Would Ethiopia fall due to the current situation?

Liban89

Maqal herder | Burco boodhweyn.
Somalia is the definition of misery loves company. You’re at the bottom of the barrel but find comfort in someone else next to you to share that bottom status, instead of finding a way up
How dare you tell us (somali people) the truth?

I think I've already established that oil was not the reason we took up arms against the Afro-Arabs in the center -- Khartoum-Omdurman; and in the periphery -- the Baggara of Kordofan and Darfur.

Did you know that we answered the Mahdi's call for a war of liberation against the British and dutifully expelled them from the South after the Mahdi promised an end to slave raids on fellow Sudanese?

Do you know what you people did after we forced the British out of our region at the behest of our Northern 'brothers'?

You reneged on the agreement and resumed military actions and slave raids against us; we then forced the Mahdists out of the South and came to realise that you people were scorpions in human form; you couldn't ever be trusted and we couldn't ever be complacent with you.

We had to oppose you; resist you; and fight you at every turn. Unlike every other non-Arab region in Sudan...we were never going to accept being lorded over by you -- no matter the costs.

Sudan could have enjoyed peace after the 1972 Addis Ababa Agreement, but you completely tore up and scrapped the Addis Ababa peace Agreement and your reasoning for it was mind-boggling... your elites said that it wasn't as if it was as holy as the Quran and so why abide by it.

The unofficial casualty estimate for South Sudan's totally unnecessary civil war is 400, 000 and it's a terrible indictment against us and will forever be an unforgivable and shameful chapter in our history.

I feel compelled to make it clear that we were losing close to 100, 000 lives every year during the Sudanese 2nd civil war, so were certainly not better off with you.

How generous of you to concede that you weren't in fact fluffy, innocent angels doing the Lord's work and that it was actually atrocious. That's progress, of a kind.

Your apparent support for Garang's vision was only ever theoretical -> worthless; you people only ever opposed regimes in Khartoum when cooking oil, flour and bread became a little too expensive in Khartoum-Omdurman; your bravery came to the fore on those occasions. Bravo!

Where were your apparently brave and 'revolutionary' protests for us when we were being bombed into oblivion and lost millions of lives; you said nothing when Darfur was subject to a sliver of our experience; you were again quite as mice when war erupted in Kordofan and Blue Nile.

You annexed Lebanon sized areas like Kafia Kingi in the 60s; the Upper Nile-While Nile border moved 90km South since 1956; the Unity triangle was taken from the South. It doesn't matter if we were one Country because stealing from your brother is still stealing.

We didn't create this atmosphere of North-South hatred; for many of you in Khartoum-Omdurman, the war was so far removed from your everyday lives that it may very well have taken place in Narnia.

The 'enemy' we encountered on the battlefields (much to our annoyance) were Fur, Masalit, Zaghawa and even Nuba; even the Baggara were restricted to paramilitary operations, and were somewhat insulated from the just consequences of a war that should touched everyone. If misery is to be had, it should be shared.

This isn't a fun little debate over distant and remote historical events; it's not an indulgent exercise in honing my debating skills; every bloodline of my being (all 4) have lost dozens of family members; you shouldn't dare taunt us and scratch at still fresh wounds...

..Let's allow some space for us to heal as sons and daughters of Greater Sudan; God willing, we will reconcile and restore our brotherhood and take back Sudanese land (Halaib triangle) from the Egyptians and give it back to the noble Beja...

..But until then, please -respectfully- KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!
Ouch that was a proper Karbash.

Yes, I was born in Pinyudo; the Anyuak and the Jikany Nuer live in that region so it made things easier for South Sudanese refugees. The current Goveror of Gambella is an Anyuak man.
How have the rights of Gambela improved in the 90s especially under EPRDF and how was life as a nuer pre 1991?

Are there amhara settlers in Gambela towns? How do they treat natives?

How have the rights of Gambela improved in the 90s especially under EPRDF and how was life as a nuer pre 1991?

Are there amhara settlers in Gambela towns? How do they treat natives?

I think they get treated pretty well in Gambella -- even under the EPRDF; the Nuer play prominent roles in the Government there.

The Habash are there and they don't seem to bother the Nilotics there; I've actually met a couple of half Nuer-half Habash people.

Qofwalan

house of samatalis
Somalia is the definition of misery loves company. You’re at the bottom of the barrel but find comfort in someone else next to you to share that bottom status, instead of finding a way up
I’m not somaliweynist but nice try :umad:

I think they get treated pretty well in Gambella -- even under the EPRDF; the Nuer play prominent roles in the Government there.

The Habash are there and they don't seem to bother the Nilotics there; I've actually met a couple of half Nuer-half Habash people.
Gambela pre TPLF were treated like slaves especially unde Haile.Selaise

@Nilotic
Not true...

The Gambella Massacre in 2003 by the TPLF led EPRDF.

Somal are you @xabashi or Mustafa Xagjir?

Amhara used to call Gambela baria and had no rights just like Bani shangul where ethnic cleansing happened to create Metekel settling amhara peasants during the time of Haile selaisie and before.
PP mission is to dismantle ethnic federalism and reinstate amhara furdalism and imperialism.

Gambela pre TPLF were treated like slaves especially unde Haile.Selaise

Do you have any sources for that? The Habesh tried to conduct slave raids on the Nuer centuries ago and they failed because the Nuer are warlike; perhaps they had more success with the Anyuak but I've never heard of it.

This would be terrible for Ethiopian Somalis. Many parts of Somali region and Dire Dawa are developing rapidly, lots of people have been setting up businesses and making a good living.

I'm not certain if it will, I think they'll probably set up another regime than collapse.

Do you have any sources for that? The Habesh tried to conduct slave raids on the Nuer centuries ago and they failed because the Nuer are warlike; perhaps they had more success with the Anyuak but I've never heard of it.
Are you Dinka? I read they’re cannibals 👀

Are you Dinka? I read they’re cannibals 👀

girl-bye.gif

Where did you "read" this little gem from?

really-go-on.gif

I'm being as calm as possible in my response to what really seems to be an attempt at shitposting.

Trending