Why is hijab forced back home ?

very sexist and stupid comment. They do fear judgement but it’s the judgement of being seen as unfashionable lol. Please actually speak to someone in the homeland instead of opining from a perch in qurbada. I worked in a clothes shop for 3 years, don’t debate me on these matters

Your sister is more educated than your mother, is she not?
No
very sexist and stupid comment. They do fear judgement but it’s the judgement of being seen as unfashionable lol. Please actually speak to someone in the homeland instead of opining from a perch in qurbada. I worked in a clothes shop for 3 years, don’t debate me on these matters

No

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP

Not at all sexist. I observed this.

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
The hijab isn’t forced. Women choose to wear it and they do so for a number or reasons, including a lack of confidence in how they look. Very few wear it due to strict religious adherence
Lol this is true in the west, especially the models who wear scarves trying to hide bidaar. Somalia is different they have no choice. no hijab they risk violence and intimidation

Lol this is true in the west, especially the models who wear scarves trying to hide bidaar. Somalia is different they have no choice. no hijab they risk violence and intimidation

you risk violence and intimidation for walking outside with no pants or kustuumo (and no maskax)

No one force Somali women to wear hijab, even here in Kenya which is a secular country nine out of ten Somali women are wearing hijab

GemState

36/21
VIP
All African Muslims are more conservative now than in the 70s-80s.

Egypt, Sudan, Senegal, Nigeria, Ethiopia, etc. Not unique to us.

Ramen

🌸
Because it’s the only way Somali men can feel at peace. Imagine your country falling apart due to civil war - maybe if those Somali women wore niqab the war could have been prevented Subhanallah

Grimmer

Reer guri
Free will! God had given humans the power of choice.
We force it cause god told us to wear it. I didn’t mean literally god forced us. God gave us free will at our own risk but at the same time having free will doesn’t mean it changes the laws/rules we need to abide by. Hijab is obligatory if you disagree with this than your going against the Quran and Sunnah.

World

VIP
hijab being enforced by the government is a recent 20th century development, maybe i’m wrong but historically that has never been the case. obviously nudity should be illegal but a woman not wearing a headscarf isn’t a crime but a personal choice. like if a man wears basketball shorts that reveals some of his awrah, what does that have to do with the government?

Somali women are strict with wearing hijab even here in the West. May Allah bless us with internal modesty alongside external modesty.

We force it cause god told us to wear it. I didn’t mean literally god forced us. God gave us free will at our own risk but at the same time having free will doesn’t mean it changes the laws/rules we need to abide by. Hijab is obligatory if you disagree with this than your going against the Quran and Sunnah.
When you force another to do something that isn't their will, then you're taking away their free will.

If a law affects others free will especially a religious one, it should not be made.
laws and regulations should always be separated from religion at all times. People should be free to worship whomever they'd like, women should be free to choose whenever they'd want to wear a hijab or not.

forcing religious laws only pushes people away from it.

Why do I have to wear clothes in Canada, I want to walk completely nude but the media and society are trying to to sexualise me and arrest me if I don't adhere to social moral standards? :gaasdrink:

When you force another to do something that isn't their will, then you're taking away their free will.

If a law affects others free will especially a religious one, it should not be made.
laws and regulations should always be separated from religion at all times. People should be free to worship whomever they'd like, women should be free to choose whenever they'd want to wear a hijab or not.

forcing religious laws only pushes people away from it.

All laws affect our free will. Laws against nudity, public misdemeanor etc. No society can function without laws being put in place which of course limits people's "free will". The question is where do we source our laws from? For Muslims the answer would be the Qur'an and Sunnah, i.e., the Shari'ah. For Western/Secular nations it would be Liberalism. The former is submitting to Allah and the latter is submitting to the Nafs (which is why it is so appealing to many people).

Trending