Xamar was established by nomads

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
Banu Qahtaan were the first tribes of Mogadishu. This is well documented. You just don't have the intellectual capacity to analyze historical sources with a critical eye. Read all those sources. You are running around in circles like a lunatic.
The ancestors of the old Arab tribes had migrated from as early as the 2nd Hijri century to the 7th Hijri century.

Xamar comes from the word Himyar. Arabs controlled the coastal region of Azania, which stretched from Mogadishu all the way to Rhapta. Azania included Mogadishu, Marka, and Barawa and was subject to Amir Sharahbil Ya’fir ibn As’ad Abu Karib. Amir Sharahbil was the king of Yemen and ruled between 418 and 433. Himyar inscriptions were discovered in Xamar. Various waves of Arab migration took place from the antiquity period until the spread of Islam along the Indian Ocean trade. You are coping after being intellectually humailted.
Then show us the proof 💀

hanif#

Somalo-Arab
It's not a source but a legendary myth like do you actually believe that Hamarweyne was built by a man who found red blooded gold in the skin of the camel ???
It's a legit source and the story is true as far as I am concerned. How can you differentiate myths from facts? How did you come to the conclusion that this story is a myth and not true? Were you present when Mogadishu was being founded to decide this story is a myth or do you have a better source detailing the story of the foundation of Mogadishu?

Here we go again. Ibn Batutta, who visited the city himself said that the ruler of Mogadishu was a Berberah who spoke a non-Arabic tongue, of the same stock as the people of Zeila. In his description of Zeila, he says that it is a "town of the Berberah, who are a negro people. Their land is a desert extending for two months' journey from Zayla to Maqdashaw." In case there is any doubt who the Berberah are, there is only one dark-skinned ethnic group that inhabits the lands between Zeila and Mogadishu, and it definitely isn't the Arabs.

This is a DIRECT eye-witness account saying that Mogadishu was ruled by non-Arabs. Meanwhile, there is NOT A SINLGE primary, first hand, eye-witness account saying that Mogadishu was EVER ruled by Arabs, NOT ONE. The census collected by the Italians, show that Gibil-madow tribes outnumber Gibil-cad Benadiris, and that cadcads only formed 20% of Mogadishu's population in the colonial period.

But let me guess, I "failed to read these sources with a critical eye" :drakelaugh: Tell me the mistakes I made when I read these sources. Does "negro Berberah" actually mean "blonde Arab" in this context? Does what Ibn Battuta says contradict the "consensus of historians", thus making him incorrect. Give me the bullshit reason you cannot accept this unmistakeabley clear evidence I provided you. :mjlol:

View attachment 306783
We don't need eye-witness accounts when our history has already been documented and preserved through manuscripts, the dynasties that ruled Muqdisho are known such as Fakhruddin Al Qassani, Hulwaani, Zuuzaani, Shirazi and Muzaffar. No mention of samaale by Ibn Batutta, you've got no form of evidence to prove samaale presence in Muqdisho wether it's through manuscripts, graves , settlements, masjids or foreign accounts.

Italian census just proves that Gibil cad were majority and I already explained that here,

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...amic-burials-in-mogadishu.148549/post-3666502

hanif#

Somalo-Arab
No mention of samaale here, you're only contradicting yourself
They were definitely Somalis which is all that matters and this is attested by the fact they named the place they settled a Somali name(Xamar weyne). This is all I care about. I'm not Samaale & I don't know where they live or when they were born.

يقول شريف عيدروس في كتابه عن تاريخ الصومال
حمروين مركب من كلمتين كلمة عربية، والأخرى لغة أهلا البلاد، وبها عمرت البلاد وسميت بحمروين

ما هي لغة أهل البلاد يا جويهل؟ الا ادا اهل البلاد يتكلمون لغة غير لغتهم هههه مما هو امر طريف

How many times are you going to contradict yourself in the same thread? :pachah1:
Yes, the entire ruiling establishment of Zeila has always been Arab until the 19th century. I already gave you a breakdown of the ethnic composition of Zeila at the time of Ibn Battuta. He was not referring to Somalis. I showed you all the Arab tribes that historically ruled Zeila and Mogadishu.

Why are you still running away? You didn't refute any of my points. Show me proof that Somalis founded Mogadishu and Zeila. Stop running away, hotep.

attash

Amaan Duule
Yes, the entire ruiling establishment of Zeila has always been Arab until the 19th century. I already gave you a breakdown of the ethnic composition of Zeila at the time of Ibn Battuta. He was not referring to Somalis. I showed you all the Arab tribes that historically ruled Zeila and Mogadishu.

Why are you still running away? You didn't refute any of my points. Show me proof that Somalis founded Mogadishu and Zeila. Stop running away, hotep.
Before I refute your points, I need to figure out what point you’re making lmao 😂. First you say that Zeila was an entirely Arab city. Then you say that Zeila was primarily settled by ethio-semites. Which one is it? You said that Zeila was ruled by the Sultan of Ifat, whom you said was an Arab. But the Sultan of Ifat was a part of the Walashma dynasty, which you said was Harla. You also said that the Sultanate of Ifat was led by Ethio-semites. Which one is it??? Which non-Somali group are you crediting with our accomplishments this time?

Watching you trip over yourself to deny Somali history is the most hilarious thing I’ve seen all week. :russ:

They were definitely Somalis which is all that matters and this is attested by the fact they named the place they settled a Somali name(Xamar weyne). This is all I care about. I'm not Samaale & I don't know where they live or when they were born.

يقول شريف عيدروس في كتابه عن تاريخ الصومال
حمروين مركب من كلمتين كلمة عربية، والأخرى لغة أهلا البلاد، وبها عمرت البلاد وسميت بحمروين

ما هي لغة أهل البلاد يا جويهل؟ الا ادا اهل البلاد يتكلمون لغة غير لغتهم هههه مما هو امر طريف

Xamarweyne name came way later on, after Xamar Jajab became destroyed. Historically it was just called Xamar

Latest posts