Young Xalimos of SSpot let’s spread positivity!

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
These are prompts directed towards all teen or twenty something xalimos here

1) What are your hopes for life in the next 3-5 years? What diaspora are you in?

2)do you see yourself marrying a Somali Man? Yes or no, no judgement

3) based on how your parents raised you, would you raise your daughters the same way? If not, how would you raise your daughters in accordance with your beliefs and religion

4) best part of being a Somali woman?

don’t gotta answer all!

1) What are your hopes for life in the next 3-5 years? What diaspora are you in?

3) based on how your parents raised you, would you raise your daughters the same way? If not, how would you raise your daughters in accordance with your beliefs and religion

don’t gotta answer all!

1) finish my degree and get a job where I work as an intern, and go for umrah
2) yes faarax gang all day preferably an assimilated fob or older guy
3) i'd raise my daughters same way my parents raised me just maybe communicate more
4) best part about being a somali woman is being born cute it has a lot of perks :trumpsmirk:

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
1) finish my degree and get a job where I work as an intern, and go for umrah
2) yes faarax gang all day preferably an assimilated fob or older guy
3) i'd raise my daughters same way my parents raised me just maybe communicate more
4) best part about being a somali woman is being born cute it has a lot of perks :trumpsmirk:
Awesome!
Interesting. I see the majority of xalimos dont have the greatest the western faraaxs their own age. Why is that?

Do you think they are immature or is education a big deal?

Awesome!
Interesting. I see the majority of xalimos dont have the greatest the western faraaxs their own age. Why is that?

Do you think they are immature or is education a big deal?
immaturity 100% and they don't have their shit together. 5-10 years my senior is my preference.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
immaturity 100% and they don't have their shit together. 5-10 years my senior is my preference.
Hmmmm, what happens to the younger ones who have jobs and their shit together?
Or are you generally attracted to elder ones who got the rowdiness out of their system

Hmmmm, what happens to the younger ones who have jobs and their shit together?
Or are you generally attracted to elder ones who got the rowdiness out of their system
i would be cool with that too but it's rare. faaraxs usually have all the rowdiness out of their system by late 20s to 30

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
i would be cool with that too but it's rare. faaraxs usually have all the rowdiness out of their system by late 20s to 30
This is what worries me ngl :damn:

I feel like I had a decent upbringing and am about to snag a good job. But I fear most xalimos won’t think long term w me because of the rep of immaturity we faraaxs have

but at the end of the day it’s in gods hands

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
Become a fgm advocate

Married a Bosnik

Similar parenting style but less strict and more communication so we can build trust. Teach my children the Quran when they are 3 years old,( didn't get a chance when I was young ).

Best thing about being a somali women? Majority of us are born with big butts and juicy lips.

don’t gotta answer all!

2. Yes.

3. Cannot wait to have daughters insha'Allah! I'm more "alpha" and no nonsense in rl, so I would teach my daughters to be strong, assertive and bada**. I would be more involved with my children, and have one-on-one time with each of my girls. Spa dates, solo trips to the museum, etc. Really bond and get to know them. Each child is unique, and I want to foster and nurture their strengths so that they can be upstanding women and productive members of society insha'Allah. Teach them Quran and Arabic from a young age. Travel with them at a young age as well. Basically, my approach to parenting would be this: authoritative, yet laid-back.

4. Everything. We truly are the best. We are beautiful, strong, yet feminine. We are graceful, we are elegant (look at our height!), we are queens through and through. The best wallahi.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Become a fgm advocate

Married a Bosnik

Similar parenting style but less strict and more communication so we can build trust. Teach my children the Quran when they are 3 years old,( didn't get a chance when I was young ).

Interesting, the bosnian women I’ve met have all been extremely attractive

Inshallah you receive what you desire

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
2. Yes.

3. Cannot wait to have daughters insha'Allah! I'm more "alpha" and no nonsense in rl, so I would teach my daughters to be strong, assertive and bada**. I would be more involved with my children, and have one-on-one time with each of my girls. Spa dates, solo trips to the museum, etc. Really bond and get to know them. Each child is unique, and I want to foster and nurture their strengths so that they can be upstanding women and productive members of society insha'Allah. Teach them Quran and Arabic from a young age. Travel with them at a young age as well. Basically, my approach to parenting would be this: authoritative, yet laid-back.

4. Everything. We truly are the best. We are beautiful, strong, yet feminine. We are graceful, we are elegant (look at our heights), we are queens through and through. The best wallahi.
Authoritative and laid back is my mother to a T
And I think I ended up okay ...(I hope)
What would your approach to sons be?

This is what worries me ngl :damn:

I feel like I had a decent upbringing and am about to snag a good job. But I fear most xalimos won’t think long term w me because of the rep of immaturity we faraaxs have

but at the end of the day it’s in gods hands
mashallah keep grinding and a lot of women want to get married quick so youre good regardless :chrisfreshhah: just focus on your school and money and a good girl will come after. how old are you btw

Authoritative and laid back is my mother to a T
And I think I ended up okay ...(I hope)
What would your approach to sons be?

Tell me more walaal, I'd love to hear how she was (is?).

Marrying a strong, reliable, stable, family oriented man who is committed to being a father and husband. But seriously, I would say that I would be firm, consistent and also give them that one-on-one bonding time. Teach them responsibility at a young age and really nip bad habits in the bud. I don't think I'd raise boys any differently than girls, it really depends on their personalities. Some children are tough, some are easy going. I'd parent based on that.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP

Marrying a strong, reliable, stable, family oriented man who is committed to being a father and husband. But seriously, I would say that I would be firm, consistent and also give them that one-on-one bonding time. Teach them responsibility at a young age and really nip bad habits in the bud. I don't think I'd raise boys any differently than girls, it really depends on their personalities. Some children are tough, some are easy going. I'd parent based on that.
My dad was really easy going for the most part, but still authoritative
My mom was no nonsense. If I messed up she’d point out how I messed up why I shouldn’t and how to fix it.

to this day she accepts no excuses for me
this made me not mess up as much lol. She was very involved in my academics which kept me good and made sure to teach me about this life and the next one in teaching me kutab but no just memorizing
I’d understand the meaning as well.

She did an excellent job with me and she deserves some sort of mom of the year cup lol

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP

I hope to be a strong father like mine. I don’t want too be so harsh that my kids don’t want to come to me with things though

More than anything I want to have a relationship with my kids in that they want to talk to me and check on me not just because I’m their father when I’m 60 or 70

My dad was really easy going for the most part, but still authoritative
My mom was no nonsense. If I messed up she’d point out how I messed up why I shouldn’t and how to fix it.

to this day she accepts no excuses for me
this made me not mess up as much lol. She was very involved in my academics which kept me good and made sure to teach me about this life and the next one in teaching me kutab but no just memorizing
I’d understand the meaning as well.

She did an excellent job with me and she deserves some sort of mom of the year cup lol

Wonderful, your parents sound lovely masha'Allah. I think parenting is tough when you do it alone, so I understand (not really lool but sometimes) how some moms are just going through the motions and are in survival mode (maybe dealing with mental illness, divorce, unfulfilled dreams) so they're not "present" for their kids. For me, I've reflected and have worked on myself to undo alot of behaviours that I've internalized from my own upbringing, and I think about what I would like to teach my kids, and what I don't. Definitely want to raise children in a healthy environment where there is lots of love in the household and where my children know without a doubt that they are loved and wanted. Children are an amanah - a gift and they have rights over their parents, just like how parents have rights over their children.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Wonderful, your parents sound lovely masha'Allah. I think parenting is tough when you do it alone, so I understand (not really lool but sometimes) how some moms are just going through the motions and are in survival mode (maybe dealing with mental illness, divorce, unfulfilled dreams) so they're not "present" for their kids. For me, I've reflected and have worked on myself to undo alot of behaviours that I've internalized from my own upbringing, and I think about what I would like to teach my kids, and what I won't. Definitely want to raise children in a healthy environment where there is lots of love in the household and where my children know without a doubt that they are loved and wanted. Children are an amanah - a gift and they have rights over their parents, just like how parents have rights over us.
I agree with this.

single parent households are tough because one person is carrying the load mean for two. Which is why I have the highest respect for single mothers/fathers.

for sure parents can’t catch small but important patterns when do busy just trying to provide