Why is the divorce rate so high in the Somali community?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because this suugo generation isn't like our old skool gangistar generation..who know the true meaning of rafaad iyo balambal...our parents didn't just give up at the first sight of trouble..they looked at the bigger picture and stuck it out for the greater good of the family..also the older generation were more cultured and religious...saw things from a different perspective..nowadays..divorce is like drinking a glass of water..:uCkf6mf:

@lone ..i didn't watch the video..by the way..pass my greetings on to your Irish lady friend..

Last edited:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Because we just wanna have fun, but before we do that, our virginity has to be taken in the halaal wedding way. Istaqfurulaah. Then..after....girls wanna have fun oh yeah, girls wanna have fun

Because this suugo generation isn't like our old skool gangistar generation..who know the true meaning of rafaad iyo balambal...our parents didn't just give up at the first sight of trouble..they looked at the bigger picture and stuck it out for the greater good of the family..also the older generation were more cultured and religious...saw things from a different perspective..nowadays..divorce is like drinking a glass of water..:uCkf6mf:

@lone ..i didn't watch the video..by the way..pass my greetings on to your Irish lady friend..
Divorce rates among older gen. is still very high too. I'd say we're the highest among muslim communities.
Too many garoobs in our community.

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP
Because they were raised in broken homes, they don’t have family values. Also most of them get married to avoid premarital which is the number one reason why their marriages fail

World

VIP
Watched a bit of the video and you can basically sum it up as:

-Black women are raised to be strong, Arab women are raised to be weak and submissive
-I’m financial independent and didn’t need to my husband
-I’ve already planned if my divorce fails.

Someone with this mindset obviously isn’t going to be married long. And I bet her Arab friends she was criticising are still in happy relationships.

-Black women are raised to be strong, Arab women are raised to be weak and submissive

Someone with this mindset obviously isn’t going to be married long. And I bet her Arab friends she was criticising are still strong in their relationships.

What's wrong with having a plan B?

World

VIP
What's wrong with having a plan B?
Why have such a pessimistic view when entering a marriage? Divorce should be a worst case scenario situation, not the first thing you do when things get tough.

The girl in the video said she got divorced in her first year of university and she has a child. And the way she was talking about her divorce it sounded like a minor boyfriend breakup. Imagine how that child will be growing up without a strong family unit?

Unless your spouse has commited adultery, became a kaafir, and other major things, you should preserve inshallah.

It's high because Somalis are not allowed to have relationships before marriage. The divorce rate wouldn't be so high if young people got some real life experience with other people and see what relationships are all about (i.e., how to treat a lady, expectations of the man, sacrifices, etc). They won't appreciate these things if they never had to experience these things.

You have people who get married after a few months of knowing each other (mostly through the phone) and don't know what to do after tying the knot.

At least when other people get divorced, it's after 10-30 years of being together. Most Somali divorces happen in less than 2 years and the couple is barely together anyway in that limited time.

Somalis in the West are also very socially awkward and depend on their parents to get them someone to marry. That doesn't help you when seeking a lifelong partner.

The Pakis and others don't have this divorce problem because they will be killed or shunned from the family if they so it.

Why have such a pessimistic view when entering a marriage? Divorce should be a worst case scenario situation, not the first thing you do when things get tough.

The girl in the video said she got divorced in her first year of university and she has a child. And the way she was talking about her divorce it sounded like a minor boyfriend breakup. Imagine how that child will be growing up without a strong family unit?

Unless your spouse has commited adultery, became a kaafir, and other major things, you should preserve inshallah.

That was the most insightful thing you've ever said on here...
:shookgabre:

It's high because Somalis are not allowed to have relationships before marriage. The divorce rate wouldn't be so high if young people got some real life experience with other people and see what relationships are all about (i.e., how to treat a lady, expectations of the man, sacrifices, etc). They won't appreciate these things if they never had to experience these things.

You have people who get married after a few months of knowing each other (mostly through the phone) and don't know what to do after tying the knot.

At least when other people get divorced, it's after 10-30 years of being together. Most Somali divorces happen in less than 2 years and the couple is barely together anyway in that limited time.

Somalis in the West are also very socially awkward and depend on their parents to get them someone to marry. That doesn't help you when seeking a lifelong partner.

The Pakis and others don't have this divorce problem because they will be killed or shunned from the family if they so it.

As if somali's don't shukaansi each other and date..and are you actually encouraging honour killings?

As if somali's don't shukaansi each other and date..and are you actually encouraging honour killings?

No. I used the honour killings excuse in case anyone brings up the Pakis and others. I am Western and against barbaric cultural practices.

Only westernized Somalis who are practically godless date. You will notice these Somalis have strong and lifelong marriages.

Take a look at the divorced folk. They are typically religious or semi religious or have been sheltered from the opposite sex all their lives from their extreme religious parents.

I expect Somali divorces to fall dramatically for the kids (the rebels) born after 2000s and into the next generation if they haven't been brainwashed by the Salafis (who among the Somalis are #1 in divorce rates).

Someone with this mindset obviously isn’t going to be married long. And I bet her Arab friends she was criticising are still in happy relationships.

In a matriarchical society like the West were power is handed to the females the results are utter chaos and dysfunction

75% of divorces in the Muslim community is initiated by them, most of them on a mere whim.

There is no regard for any children by these people because that requires foresight, empathy, religiosity and intelligence.

Instead her entire mind and aspirations we're preoccupied with the useless wedding extravaganza that placed her entire household into debt from the start just to feed her narcissistic ego

The best of men cannot save these kinds of toxic marriages, even the shayateens are amazed at their level of vanity and stupidity.

The worst part of this whole farce is that even when everything blows up in their faces, wali wey isla ficaanyahin, there is absolutely no introspection, reflection or remorse, just hamster wheel rationalisation and blaming others.

These people are a cancer on this earth (both of them) I feel immense sadness for their offspring as I would hate to be spawned by such despicable parents.

Emily

🥰🥰🥰
VIP
Why do Somalians have babies within the first year of marriage? Postpon the babies and get to each other better, travel together and enjoy your life.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I think a lot of Somalis have a skewed view of marriage they believe marriage will change them and make them into a better person someone with goals and responsibilities I legit know someone who recently got married he got no job and talking about when the first baby comes that will motivate him to get a job
:what:

I mean as the man your the one in charge and should come prepared like have a vision of how you gonna take care of your marriage cause I think it's a huge responsibility that one shouldn't take lightly

Also a few other things I think contributes to the divorce rate is that Somalis think that compromising in a relationship makes them weak I'm not saying agree with each other all the time but meet each other halfway

And lastly Somalis shouldn't tell their their family about the fights they had with their spouse instead they should talk it out with each other

I think a lot of Somalis have a skewed view of marriage they believe marriage will change them and make them into a better person someone with goals and responsibilities I legit know someone who recently got married he got no job and talking about when the first baby comes that will motivate him to get a job
:what:

I mean as the man your the one in charge and should come prepared like have a vision of how you gonna take care of your marriage cause I think it's a huge responsibility that one shouldn't take lightly

Also a few other things I think contributes to the divorce rate is that Somalis think that compromising in a relationship makes them weak I'm not saying agree with each other all the time but meet each other halfway

And lastly Somalis shouldn't tell their their family about the fights they had with their spouse instead they should talk it out with each other

That's her fault..who told her to marry istubidh mijo xun oo billa camal ah?

No. I used the honour killings excuse in case anyone brings up the Pakis and others. I am Western and against barbaric cultural practices.

Only westernized Somalis who are practically godless date. You will notice these Somalis have strong and lifelong marriages.

Take a look at the divorced folk. They are typically religious or semi religious or have been sheltered from the opposite sex all their lives from their extreme religious parents.

I expect Somali divorces to fall dramatically for the kids (the rebels) born after 2000s and into the next generation if they haven't been brainwashed by the Salafis (who among the Somalis are #1 in divorce rates).

Everyone raised in the west is westernized. Most young people who are not practicing are not Godless either, if thats what you meant.

Anyway, if you think thats true you haven't been paying attention. Most of those types of young couples I know of are the ones who divorced within 2-3 years of the marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts