Xalimo attacked in the comments for her small nose

She posted a self-appreciation tiktok but the people in the comments didn't want to have any of it. What makes me ponder is the fact that no specific group was called out in the tiktok but they came out anyways

According to the comments we can’t like our noses because it’s rooted in white supremacy. These people are honestly nuts.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Originals

Nothing wrong with appreciating your own features, but I'm confused why you would wear light colored contactlenses and put on comically exaggerated lashes, when your entire motto is "you either got it or you don't" :notsureif:

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
Kkkkk that entire comment section is projecting their insecurities, or maybe they are subtlety letting us know how other Africans really think of Somalis ? What do you think @Periplus

If you praise features that Niger-Congo Africans have, they support it, for example; a big booty, big lips, dark skin and so forth. However, the minute you praise a feature they don't have and that they covet, they get triggered and start calling people "featurists", "texturist" and any other "ist" they can find. Liking a certain feature doesn't mean you dislike another feature, this thinking is so bizarre.

Anyway, Somalis should stop drawing attention to their features on spaces that are open to non-Somalis, it draws too much negative attention. Instead, focus on competing where it really matters; education, economics and so forth.

What's a cute nose going to do for you in this world or the next?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Trust me being vain isn't a good look on anyone. The key to beauty is to not fixate on it too much, be gracious and realize all things are temporary so develop a winning personality. Plus, it can be snatched away from you. Just say Alx. One nose injury and its kalas. Baby hairs can fall out. Fat behinds don't take kindly to age. And lips can become even toned.

Trust me being vain isn't a good look on anyone. The key to beauty is to not fixate on it too much, be gracious and realize all things are temporary so develop a winning personality. Plus, it can be snatched away from you. Just say Alx. One nose injury and its kalas. Baby hairs can fall out. Fat behinds don't take kindly to age. And lips can become even toned.

Yes, arrogance takes away beauty.

I think Somalis have become so fixated on the Somali phenotype because there is nothing else to be proud of right now as Somalia is a mess. It's a genetic coincidence that Somali features fall perfectly in between most phenotypes and are thus pleasing to most people. It's so low- effort to be proud of this, it's like being proud you exist.

This reminds me of seeing how many criminal Somali males are good looking naturally, it's like when people are good looking, they become lazy and entitled due to getting too much superficial attention. Unless your life goal is to be a sugar baby aka prostitute, why obsess over looks? It's temporary and you will only be used, abused and thrown aside once your looks expire.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Yes, arrogance takes away beauty.

I think Somalis have become so fixated on the Somali phenotype because there is nothing else to be proud of right now as Somalia is a mess. It's a genetic coincidence that Somali features fall perfectly in between most phenotypes and are thus pleasing to most people. It's so low- effort to be proud of this, it's like being proud you exist.

This reminds me of seeing how many criminal Somali males are good looking naturally, it's like when people are good looking, they become lazy and entitled due to getting too much superficial attention. Unless your life goal is to be a sugar baby aka prostitute, why obsess over looks? It's temporary and you will only be used, abused and thrown aside once your looks expire.

I mean. They could always cultivate themselves by learning a skill, starting a business, creating audacious personal goals, trying to be kinder, pious or more magnanimous. Also, looks are nice but as you said they aren't a crowning achievement and should not be where ones self-esteem comes from. Because that would be unstable. I mean one minute you are over the moon from copious compliments and the next thing you know you don't get enough sleep and don't look 100% or you develop a rash or some new imperfection to hyperfocus on. It's fleeting. It's not like the good looking feel that way all the time. Confidence in ones looks is in a perpetual state of ebb and flow. A true measure of a person is the sum total of the kind acts they engage in and the strength of the relationships they choose to cultivate.

Based

VIP
Somalis are so cringe. Moving like racist cadaans always banging on about their perfect genes fricking pirates who gassed you lot. We have nothing going for us other than being slightly different than black people :mjlol: we're so sad wllhi

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Kkkkk that entire comment section is projecting their insecurities, or maybe they are subtlety letting us know how other Africans really think of Somalis ? What do you think @Periplus

Tbh Somalis care too much about their features.

We need to pipe down and look at our country.

Why don’t we fix that first before making unnecessary TikToks.

However, the minute you praise a feature they don't have and that they covet, they get triggered and start calling people "featurists", "texturist" and any other "ist" they can find. Liking a certain feature doesn't mean you dislike another feature, this thinking is so bizarre.
Unfortunately I find that this ocd-like obsession with phony "-isms" is a testimony to a self-defeatist worldview by internalising "dominant hierarchies of attractiveness" perpetuated by advertisement etc.
I admit the TikTok post seemed a bit conceited, but when you resort to calling someone out for merely taking pride in their god-given features, on some level you are kind of telling this person to "check their privilege", as they would say, which means you assume those features to have some form of a (supposed) superiority over your own. This is not helpful at all.
Self-love and self-improvement on worthwhile metrics is key, as you and @Sophisticate pointed out. To us it might seem like a weird mindset to have, but it's kind of understandable. So empathy on our part is also necessary, without being patronizing.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Unfortunately I find that this ocd-like obsession with phony "-isms" is a testimony to a self-defeatist worldview by internalising "dominant hierarchies of attractiveness" perpetuated by advertisement etc.
I admit the TikTok post seemed a bit conceited, but when you resort to calling someone out for merely taking pride in their god-given features, on some level you are kind of telling this person to "check their privilege", as they would say, which means you assume those features to have some form of a (supposed) superiority over your own. This is not helpful at all.
Self-love and self-improvement on worthwhile metrics is key, as you and @Sophisticate pointed out. To us it might seem like a weird mindset to have, but it's kind of understandable. So empathy on our part is also necessary, without being patronizing.

I can understand how new world madow people were inculcated with ideas that supplanted their ancestral notions of beauty with foreign and remote ones. Where favourable treatment was once based on castes i.e Jamica. And where being more cadaan shifted for AAs means better treatment by the judicial system like shorter sentences and positive social appraisals. To them that means something and it can appear tone deaf for Somalis to gloat about their looks. Even though we are a highly aesthetically conscious society with our own nuanced set of beauty standards and different historical traditions, values and legacy. I feel like these videos are more of a ploy for attention. Negative attention. Also, people will start thinking you are shallow and vapid if you focus on this to the exclusion of everything.

Trending

Latest posts