Would you marry someone with depression or dismiss them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All my friends are depressed, and it’s a lot of work to be honest. It depends on if they are proactive and try to seek help and better themselves, or if they just let it eat them up and not try anything.
You need to get new friends. If they all give you negative vibes itll rub off on you. Be selfish and think about your own quality of life.

Ps. Theres a difference between feeling sad and being 'depressed'. Most people call it 'depression' when theyre actually just sad.

MariaMaria

Education, Peace and Prosperity
I don't think I have the maturely or patience to deal with someone who has depression, it takes a lot of work and effort in some cases

If its in the shukaansi stage and i find out they arent mentally well i will not presue them. Simple.:manny: if it develops afterwards when we're committed then you gotta pull through i guess.
Girl, Depression doesnt have to equate crazy LOL Most people experience depression at some point in their life.I see your point though LOL

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I would wonder why they are depressed?
Is it that their expectations for life are not matching up with their present reality? :farmajoyaab: Have they totally divested from life because of traumatic life events? Or is this a case of poor diet and lifestyle impacting their state of mind?What is/are their coping strategies(s)? Do they self-medicate with postive or destructve actions/behaviours? What is the duration of their periods of depression? Are they a functional depressive or totally disconnected? Do they have concurent/concomitant mental health conditions?

Puffin Stuff

Cheating death in berbera
I probably shouldn't say this but ive had depression before and expectations are high and my parents and siblings are high achiever compared to me with low motavation in anything that isn't History or Poems or Maths i've had a tough time in the UK mainly because my siblings outshine me alot i don't hate them i just hate the fact that they compete in over-achieving

I probably shouldn't say this but ive had depression before and expectations are high and my parents and siblings are high achiever compared to me with low motavation in anything that isn't History or Poems or Maths i've had a tough time in the UK mainly because my siblings outshine me alot i don't hate them i just hate the fact that they compete in over-achieving
Aww! History and poems? Sounds so intriguing.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member

Do other(s) draw comparisons between you and them?

Do you want to model/emulate their outlook/work ethic? If so, try to mimic their study habits.

Are you interested in their areas of study?

You've mentioned that history, math and poetry are your strengths. Maybe you should focus on what you do well and pay less attention to your siblings and their expectations. I'm certain Yasmin does something prociently that they don't, so let that be your focus.

Puffin Stuff

No infact i hate however i've revised it and now my gcse's are nearly finished im going to be pressured into something i don't like

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
No infact i hate however i've revised it and now my gcse's are nearly finished im going to be pressured into something i don't like

I'm sure your parents mean well. They just want the best for you. What is it about medicine that you can't stand? Just curious?

Puffin Stuff

I am not good at medicine and I'm tired of being shit upon because of it. I am willing to accept criticism and learn from mistakes. I can think outside the box and can easily come up with a diagnoses I dread telling anyone, especially my Farther and my family. They are constantly saying how they are proud of me for pursuing it however It means nothing because i have no say and can't put my foot down

My father always brags about how he has ''3'' future doctors in the family it's irritating and I've realized my sister has had to become a med student as well despite her being really good at math intact she's the one that made me love math

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I am not good at medicine and I'm tired of being shit upon because of it. I am willing to accept criticism and learn from mistakes. I can think outside the box and can easily come up with a diagnoses I dread telling anyone, especially my Farther and my family. They are constantly saying how they are proud of me for pursuing it however It means nothing because i have no say and can't put my foot down

My father always brags about how he has ''3'' future doctors in the family it's irritating and I've realized my sister has had to become a med student as well despite her being really good at math intact she's the one that made me love math

I'm sure, you're just underming your abilities. You mentioned that you can think in novel ways and approach diagnoses in a different way. What makes you think you're not 'good enough'?

I strongly recommend you read a book by a professor in Electrical Engineering. She was constantly told had no aptitude for math and science, and failed those subjects highschool. She pursued language studies while after joining the military. Her exposure to Russian and the technical skills she developed gave her the confidence to go back to school by age 26. She had little in-built aptitude for but and other students had the foundation that she lacked but through persistence she overcame the naysayers. Her story is a testament to the power of not believing old stories and criticisms about yourself. She has a MOOC on Coursera called, Learning How to Learn. I suggest you check her out. Her name is Dr. Barbara Oakley. Her book is called A Mind for Numbers - How to Excel at Math and Science.

In my household Medicine was bread and butter my father was a doctor he's now in his late 60's and bred it into us
Parents are annoying sometimes. You have to be an adult. they cant just mold you into what they want all of the time. You have to live your life. pick something that pays the bills and makes a difference...Enjoy your life, Don't worry about your siblings just be happy for them. they're your siblings not your competition. best wishes

Do-I-Look-Somali

Make me some Cambulo tonight.
Dealing with a woman with depression can be a handful. Sometimes it can become a great burden on your shoulders. I was with a girl, and she was suffering from it heavily. Her parents disowned her, and her best friend died in a drive by while minding her own business. Her uncle raped her when she was younger, and she grew up feeling alone her whole life up to her late teens which is when she met me, and then I gave her that good D, and it all went away :denzelnigga::stevej:

Just kidding. Being with her taught me how to be patient with ppl, but not to ever let it become a hassle where my energy is also diminishing. No matter what I tried to do to help, it didn't work. She was already lost, and at the time I was a kaffir, and I couldn't introduce her to the Deen. Her depression got so bad she started to self harm, and think about suicide. She became more distant from life, and it kept on killing my energy. I had to let her go to save my own damn self:snoop:. She felt like I was disgusted in her, but my health had to come first. Screw that "till death do us apart" shit. I had to survive. I don't know what happened to this chick, but I pray for ppl like her every time when I make Dua. Depression ain't no joke. Sorry for the essay.

Dealing with a woman with depression can be a handful. Sometimes it can become a great burden on your shoulders. I was with a girl, and she was suffering from it heavily. Her parents disowned her, and her best friend died in a drive by while minding her own business. Her uncle raped her when she was younger, and she grew up feeling alone her whole life up to her late teens which is when she met me, and then I gave her that good D, and it all went away :denzelnigga::stevej:

Just kidding. Being with her taught me how to be patient with ppl, but not to ever let it become a hassle where my energy is also diminishing. No matter what I tried to do to help, it didn't work. She was already lost, and at the time I was a kaffir, and I couldn't introduce her to the Deen. Her depression got so bad she started to self harm, and think about suicide. She became more distant from life, and it kept on killing my energy. I had to let her go to save my own damn self:snoop:. She felt like I was disgusted in her, but my health had to come first. Screw that "till death do us apart" shit. I had to survive. I don't know what happened to this chick, but I pray for ppl like her every time when I make Dua. Depression ain't no joke. Sorry for the essay.
that sucks, Sorry man. you tried.I hope she's ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending