Will you pass down Qabiil to your Children?

Will you pass down Qabiil to your Children?

• Total voters

Apollo

VIP
No way in avoiding it. Almost all material on Somalia quickly start mentioning clans. Even if they just read the Somalia wikipedia page. They are going to ask it sooner or later.

Teaching them what qabiil they're part of and so forth.
I personally wouldn't. Qabiil is a sickness and I seen what it can do to people. I would never talk about qabiil in my house! just teach them there Muslim/Somali and focus on raising them with good manners and a healthy mindset.

No way in avoiding it. Almost all material on Somalia quickly start mentioning clans. Even if they just read the Somalia wikipedia page. They are going to ask it sooner or later.
True. However, you can simply withold that info from them & teach them of the illnesses associated with qabil.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Ofc I’d teach them about their qabiil and who they are. I’ll also teach them about qabyaalad and how bad it is.

It’s 2020 and people still can’t differentiate between qabiil and qabyaalad.:francis:

I personally wouldn't. Qabiil is a sickness and I seen what it can do to people. I would never talk about qabiil in my house! just teach them there Muslim/Somali and focus on raising them with good manners and a healthy mindset.
I agree. There's no need to preserve a useless primitive system that can be easily misused.

Last edited:
I agree. There's no need to preserve a useless primative system that can be easily misused.
Some People would say "Qabiil and qabyaalad needs to be differentiated", Qabiil leads to qabyaalad though. It's like how drinking poison can lead to death. If the kid knows his qabiil and someone from another qabiil talks crap about his qabiil, he will turn qabiilist and the qabyaalad disease will affect him. If he learns more about qabiil or Somali politics, the qabyaalad disease can still effect him. The real question is, if you don't live in Somalia/Somaliweyn, why would you need to tell your kids their qabiil? What benefit is there in them knowing their qabiil when they don't even live in Somalia/Somaliweyn?

I would say, raise them on good manners and heart. Don't tell them their qabiil and don't bring it up. Teach them the Somali culture, traditions, history and language. Teach them about Islam and try to bring them up the best Muslim they could be. Qabiil is absolutely primitive and irrelevant. It brings more bad than good so it's best to avoid it and not tell them even if they ask you.

Some People would say "Qabiil and qabyaalad needs to be differentiated", Qabiil leads to qabyaalad though. It's like how drinking poison can lead to death. If the kid knows his qabiil and someone from another qabiil talks crap about his qabiil, he will turn qabiilist and the qabyaalad disease will affect him. If he learns more about qabiil or Somali politics, the qabyaalad disease can still effect him. The real question is, if you don't live in Somalia/Somaliweyn, why would you need to tell your kids their qabiil? What benefit is there in them knowing their qabiil when they don't even live in Somalia/Somaliweyn?

I would say, raise them on good manners and heart. Don't tell them their qabiil and don't bring it up. Teach them the Somali culture, traditions, history and language. Teach them about Islam and try to bring them up the best Muslim they could be. Qabiil is absolutely primitive and irrelevant. It brings more bad than good so it's best to avoid it and not tell them even if they ask you.
Exactly. Somali cultural/Ethnic identity is enough. Qabil should be forgotten for good.

pablo

Make Dhulos Great Again
Yes. It it’s not like they have a choice as soon as a Somali man is born he is written in Somali history.

Apollo

VIP
Exactly. Somali cultural/Ethnic identity is enough. Qabil should be forgotten for good.

Let's be real, (devil's advocate), technically qabiil is part of Somali culture.

Even developed countries like Saudi Arabia and the UAE who were like Somalis culturally still have not let go of it.

5BB414E5-2D7A-4723-AC97-E67881C1A90A.jpeg

@SOMALI GENERAL
Nice pfp!:ehh:

Exodus

Alienist
Ofc I’d teach them about their qabiil and who they are. I’ll also teach them about qabyaalad and how bad it is.

It’s 2020 and people still can’t differentiate between qabiil and qabyaalad.:francis:
This exactly. My dad taught me my abtirsi and what my qabiil was, but that's all he spoke about it, the rest of the time, he was getting the message across of how nobody gained anything through qabyaalad and all the harm it caused to Somalia

You can't teach Somali culture/tradition without mentioning Qabiil, if you want your child to grow up knowelegeble about Somalia, you have to mention qabiil