Would you marry someone with depression or dismiss them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Dismiss that's too big to handle but if it's after we are married I'd help them as much as I canbut before idk that's a bit much:nahgirl:

lalayariis

Bad cop
All my friends are depressed, and it’s a lot of work to be honest. It depends on if they are proactive and try to seek help and better themselves, or if they just let it eat them up and not try anything.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
It depends really. for a woman, its okey...no porabalem. Her kids will and wife duties will make them busy. (although i hoppe she doesn't slaughter her kids like these depressed white women do)

But a husband who is depressed, that's no good. The head of the house has to be OK. No exception. The fish stinks from the head

All my friends are depressed, and it’s a lot of work to be honest. It depends on if they are proactive and try to seek help and better themselves, or if they just let it eat them up and not try anything.

all your friends are depressed? did they all experience some kind of trauma? that's mad.

lalayariis

Bad cop
all your friends are depressed? did they all experience some kind of trauma? that's mad.
It’s an exaggeration, but yeah a lot of my friends are depressed. One has been in and out of the hospital for months and isn’t in school at the moment. The suicide rate is high for us teens these days, hence why rappers such as Xxxtentacion are popular amongst the youth.

It’s an exaggeration, but yeah a lot of my friends are depressed. One has been in and out of the hospital for months and isn’t in school at the moment. The suicide rate is high for us teens these days, hence why rappers such as Xxxtentacion are popular amongst the youth.

yh the millennials and the upcoming z generation are living in such a competitive era. they grow up and are told you must do a,b,cd if you don't then you will be seen as a failure.

also western society can be very very lonely at times.. I heard London is a lonely city. Western societies is what in my opninion causes so much depression among the youth.. there's more to life than a grade on a paper..

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Why is your friend suicidal u think? Can u describe to us how he or she looks like? what is her interests etc etc i want to diagnose there from here

lalayariis

Bad cop
yh the millennials and the upcoming z generation are living in such a competitive era. they grow up and are told you must do a,b,cd if you don't then you will be seen as a failure.

also western society can be very very lonely at times.. I heard London is a lonely city. Western societies is what in my opninion causes so much depression among the youth.. there's more to life than a grade on a paper..
Feel you man, everyone is taking a lot of AP classes (college level classes) to get ahead and it puts a lot of stress on you. Last week and this week are the AP tests, and me and all my friends have been freaking out because it’s a chance to save a lot of college. A good third of my class in AP world history are Somali, and some of them told me they have AP tests back to back on the same day so they’ll be testing for 5-10 hours. Not to mention the ACT/SAT’s and how they determine if you get into college or not.

In this day and age, you can’t get away with taking a normal route in life, and it’s putting a lot of stress on our youth because we come from a family that is relying heavily on all of us to make a better future for our diaspora. That’s why some turn to gang banging, or drug dealing because they can’t keep up with the constant stress.

lalayariis

Bad cop
Why is your friend suicidal u think? Can u describe to us how he or she looks like? what is her interests etc etc i want to diagnose there from here
I don’t really know much because she hasn’t been at school and I’ve had limited contact through text since when she is in the hospital all her devices are taken away. What I do know is that she told me she has been struggling with this for many years, and since she comes from a Somali household, it wasn’t addressed until she reached middle school when she was put on several meds.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I don’t really know much because she hasn’t been at school and I’ve had limited contact through text since when she is in the hospital all her devices are taken away. What I do know is that she told me she has been struggling with this for many years, and since she comes from a Somali household, it wasn’t addressed until she reached middle school when she was put on several meds.

Got it. thanks for the info :)

My boyfriend has depression but I have depression 2 so like we try not to off ourselves together <3

On a more serious note not everyone can handle a mentally ill partner like its really draining so honestly if ur someone who isn’t understanding and sympathetic u probably shouldn’t ur just going to make ur partner feel like shit

I once dated a guy who would punch walls when I talked to other guys. Idk what was wrong with that nigga probably had bpd or some shit but regardless it was the worst experience ever.

Last edited:
Good thing I’m not a Muslim *seinfeld theme music*

do you not wear hijab? How does your dad feel or mother about your decision? or have you cut ties with your blood relatives?

you are a somali women you should think about raising somali muslim kids and not a gaal... I'm sure your father is proud of you.

do you not wear hijab? How does your dad feel or mother about your decision? or have you cut ties with your blood relatives?

you are a somali women you should think about raising somali muslim kids and not a gaal... I'm sure your father is proud of you.
My mother doesn’t know and my dad is a really kind man who doesn’t pressure me about anything. He tells me he hopes god will guide me, but doesn’t despise me and is proud me but thanks lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending