Would you allow your wife to go to a mixed gym?

Would you allow your wife to go to a mixed gym?

• Total voters
As the man of the house I expect my wife and children to obey me as I am in charge of the family, are you Muslim? Because no intelligent Muslim would deny the authority of the father.
The only time y’all talk about religion is when you want to control women. Do you help the poor? Do you pray 5 times a day? Do you? Your wife has Islamic rights ( I know y’all are never taught that) just because she married you doesn’t mean you own her. Being the men have their house comes with dignity and respect. Peace out!✌️

Unless he can build a home gym for me complete with all the weights and equipment I will continue to go to my closest gym. I use the gym to weight train and I go heavy (I can leg press up to 220 lbs now)

Not gonna let some insecure man stop me from being fit and healthy. You can dress modestly while working out literally all you need is a long shirt or hoodie that covers your bum

Yaraye

VIP
Unless he can build a home gym for me complete with all the weights and equipment I will continue to go to my closest gym. I use the gym to weight train and I go heavy (I can leg press up to 220 lbs now)

Not gonna let some insecure man stop me from being fit and healthy. You can dress modestly while working out literally all you need is a long shirt or hoodie that covers your bum
220 lbs?! Mashallah! I'm currently at 60 lbs :dead1:

Wow, leg press 220 pounds? How thick are your thighs madam? And how long have you been training? It’s a great accomplishment mashAllah

Sisters who train modestly have a special place in my heart 💕

What sort of training regime you do for leg day if you don’t mind sharing. I have potential for strong bulky legs but I under-train them. How would a typical leg day be like? Incl. what sort of stretches you’d do. Thanks

Working out with a hoodie or a long shirt sounds uncomfortable if you're hot and sweating. Especially if you're wearing a hijab.

Working out with a hoodie or a long shirt sounds uncomfortable if you're hot and sweating. Especially if you're wearing a hijab.
I’m a guy and I’ve worked out in hoodies before. It’s not that uncomfortable especially if you’re wearing a base layer underneath. Sometimes you don’t want to be showing off even as a guy by wearing revealing clothing.

What sort of training regime you do for leg day if you don’t mind sharing. I have potential for strong bulky legs but I under-train them. How would a typical leg day be like? Incl. what sort of stretches you’d do. Thanks
This is what a typical leg day is for me:

-3 sets leg press (until failure)
-4 sets seated leg curl (10-12 reps each)
-4 sets seated leg extension (10-12 reps each)
-4 sets seated calf raise (until failure)
-3 sets barbell lunges on each side (10-15 reps)

as for leg stretches I like to do standing quad and standing hamstring stretches and kneeling hip flexor stretch. I will admit though I don’t stretch as often as I should

Women who go to gym have firm bodies and firm bodies are totally masculine. A woman is supposed to be soft, delicate or juicy or dainty and man is supposed to be firm.

What women should is just diet better stop eating a lot like a man.

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world
I made a thread about how I’m a major supporter of women going to their own only gym.

men and women going to the same space don’t hit well.

I know they’ll be flirting from both parties; non of them I bet will even work on their goals besides texting.

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world
Women who go to gym have firm bodies and firm bodies are totally masculine. A woman is supposed to be soft, delicate or juicy or dainty and man is supposed to be firm.

I totally support women going to the gym.

Women who hits the gym are doing themselves a favour, when coming across abusers or predators.

Especially for the women that are pregnant.

Also, remember the fat acceptance?

Most supporters of that party are women; so a women who hits the gym can at least discourage other women (and girls) from joining that movement.

So I don’t see the reason to discourage that.
:yousmart:

gee thanks for the unsolicited advice wise guy.

This is what a typical leg day is for me:

-3 sets leg press (until failure)
-4 sets seated leg curl (10-12 reps each)
-4 sets seated leg extension (10-12 reps each)
-4 sets seated calf raise (until failure)
-3 sets barbell lunges on each side (10-15 reps)

as for leg stretches I like to do standing quad and standing hamstring stretches and kneeling hip flexor stretch. I will admit though I don’t stretch as often as I should
I did lying leg curl a week ago and got injured so bad I struggled making ruku for salah. Did some research on it and apparently seated leg curls are far more effective and less prone to injuries than lying leg curls.

Yeah do your stretches abaayo don't want to see you injured :it0tdo8:

Also thanks for the rep & sets listed, its exactly what I needed. I'm proud of you wallahi, inshAllah I'll keep you updated on my progress in the gym too. I haven't eclipsed a year consistent in the gym but I have been consistent for the past few months. Protein intake is also not where it needs to be and I'm working on that.

This reminded me there are a couple of Xalimos at my gym. Whenever I turn up they start putting their sweaters around their waist and if I need something from the room their at they leave and go to a different one. They can't train around a Faarax and have to a cover up but it's ait around ajnabi :damn:

Trending