defeat to seek refuge. Abdullah went to find support from the Karanle and didn’t go anywhere else. Garaad abdi Cumar who mustered an army of Karanle at haraam ale and went on to face the 15000 Amhara soldiers single handily. The Italians were even mesmerised by this incident and recorded it 🤣

World

VIP
Yh the Dervish war affected Dhulos the most as we fought the most against colonial rule. We were the only clan in British SL to not sign any protectorates or treaties at all.

Even as far as Beledweyne, the Dhulbahante were fighting against the Italians and we built forts there.

Southern somalis partook in campaing of the sultanates

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230904-021313_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230904-021313_Chrome.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 59
Amiir Abdullahi went to baabile after his defeat to seek refuge. Abdullah went to find support from the Karanle and didn’t go anywhere else. Garaad abdi Cumar who mustered an army of Karanle at haraam ale and went on to face the 15000 Amhara soldiers single handily. The Italians were even mesmerised by this incident and recorded it 🤣

Interesting. But are you sure about the bolded part? I read that the Emir sought refuge amongst GK.

------------------------.png

The English translation from 'le bosphore egyptien' 1887

to this day i think Allah is testing us. there was a good oportunity for history to favor us and make the sayyid a somali gengis who unified the tribes but he became a tyrant and a hero at the same time, really lost chance.... Even kenadid literaly anyone could have been the somali unifier either through diplomacy or through military accumen there was no need to kill other somalis during colonialism.

The British ran away to Berbera and dumped weaponry into Somali clans so they would fight each other. It is called the “time of eating filth” in Somali.

Last edited:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Absame lost Hargeisa to the Idoors backed by the British, it's a tactic they employed against Darood in the North, I have no doubt in my mind that DH will be making some amends, InSha'Allah.
Is that why there are so many of my relatives in that city? I got cousins that wear the blue flag on one wrist and nothing else protecting them but the ogaden flag on the other wrist.
:mjpls:

Trending