Would you marry someone you loved even if your parents didn't approve?

Topic Title

• Yes

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
I see many posters on here fascinate over their potential dream partner but what if you had met them and your parents didn't approve?

For me, it wouldn't matter because when you grow older you are expected to make choices of your own will anyhow so I can but it won't come without penalty (critique)

Some of you have other opinions so let's hear them.
A Sweet Revolutionary moment of ideas did I just summon to mind.

I've never seen a marriage last that the parents disapproved of, even of they reluctantly gave in. not because parents are always right or psychic, but its like a bit of their silent habaar attaches itself to the marriage until it breaks off

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
I see many posters on here fascinate over their potential dream partner but what if you had met them and your parents didn't approve?

For me, it wouldn't matter because when you grow older you are expected to make choices of your own will anyhow so I can but it won't come without penalty (critique)

Some of you have other opinions so let's hear them.
A Sweet Revolutionary moment of ideas did I just summon to mind.

Best move would be to impregnate her/be impregnated by him which forces your parents to let ya'll marry unless they want to be shamed.

Absolutely not. I mean think about it . After you run off with each other into the sun set and the initial lust (because true love comes after marriage) wears off and you start to raise a family, you will want your kids and his family to get to know your family. Now since you burned all the bridges , the other family will never respect you and your partner won’t either. in fact you will feel emotional when you see your partners’ family coming to visit but you yours don’t come visit because you decided to follow your kaacsi instead of your head remember? you will start to realize what a mistake you made and life will be tough for you.

there is no Pros of going it without a family.Now with family support things will go much smoother and you will have a dignity.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
My parents are very wise and want the best for me.

They wouldn’t be against a woman unless she’s an actual demon kkk, I’d listen.:kanyeshrug:

Parents are wise and I always listen to them, so I wouldn't even marry the person of my dreams if my parents didn't approve.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Moms can detect demonic women well:drakelaugh:

A smart nigga allows his mom to screen the potential wife
A smart nigga hires a private investigator to investigate his future wife and her family, and another private investigator from a different agency to investigate the first private investigator.

They won’t ever catch this Young King slippin.

1dd4f4cc5083ecdc9a64f7bff2e86264.jpg

I would say yes, but I can't think of any realistic scenario my parents would object since they care about things like: qabil, race, wealth, personal and family status way less than me when looking at a partner. And at the end of the day I'm a man, my parents opinion doesn't matter.

Now if the girls parents would object then I would break it off. I have broken up with a couple ajnabi girls for that reason.

If my parents had a valid reason to disapprove the marriage I would reconsider but if their reason was thin then I would go ahead with the marriage.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I've never seen a marriage last that the parents disapproved of, even of they reluctantly gave in. not because parents are always right or psychic, but its like a bit of their silent habaar attaches itself to the marriage until it breaks off

Depends on their reason, if it’s flimsy you good.

What if they had a valid reason to disapprove that you are too blind to see because you are all o_O in mad love

My family would give advice and then move on. They are not the type to get too involved unless its an ajanabi lol. I have earned their trust and they know I'm not the type to throw her future away for a do-nothing farax or a fake gangster. My standards are extremely high so if he passes them, he would pass theirs trust me.

@Abdisamad3 I thought about this further and i believe there is a misunderstanding lol. If there was genuinely something wrong with him, (e.g., previous criminal conviction, no job) I would not be taking him to meet my family in the first place. But if he had lied and my family found out and told me, it would be goodbye . What I'm trying to say is I would listen to their reasoning, it cannot be something silly like we just don't like him, there has to be a reason. I believe its unfair to take someone to your family, allow them to take bites out of them and then break up with them. That sounds very humiliating and you wouldn't like it if someone did that to you.

Blessing from parents is mandatory.
I would simply cut her off if parents didnt agree to the marriage.

Wadani, what would your parents say if you brought a Queen like me home. I would be carrying a purse which costs more than their house and you would be on a leash. I think at that point they would know an intervention is too late.

psyche

To each their own
I'm sick of these marriage questions, are you people this dry?

Anyway yes I would marry someone against my parent's wishes because I genuinely don't care about others' opinion when it comes to my life partner.

Who I marry has nothing to do with them or anybody else.