You know you are Somali when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said that.. I apologize if thats what you heard.
:browtf:

If your mother is a hardworking mom as well, then you shouldn’t make those stereotypes. It affects them in the long run. And it makes their efforts seem like nothing..
It doesn't affect you if you don't let those dumb stereotypes get under your skin. I know a few Somali women who have done this in the past because my mother told me a few stories and thought it'd be funny to mention it.

We have some books, yes.

It’s not easy to access them, but my parents used to have them growing up. Idk where they got them from.. And some stories they would memorize and later tell us.

Dhegdheer is by far the scariest of them, and my aabo would read it to us everyday before bedtime. He would sometimes even sing along to the story and recreate certain scenes from the story. It scared us so much, we wouldn’t even sleep.
:kendrickcry:

For all the negativity dished out on this forum.
People often forget (or willfully ignore) the many positives at their disposal.

Malls
Masjid (more than a few that cater to specific issues)
Huge social gatherings
Political representation
Local businesses

& much more.

Many communities recent or established DON'T have this.

I'm convinced 76% of sspoters here have low functioning autism.

Atleast you were read to:kendrickcry:

SumMo

very lowkey
You know you are somali when everytime you mess up, your parents start threatening you with a one-way ticket to Somalia..

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
You know you are very Somali when you feel very comfortable to sleep in Macaws or Dirac.

You know you are Somali when your house smell of Uunsi.:kanyehmm:

You know your somali when.....
you're watching something with your family and a kissing/intimate scene comes on and everyone quickly turns away so awkwardly.... or covers their eyes.....:deadmanny:

Subeer

Men are asleep but at death they will awake!
You know you're somali if your hooyo made you rooti iyo shaah like that was a weird combo, but damn everytime i eat it it feels so nostalgic:it0tdo8:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
You know you are Somali when none of your grandparents or parents know of their real birthdates, only the year.

You know you are Somali when
Tim-Hortons-Free-Coffee-Visa-Members-.jpg
is all you drink.

You know your somali when you were younger..and you'd have guess over..and you were misbehaving and then mother dear would give you the look (waa inoo hadhow ee i sug-look)..you'd soon start acting right...:russ:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Lets us re-update this classic "You know you are Somali ", I remember back then when it was funny,entertaining and quite informational about Somali culture in a comic way and also to know how Somali you are still.

I used to think my family were very weird eating banana with everything.

:siilaanyosmile:

Sspot kings and queens, Please contribute and no Somali demeaning once please.

1. You know you are Somali when you have cousins in all the major continents.

2.You know you are Somali when you believe no one is superior than you.

3.You know you are Somali when you go to a Somali shop and walk out with groceries on a loan.

4.You know you are Somali when your parents only kiss and hug you only when a family member dies.

5.You know you are Somali when your family talks about marrying you off to your distance cousin before you even start crawling.

6.You know you are Somali when your parents play good cop bad cop and fight over who will whoop your ass.

u know u r somali when u spot another somali in the west street and u yell ....Somali ma tahay abaay/waryaa

Thugnificent

Father, lover, scholar, landheer
You know you’re Somali when you know that marti are coming when your hooyo lights up the fancy white uunsi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending