Would a benevolent dictator ever work out in Somalia?

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
why would any reasonable human being support a dictatorship?
Hey hey I clearly stated a benevolent dictator. I mean we're much worse off than countries like Rwanda and looking at the rise of Singapore or the decline of Libya really makes me think it might solve a country like Somalia.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
I'm probably the least qabilist person here. I wouldn't even ask a girl what her qabil was if I was serious about marrying her

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
Hey hey I clearly stated a benevolent dictator. I mean we're much worse off than countries like Rwanda and looking at the rise of Singapore or the decline of Libya really makes me think it might solve a country like Somalia.

i was responding to his description of the benevolent dictator not the concept itself. have you been reading some of dambisa moyo’s work?

I'm probably the least qabilist person here. I wouldn't even ask a girl what her qabil was if I was serious about marrying her
Most of the diaspora are just like you sxb. They neither care or have interest about qabils. Thank god for that.

If Somalia ever has a benevolent dictator, they should be someone who is related to all the major clans by blood and who fears going to jahanam over qabilism - I nominate myself. Forget the 21st century, I'd drag all of Africa into the 30th century

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
i was responding to his description of the benevolent dictator not the concept itself. have you been reading some of dambisa moyo’s work?
We all have differnt definitiond. Id say Kagame is a dictator but some dont

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Oh my sorry about that, that's my bad.

Dambisa Moyo? Nope never heard of him/her

You would not force something on them? So what if they told you they wanted a Muslim leader? You would be lying and deceiving them into having a gaal leader?

to be honest I don’t think the next president should be from abroad either. It has to be someone from the region who knows more about the country than someone who grew up in America or Europe.

I could never come out as a gaal in real life because I would at best be ostracised and at worst be killed. So yes I would deceive for my survival.

I would never force in the sense of forcing my perception and belief regarding religion onto the masses. An Islamic government who adheres to sharia forces you to practically be Muslim or else there will be consequences. I would just construct a government who was neutral on religious matters. Also, realistically speaking there are different types of Islamic leanings, which Islam is the country going to rule after? are all Islamic groups irrespective of sect be respected? most likely not, even if we have a Muslim ruler, chances are disagreement would appear. The best way, in my opinion, is that the government completely separates from religion and stay neutral when it comes to peoples personal belief. Otherwise, most likely, people will feel like they have a say in strangers religious identity just because the government does.

As for the diaspora thing, I think a person who didn't grow up in war-torn Somalia should rule. someone who has seen and lived within a functioning system. Also, someone who has a real education and is historically and politically aware. Somalis in Somalia have very low standards most of the time. Honestly, the leader doesn't have to be from abroad I just think there would be more pros then cons if the person was.

But how would you know? You could never tell that I am a gaal just by looking at me. If I ever was the leader of Somalia I would never disclose that information, at least during the state Somalia is in today. I would just separate religion from politics and keep it movin. In hindsight don't you think an agnostic/atheist Somali would be the best choice since they would just act based on somalinimo? I think so.
All somali politicion are muslim but they dont behave like one..qabilist,most of them drink alcohol and use drugs, f*cking around like headless chicken,steal puplic money, misuse their Power,cortuption...and so on. I think you might be right on this. Even tho im 100%muslim.

Tukraq

VIP
All somali politicion are muslim but they dont behave like one..qabilist,most of them drink alcohol and use drugs, f*cking around like headless chicken,steal puplic money, misuse their Power,cortuption...and so on. I think you might be right on this. Even tho im 100%muslim.
Where’s the proof

With 2 generations of nationalist propaganda, qabil power can be erased. We need to beat qabil out of the minds of young Somalis

Somalia is a poor country with small economy. Qabiil is so entrenched in the social and political life of Somalia that to speak about Somalia in detail without mentioning Qabiil is unfathomable.

1) Where would you acquire the resources to accomplish such a feat ? (Somalia doesn’t export Oil and Gas or raw minerals).

2) How would you convince Somalis to wait 2 generations before your results materialize ?

SomaliMVP

Somali chauvinist
Depends on what kind of dictator it is. If it is a qabilist dictator yes. But if it is a dictator who act based on Somalia interest then no. If the dictator was the most powerful person in Somalia and saw a greater reward in a more stable Somalia then rest assure that his clan would most likely follow suit. The whole point is to remove qabilism from Somali politics why would a dictator whom hypothetically wants to remove qabil listen to qabil elders. The Somali youth are the future of Somalia, as long as they are more nationalistically inclined I don't see another war break out.

“Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship.”

Once you have power, you will never let it go.

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Somalia is a poor country with small economy. Qabiil is so entrenched in the social and political life of Somalia that to speak about Somalia in detail without mentioning Qabiil is unfathomable.

1) Where would you acquire the resources to accomplish such a feat ? (Somalia doesn’t export Oil and Gas or raw minerals).

2) How would you convince Somalis to wait 2 generations before your results materialize ?
The school curriculum. We have oil and gas those. Rights I'd immediately give to the US if they employ Somalis and end the arms embargo. Fund schools with that revenue and push my propaganda. Go into debt withe resources being the security of that loan. Fund infrastructure projects and get Somalis to work on it alongside Westerners until they get trained. Hire Japanese and German experts as advisors to deal with qabil issues as thay plagued them for centuries.

Those would be my first steps. Biggest risk is becoming an American puppet