You know you are Somali when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warsame Ali

[ S. N . F ]
My dad was woke he went for 02/02 kkkk

At least your father is better. But I understand why most of people do that because they can't repeat lie but they can remember 01/01 cuz is the begining of the year. On the other hand 01/01 stands for immigration interview "unknown date of birth". lol

NotAjnabi

Somalilander
Lets us re-update this classic "You know you are Somali ", I remember back then when it was funny,entertaining and quite informational about Somali culture in a comic way and also to know how Somali you are still.

I used to think my family were very weird eating banana with everything.

:siilaanyosmile:

Sspot kings and queens, Please contribute and no Somali demeaning once please.

1. You know you are Somali when you have cousins in all the major continents.

2.You know you are Somali when you believe no one is superior than you.

3.You know you are Somali when you go to a Somali shop and walk out with groceries on a loan.

4.You know you are Somali when your parents only kiss and hug you only when a family member dies.

5.You know you are Somali when your family talks about marrying you off to your distance cousin before you even start crawling.

6.You know you are Somali when your parents play good cop bad cop and fight over who will whoop your ass.
"5.You know you are Somali when your family talks about marrying you off to your distance cousin before you even start crawling."

We're not desi, only salafis do this.

Mali Mo

I still dont give a f*ck
When this thing just sits in your kitchen never used, not even once.
download (3).jpg

You know you are somali when your parents try acting like cadaans by reading you a bedtime story. But the only story they know besides Cumar Beenaale, is Dhegdheer. So you end up not sleeping at night out of fear of being eaten..
:kendrickcry:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

mashallah

You guys have somali folklore books easily available in Mn?

SumMo

very lowkey
mashallah

You guys have somali folklore books easily available in Mn?
We have some books, yes.

It’s not easy to access them, but my parents used to have them growing up. Idk where they got them from.. And some stories they would memorize and later tell us.

Dhegdheer is by far the scariest of them, and my aabo would read it to us everyday before bedtime. He would sometimes even sing along to the story and recreate certain scenes from the story. It scared us so much, we wouldn’t even sleep.
:kendrickcry:

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
You know your Somali when you are eating in A public establishment and don't even realize you put banana in your rice.

Wallahi a few times my friends looked at me like a extra terrestrial alien a few times when I did this

NotAjnabi

Somalilander
You know when your Somali when you are eating in. A public establishment and don't even realize you put banana in your rice.

Wallahi a few times my friends looked at me like a extra terrestrial alien a few times when I did this
People try to roast me for the banana but I keep it going sxb, respect for keeping the moos.

I don’t like that stereotype, sorry.

It’s not fair on those of us with hard working hooyos..
:tacky:
Are you trying to say my mother is not hardworking? My mother would never do that and has been working hard ever since she came to this country, and has had a full-time job for more than a decade here and learned other languages from different countries before she came.. Either way, all mothers are hardworking regardless of their occupation.

SumMo

very lowkey
Are you trying to say my mother is not hardworking? My mother would never do that and has been working hard ever since she came to this country, and has had a full-time job for more than a decade here and learned other languages from different countries before she came.. Either way, all mothers are hardworking regardless of their occupation.
I never said that.. I apologize if thats what you heard.
:browtf:

If your mother is a hardworking mom as well, then you shouldn’t make those stereotypes. It affects them in the long run. And it makes their efforts seem like nothing..

God bless our hardwoking hooyos.:it0tdo8: amiin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending