Would you consider this guy Somali?

• Yes

Votes: 36 46.2%
  • Only partially

Votes: 30 38.5%
  • Not at all

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters
This guy probably can’t even pronounce majeerteen and you lot are quick to associate him with a Somali clan just because he has a father who is Somali. :mjlol:

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Technically yes as Somali lineage is paternal but he certainly doesn’t look Somali. He looks Arab or Persian to me

If we use patrilineal descent purely to discern if an individual is Somali or not, then the basis as a whole is unsound and doesn't follow from a biological consistency but of a social construct since the different haplogroups don't belong to the same branch.

The way to reconcile this is to admit the emphasis on the father's side is a cultural/historical/religious condition, and though it's an important characteristic of our identity and culture, shouldn't be confused with 'race.'

Qali

Certified Pimp.

His father is Somali.
This is only aiding in the erasure of Somali's if you consider people like him Somali.
Look at the AA community, they took the biracials as one of their own and now their women are being replaced by them, by calling biracial people "Somali", you aren't doing Somali people any good.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
or baljeeet
Skjermbilde 2020-06-22 kl. 21.42.23.png

Guys, if a black person resembling Wesley Snipes has a White paternal grandfather, and therefore has, lets say White Scottish lineage, are they 100% Scottish and the same as their white Scottish countrymen?

Same niggas saying he’s Somali because of his father qashinned my post yesterday about cad cads being timo jileec mutts with foreign paternal lineage:mjlol: :pacspit:
D1031F07-CEC7-4B93-A565-F33463D795BF.gif

Apollo

VIP
Guys, if a black person resembling Wesley Snipes has a White paternal grandfather, and therefore has, lets say White Scottish lineage, are they 100% Scottish and therefore the same as their white Scottish countrymen?

About a third of African-American men have Anglo-Celtic paternal lineages. :ftw9nwa:

About a third of African-American men have Anglo-Celtic paternal lineages. :ftw9nwa:

I was thinking that. Also especially Jamaicans. Many have direct paternal Scottish and Irish lineage and can trace their family to towns and cities in the UK and Ireland.

Going by everyone's logic, Bob Marley the iconic black singer is not Jamaican, but a white British man as his own father was white and British.

Btw, i'm fully aware that Islamically you are what your father is. You take your fathers lineage, but there is a difference between lineage, race and nationality. It is pretty complicated..

reer

VIP
I was thinking that. Also especially Jamaicans. Many have direct paternal Scottish and Irish lineage and can trace their family to towns and cities in the UK and Ireland.

Going by everyone's logic, Bob Marley the iconic black singer is not Jamaican, but a white British man as his own father was white and British.

Btw, i'm fully aware that Islamically you are what your father is. You take your fathers lineage, but there is a difference between lineage, race and nationality. It is pretty complicated..
bob marley waa banu cadaan

Only partially. Imagine claiming him as Somali because his dad descended from some ancient man :rolleyes:
Some of y'all sound desperate to claim mixed people.

Trending

Latest posts