Young Somalis need to stop appropriating Asian culture!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keo

VIP
They are even learning Japanese and Korean now too. That's what Japanese animation and Hallyu wave does. Imagine something your country created had such a influence on these people as much as anime, manga and kpop does that they are now investing their time into learning about your culture and language? I would be flattered. Of course the weeaboos and koreaboos tend to be extreme, but I have nothing against the casual people that enjoy these stuff.

Last edited:

Keo

VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is an epidemic wallahi.:farmajoyaab:
Even two of my siblings are into it. They have been into it since 2010. The first influx of international fans to kpop happened in 2009 (SNSD - Gee), the second one happened in 2012 (PSY - Gangnam Style) and the third one in 2016 (BTS). Don't ask me how I know these stuff. Unfortunately, since some of my siblings are into it, I too have been sucked into this.

Last edited:

Yuna09

don’t get pressed, u cuck
Even two of my siblings are into it. They have been into it since 2010. The first influx of international fans to kpop happened in 2009 (SNSD - Gee), the second one happened in 2012 (PSY - Gangnam Style) and the third one in 2016 (BTS). Don't ask me how I know these stuff. Unfortunately, since some of my siblings are into it, I too have been sucked into this.
Ew. Put your siblings onto English Jrock if they’re willing. ONE OK ROCK is an excellent selection.

Liking Korean music is too much because it’s rarely in English, and listening to it more than you interact with your own culture is a big L.

Keo

VIP
Ew. Put your siblings onto English Jrock if they’re willing. ONE OK ROCK is an excellent selection.

Liking Korean music is too much because it’s rarely in English, and listening to it more than you interact with your own culture is a big L.
Before the kpop it was jpop, jrock and anime. After they discovered kpop, they stopped them for good. lol

Yooooo I know a girl who had an Instagram caption: “Somali by blood, Korean by heart :it0tdo8:

:damn::damn::damn::damn::damn:
:jcoleno:audubillah this is toooo muchhhh

Idk how to break it to the xaliimos that thinks theyll marry korean boys that kims dont like black chicks. They are repulsed by them and see them as adoons:chrisfreshhah:. Theyd never bring a black girl home thats the biggest L to them. Theyre just making money off you guys :pachah1: Im just not sure how to break it to these girls. :mjlol:

Since 2010 kullaha......:damedamn: thats too much

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
Why are you guys acting like this is a new phenomenon?? Asian music, drama & animation/manga have been a thing for a while now. I think the K-drama "Winter Sonata" from early 00s, was the one that popularized the Korean wave.

J-entertainment used to be very huge in the 90s to late 00s, but it died down thanks to the stingy Japanese. I used to know a lot of Somalis who were into Visual-kei lol

Kpop didn't kick off until DBSK/TVXQ(a boy group) took over all Asian music industries. They had the biggest impact in Japan, and even now 14 years later, they are still the "it" boyband. For those who are trashing Kpop and saying at least muh anime is better...Lol be careful, some kpop could be singing your fave anime's theme song.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I personally got into kpop 2007-ish. Unfortunately, I immediately lost interest thanks to horny fangirls who like to sexualize everything. Shippers:vqbuyv0:

Anime-only fans are the worst, though. That fandom attracts people with the lowest IQ. They seem to have all sorts of mental issues too. Manga-only fans are a tad bit better, and they usually resemble "normal" people the most.

Also, just because you're into Asian entertainment it doesn't mean you're appropriating their culture. Young somalis are more likely to to appropriate the hephap culture than the Asian pop culture. Just saying.

Anyhow, all fandoms be they into kpop, drama, anime, gaming, football, and so forth, are all toxic as hell. Period.

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP
My Xalimo neighbor is into Asian men. I don’t know what she sees in these feminine looking small d having men, maybe she is a lesbian :hmm:

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Says the person with a Korean kpop girls group name:umwhat:
Screenshot_2018-05-27-18-34-27.png
it's a healthy obsession

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending