Will you let your children drink alcohol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard it's common for parents to give their children alcohol and educate them at the same time about the dangers of it. They'll give them a can of beer or a glass of wine after dinner. They let them drink under their supervision during their high school years so that when they do go out and kick it with their friends in social settings like parties, they will drink a low amount of alcohol and know how to handle themselves and know when to stop. They also do this so they do not become regular drinkers. The aim is for them to become social drinkers at the most, not into Hennessy gang or getting drunk every weekend. Studies have shown that those of high school age who drink with their parents are most likely not to be apart of the high risk drinking culture. Let's get real: even some Salafis get drunk.

I think this is a good approach. Although I don't drink alcohol, I think I will let my kids have a beer once a week after dinner with me and my partner.

Idgaf what they do when they move out, but as long they're living under me, they won't touch that shit.

I heard it's common for parents to give their children alcohol and educate them at the same time about the dangers of it. They'll give them a can of beer or a glass of wine after dinner. They let them drink under their supervision during their high school years so that when they do go out and kick it with their friends in social settings like parties, they will drink a low amount of alcohol and know how to handle themselves and know when to stop. They also do this so they do not become regular drinkers. The aim is for them to become social drinkers at the most, not into Hennessy gang or getting drunk every weekend. Studies have shown that those of high school age who drink with their parents are most likely not to be apart of the high risk drinking culture. Let's get real: even some Salafis get drunk.

I think this is a good approach. Although I don't drink alcohol, I think I will let my kids have a beer once a week after dinner with me and my partner.

I agree with yah. Better to educate your children in all aspects before they try to find out for themselves and fall of the bandwagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GodKnowsBest

Somaliweyn Unionist
No, although the bible allows alcohol if you don't get drunk- nobody knows their drunk point until they drink it enough. It'll allow in the floodgates of sin ultimately so it is better to avoid it.

I don't see the harm in a sip here and there, when they're the right age then they can have a glass. I noticed the most stable ppl around alcohol in my friend groups were the ones where they're parents actually made sure to have them drink under supervision first.

I've noticed Europeans tend to be more relaxed around alcohol as well in comparison to north Americans, isn't the legal drinking age at 21 in the states? Yikes

Either way I don't want them sneaking out and hiding under bushes like I did lmao or becoming alcoholics like so many other Somalis unaccustomed to drinking

sure why not. Actually, I would celebrate their coming of age by buying them a drink. virgin drunks are always funny. :mjlol:. I would teach them about the dangers of drinking irresponsibly though, and about their limits. so they are able to gauge when they have had too much. Essentially speaking i would not be repressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.