Why were Somalis cursed with dry land of death and drought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
Apparently the reason why the coast in Sanaag is also very dry is due to the very same reason. :cryinglaughsmiley:

"The Cal Madow area in northern Somalia consists of a coastal plain bordering the Gulf of Aden, a hilly sub-coastal zone of varying width, an extensive block of steep limestone escarpment reaching well above 2000m and an uplifted plateau lying to the south. The plateau dips to the south-east and has substantial areas of gypsum. The climate is influenced by the monsoon winds. The erratic rainfall in the coastal and sub-coastal zone is less than 100mm per year, while the upper part of the escarpment is the wettest area in Somalia, receiving a mean annual rainfall of over 700mm. A major part of the rain probably falls during the winter months, during the north-east monsoon, when mists are also frequent. Rain falling on the escarpment is drained to the north and seasonal streams run across the coastal plain, whilst the plateau itself is in rain shadow."
http://www.worldg18somalia.org/pdf/Somali_10EnvAss40day.pdf

We really are cursed. :ileycry:

Of course. That is why Daalo is very green while next door Maydh is dry :lol: .
The areas between Daalo, Midhisho and Gorgor etc can be easily forested
large scale though as they get a lot of water.

5oa90j.png

Gorgor

IMG-20160501-WA0137.jpg

Last edited:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Exactly. If Middle Eastern countries were able to turn their sand dunes into this
dreamstime_s_24078962-700x279.jpg

Then Somalia surely can. However corruption is rampant and the economy is close to nonexistent there, not to mention the large amount of deforestation and desertification that has taken place.
Golan Heights is not a sand dune, it's one of the most fertile and water abundant regions in the Middle East. :wtf:

What's irritating is that Somalis back home are acting like the fact that it hasn't rained in years is NOT a direct cause of negligent practises.
Like it's some kind of curse.

It's all good and well to beg Allah for forgiveness but instead of just praying for rain, why not plant trees and try to reverse the damage??
Sure, in a little while, It will rain, the wells will be filled but then it will dry up again and the drought and famine will start again.

It's like this endless cycle of self-destruction.

Are our leaders braindead or are they being paid to kill us slowly. :faysalwtf:
I guess they'd rather pocket the "aid money" instead of saving the future of our country and it's uneducated nomadic majority.

and when they do plant trees it's geed yahuud :mjlol:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
and when they do plant trees it's geed yahuud :mjlol:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've heard about this destructive plant.
Yet some of us still believe the UN and NGOs are in Somalia to help us.

:snoop:

Allegedly these NGOs also give MonSUNto seeds to our farmers. I wonder when Somalis became so naive. They line up to receive "vaccinations" from these people. These puppet federal states don't dare investigate or speak up lest they stop receiving "aid money".

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Indeed Allah tests those he loves best Alhamdulillah for these trials and tribulations for we come from the most sublime and to him we shall return:rejoice:

This is a wake up call for Somalis we have accepted secular governance since our so called independence it's time to return to divine laws since we sold our soul as a people and a nation:wow:

This is why idg ppl who want to move back home, why would u want to live in a dry, barren waste land :susp:

Before any of u come @ me with "not me or my fam!" I'm talking about the place I'm allowed to settle lol

Bahal

Κœα΄€α΄„α΄‹α΄‡α΄… ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I curse my retarded ancestors for not making the trek down south with their brethren

:pacspit:

Galgaduud = literally red land

:mjkkk:

Apollo

VIP
This is why idg ppl who want to move back home, why would u want to live in a dry, barren waste land :susp:

Before any of u come @ me with "not me or my fam!" I'm talking about the place I'm allowed to settle lol

Dry climate also has some benefits, especially in tropics, less malaria. And you can always make a city very green despite being in a desert with irrigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts