Wtf is a Hamite?

Do you feel a connection to north Africans?

• Hell no.

Votes: 30 68.2%
  • Yes, and I'll explain.

Votes: 14 31.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
They're muslim but other than that hmmmmmmm the main muslims in my area are either asians or North Africans and north Africans in my area stick with somalis and feel closer to us and I guess I do too but.........
Yh I have nothing to say:samwelcome:
I don't feel close culturally to anyone except somalis I dont identify with even other cushities

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Somalis are Cushites, a sub-branch of the Hamitic people's.

1. Somali is an Afro-Asiatic language only found among countries in the Horn of Africa, Middle East and North Africa.
2. Genetically, on the father's side, we have the E1B1B1 marker among 80% of the population. This marker is found mostly in the Horn of Africa and North Africa.
3. Besides skin tone and among some of us with hair textures, we don't share facial features with Central, South or West Africans.

Now I wouldn't call myself a Hamite personally, but when it comes to claiming black or hamite, the hamites have more of a leg to stand on technically speaking.

Somalis should just refer themselves as Somalis though, we have a rich enough cultural identity.

1. Somali is an Afro-Asiatic language only found among countries in the Horn of Africa, Middle East and North Africa.
2. Genetically, on the father's side, we have the E1B1B1 marker among 80% of the population. This marker is found mostly in the Horn of Africa and North Africa.
3. Besides skin tone and among some of us with hair textures, we don't share facial features with Central, South or West Africans.

Now I wouldn't call myself a Hamite personally, but when it comes to claiming black or hamite, the hamites have more of a leg to stand on technically speaking.

Somalis should just refer themselves as Somalis though, we have a rich enough cultural identity.

North Africans are 75-90% West Eurasian whereas Horn Africans are only 35-60%.

The hamitic race is a fake psuedo-scientific concept popularised by american white men in the 1800s when they compared the east-african and nort africans and saw similiarities. Cushitic is a language group in the greater afro-asiatic language familiy like berber, chadic and semetic. Cushitic should not be mistaken for ethnic corelation even though it is often so. We see other cushitic speaking peoples like beja, oromo anfar and they all have many of the same elemenets culturally, lingustically, geographical and we share much of our dna and phenotype in some ways. The semetic speaking eastaficans are also in the same group because they got a linguistic and cultural shift when they intermingled with the yemeni. Cushitic should also not be compared to the kingdom of kush in the bible or the ancient kingdom of kush in modern sudan.

Somalis don't share much genetic similarities with the modern day arab man. But he have some north african elements and some small fraction middleestern. But over 30 percent of our ancient dna comes from the levant from the ancestors of the arabs some 15 thousand years ago, so it would not be accurate to say we are part arab we are like equal cousins that drifted appart in long time and went through many changes and mutations. Our east african dna is actually so uniqe, the dna test can't compare it too other peoples.

North africans, east africans and middleeastern has gone through too many changes to be called one people. We are not the same. But we share many things lingustically. The afro-asiatic actually came from east africa and became semetic, egyptian, chadic, bereber and hebrew. We are not a byroduct of them, but they adopted elemtents from us.

People in east africa share linguistics, genes and geography, so "East african" would be more correct name to go by.

Last edited:
The hamitic race is a fake psuedo-scientific concept popularised by american white men in the 1800s when they compared the east-african and nort africans and saw similiarities. Cushitic is a language group in the greater afro-asiatic language familiy like berber, chadic and semetic. Cushitic should not be mistaken for ethnic corelation even though it is often so. We see other cushitic speaking peoples like beja, oromo anfar and they all have many of the same elemenets culturally, lingustically, geographical and we share much of our dna and phenotype in some ways. The semetic speaking eastaficans are also in the same group because they got a linguistic and cultural shift when they intermingled with the yemeni. Cushitic should also not be compared to the kingdom of kush in the bible or the ancient kingdom of kush in modern sudan.

Somalis don't share much genetic similarities with the modern day arab man. But he have some north african elements and some small fraction middleestern. But over 30 percent of our ancient dna comes from the levant from the ancestors of the arabs some 15 thousand years ago, so it would not be accurate to say we are part arab we are like equal cousins that driftet appart in long time and went through many changes and mutations. Our east african dna is actually so uniqe, the dna test can't compare it too other peoples.

North africans, east africans and middleeastern has gone through too many changes to be called one people. We are not the same. But we share many thing lingustically. The afro-asiatic actually came from east africa and became semetic, egyptian, chadic, bereber and hebrew. We are not a byroduct of them, but they adopted elemtents from us.

People in east africa share linguistics, genes and geography, so "East african" would be more correct name to go by.
Definitely. I understand that we’re somewhat related to the Arabs, and I agree that we’ve drifted too far from them to see them as kin.

What do you think about Bantus though? Do you see us as related to them and other madow groups?

Ham and his older sons Mizraim, Kush and Phut were not cursed by Noah, it was only Canaan.

South

Many Christians take your line, but there are also different takes on the Talmud by Jewish Rabbis. Anyway, the son was cursed and punished what his father (Ham) did to his grandpa (Noah). The sins of the father.

i don't feel any affinity to them.

i wouldn't dismiss berbers just as some mutts though,i don't see them just as mutts but their own separate people.

But we don’t share any physical features with North Africans. Most of them look closer to white Europeans than they do to us. Some even have blue/green eyes and many have pale skin.

Definitely. I understand that we’re somewhat related to the Arabs, and I agree that we’ve drifted too far from them to see them as kin.

What do you think about Bantus though? Do you see us as related to them and other madow groups?

Bantus?! :susp: Hell no. :nahgirl:

The same way we share a distant ancestral population with North Africans and Middle Easterns not just Arabs btw we share a distant ancestral population with Nilotes.

No. The bantu people actually were one small group that originated from west africa 3000 years ago. So they are not very old people like us. We are not similar genetically at all, we would have more smiliaraities with an european than a bantu, because historically east africans rarely made babies with other groups. And the bantus are not native to most part of the continent so we didn't have contact with them until recent times. We may have max 1 percent admixture, but that is also a stretch.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative

i wouldn't dismiss berbers just as some mutts though,i don't see them just as mutts but their own separate people.
Can I ask why do North Africans (excluding the Egyptians who also have Madow faces) I meet have such Madow hair

But we don’t share any physical features with North Africans. Most of them look closer to white Europeans than they do to us. Some even have blue/green eyes and many have pale skin.
Not defending Berbers, but the purer ones actually resemble Somalis. If they look white or something, they just have substantial arab and European DNA.

Now you're reaching & you must be blind. The vast majority of North Africans are of native Berber ancestry, they look nothing like Europeans. If anything, they look similar to middle-eastern people.

Example of North Africans:
pasted image 0.png

Not defending Berbers, but the purer ones actually resemble Somalis. If they look white or something, they just have substantial arab and European DNA.
European as in Southern European, most of them look more like Spaniards or Italians than us. Hardly any pure berbers left to compare them to us.

Berbers may have looked like us several thousand years ago, but they've also had some admixture from the iberian peninsula and arab. But i wouldn't dismiss them tbh, they've lived in north africa as long as we've lived in the east that is deserving of some respect. They have stronger claim than arabs and bantus. This is the first depiction of a berber some thousands years ago

Egypte_louvre_131_statuette.jpg

Now you're reaching & you must be blind. The vast majority of North Africans are of native Berber ancestry, they look nothing like Europeans. If anything, they look similar to middle-eastern people.

Example of North Africans:
View attachment 59798
Some of them look like that.
Some of them look fully white.
Some of them look mixed.
Some of them look like Southern Europeans.
Hardly any of them look like us

Status
Not open for further replies.