Why is hijab forced back home ?

Calmone##

Geeljire racist
Women should have the right to wear or not wear hijab back home. Before the civil war, forced hijab wasn't a thing. But Wahabbism came and ruined things,now you can't go outside in Hargeisa or Mogadishu,for example, with your hair showing wearing a dirac or guntiino. So sad.

Calmone##

Geeljire racist
It's creepy how they still get mad when woman cover up. I heard you can't walk around in xamar wearing an average hijab and dress.
I have a friend whose parents are from Xamar. She's diaspora like me. She went to mogadishu summer 2021 on holiday. One day she decided to wear a garbasaar(Somali cultural hijab) and a dirac. A man called her a prostitute and told her to cover up. Crazy.

Women should have the right to wear or not wear hijab back home. Before the civil war, forced hijab wasn't a thing. But Wahabbism came and ruined things,now you can't go outside in Hargeisa or Mogadishu,for example, with your hair showing wearing a dirac or guntiino. So sad.
Before the war there was an actual government though, women had rights, they could dress however they wanted and if anyone disrespected them they would just go to their local police station and file a complaint

Hamzza

VIP
Why are you so obsessed with Hijab?

It’s forced cause god said so, what other reason is there?
you need to relax
allah (swt) gave us a free will

yes allah made it clear women should cover up but as well banned drugs for example khats but the average somalis smoke or eat kat
killing a human is the worst thing after shrik but i guess what its comman in somalia :jcoleno:
we got manny problems

Xoxoxo

VIP
It isn’t a law.

There’s no law that is prohibiting you, but there is something called Al-Shabaab.

there seems to be a confusion tbh, we aren’t first off all shias and second off all Iran.

It isn’t a law.

There’s no law that is prohibiting you, but there is something called Al-Shabaab.

there seems to be a confusion tbh, we aren’t first off all shias and second off all Iran.
To be honest when it comes to hijab being forced, I think we're as bad as Iran.

This isn’t the 1970s anymore, where Somalis were borderline or on the verge of becoming gaal like habeshas.

Wearing hijab is mandatory in Islam, stop complaining.

Because of wahabism and sexist men. Women in Somalia have no choice, a grown ass woman is forced to wear a jilbab.

Today Saudi Arabia is more progressive than Somalia

Awad

عادل | جامعة الدفاع العربي
>It's another "why is x thing from the sharia enforced" thread
91e.jpg

>It's another "why is x thing from the sharia enforced" thread
View attachment 240461
There is no punishment in sharia for a woman not wearing a hijab. In the Quran it calls for modesty and in the ayaat doesn’t mention torture or violence regarding women due to immodesty whether now in life or afterlife, even in the endings of some ayaat Allah says he is merciful and a forgiver.

Last edited: