Why is the divorce rate so high in the Somali community?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone raised in the west is westernized. Most young people who are not practicing are not Godless either, if thats what you meant.

Anyway, if you think thats true you haven't been paying attention. Most of those types of young couples I know of are the ones who divorced within 2-3 years of the marriage.

Being westernized is more than eating cereal and watching Netflix. Most Somalis in the West are not westernized like other immigrant groups. They don't associate with other people that are different from them. Its a very weird sight when there is a group of Western born kids who can't speak Somali that only hang with other Somalis and the token Ayrab. What is even weirder is that they also cant talk with Somali fobs their age despite only wanting to be around Somalis.

Another thing I noticed is young Somali men and women don't even give each other eye contact. They run away from each other because they are socially inept. How can these people form lasting relationships? The ones that can hold a conversation can only gossip.

:faysalwtf:

Being westernized is more than eating cereal and watching Netflix. Most Somalis in the West are not westernized like other immigrant groups. They don't associate with other people that are different from them. Its a very weird sight when there is a group of Western born kids who can't speak Somali that only hang with other Somalis and the token Ayrab. What is even weirder is that they also cant talk with Somali fobs their age despite only wanting to be around Somalis.

Another thing I noticed is young Somali men and women don't even give each other eye contact. They run away from each other because they are socially inept. How can these people form lasting relationships? The ones that can hold a conversation can only gossip.

:faysalwtf:

you've got it all wrong..these kids are are wayyyyy too westernized..and don't understand the true concept of marriage..they all want a xalaal bf/gf...that's it..

Anyone else notice the guys who tell their friends how they had sex with their wives last night and what position they did it in?

:gucciwhat:

Or the women who are in Facebook groups and talk about their sex lives with other women using their real names and display pictures?

Other people don't do this. They will never talk about making love to their wife and if the women speak about specific details of their sex life or sex problems, it's in a forum and they are anonymous using fake names.

I think this also contributes to the divorce rate. The utter humiliation they go through when they find out.

There's a Facebook group of Somali women (in the thousands) where they talk about their sex lives. One shameless girl even went on Twitter and spoke about how small her husband's penis is and her husband and her picture were on her Twitter display pic. He looked so miskeen.

:nahgirl:

divorce rate is high in every community in the west. inside Somalia its cool and rare.
any why every little negative thing exaggerated here,there r so many otha ethnicities doing much worse things on daily bases.sometimes wonder if some here work for the destruction of the Somali psyche.more often its more negative stuff than positive splashed on these pages.

Last edited:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
You must have realistic expectation before getting married, put ur ego aside and make sure that communication between you'll is always open no matter how bad the situation gets. Talk about anything that bothers you and try to look at it from their perspective. You cannot jump ship at the first sight of a problem.

divorce should be for extreme cases like the person turned out to be a serial cheater, murderer etc, how if it's financial, lack of communication or activity in the bedroom, then it can be resolved. :)

divorce rate is high in every community in the west. inside Somalia its cool and rare.
any why every little negative thing exaggerated here,there r so many otha ethnicities doing much worse things on daily bases.sometimes wonder if some here work for the destruction of the Somali psyche.more often its more negative stuff than positive splashed on these pages.
They are. Just look at the nonsense @Western4Life posts. Its either that or just wanting plat thread/more traffic.

Watched a bit of the video and you can basically sum it up as:

-Black women are raised to be strong, Arab women are raised to be weak and submissive
-I’m financial independent and didn’t need to my husband
-I’ve already planned if my divorce fails.

Someone with this mindset obviously isn’t going to be married long. And I bet her Arab friends she was criticising are still in happy relationships.

If you watch near the end of the video she mentions that her ex was white. Maybe that is why she was cautious. But I agree with what you said.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Divorce is high in the west in general. Even higher in the Somali diaspora.

I think this is simply a natural result of men not being essential to a woman's life anymore. Women make their own money, and even receive money from the state if need be. So the role of the man has effectively been replaced. The man becomes a welcomed plus, not a necessity.

Is it then really surprising that a lot of women end their marriages at the drop of a hat? I mean 70% of divorces are initiated by women, that alone says a lot.

World

VIP
If you watch near the end of the video she mentions that her ex was white. Maybe that is why she was cautious. But I agree with what you said.
If you want to be cautious then why marry an cadaan guy in the first place? How can you be cautious with your husband?

Can’t rationalise western xalimos tbh.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
First off. Imma never mess up my routine again. Usually when I'm eating a snack or a meal I usually watch anime. But I decided to check out SSpot and noticed this thread @lone made. Ended up watching the vid cause lone my nigga.

I really sat my ass down and watched the full 18 minutes

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
:qri8gs7::qri8gs7::qri8gs7::qri8gs7::salute:
20180518_114440.png

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Alright anyway.

1.she is gorgeous
2.she funny.
3. She was willing to pay bills which mean she got money.

Sound like wifey material. It's a shame they got a divorce.they must have had more compatibility issues. Cause I guess they had more issues besides here wanting to pay bills.

Last edited:

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
This video got me thinking about whether I would marry a chick who has a kid.
I never seriously thought of this.

Cause she got divorced at 23 and had a kid with her. I honestly forgot the fact that I might actually meet potentials in the future who have kids from previous marriages.

I don't hate kids like some people. I have actually been told I'm good with them from my parents and other babysitters.

Eh I'll just let future Jerome figure it out if I'm placed In a situation like that

Apollo

VIP
This video got me thinking about whether I would marry a chick who has a kid.
I never seriously thought of this.

Cause she got divorced at 23 and had a kid with her. I honestly forgot the fact that I might actually meet potentials in the future who have kids from previous marriages.

I don't hate kids like some people. I have actually been told I'm good with them from my parents and other babysitters.

Eh I'll just let future Jerome figure it out if I'm placed In a situation like that

Single mothers should be a ''no go zone'' for men under 35.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
Single mothers should be a ''no go zone'' for men under 35.
Eh I have a friend non Somali who has been in a relationship with a chick for the past two years. She had a kid a couple of years before they met. The chick is awesome. They seem really happy I even heard him talk about moving in with the chick in a couple of months.

She practically fits every category he wanted in a female. Them niggas legit play fortnite together.

Apollo

VIP
Eh I have a friend non Somali who has been in a relationship with a chick for the past two years. She had a kid a couple of years before they met. The chick is awesome. They seem really happy I even heard him talk about moving in with the chick in a couple of months.

She practically fits every category he wanted in a female. Them niggas legit play fortnite together.

It is a form of cucking. Who wants to be a cuck? :siilaanyolaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts