Why don't Somalis use the osmanya?

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
For a long time,
Arabic Script was ONE of the original remaining scripts,
Then other scripts always came about as well as before it.
Some even say Somali is directly descended from the original spoken language (CUSHITIC)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------===============
Osmanya was developed in 1920 by Osman Yusuf Kenadiid, the son of the Sultan of Hobyo.
However later Borama was created in 1933 by Sheikh Abdurahman Sheikh Nuur.
The Kaddare alphabet was created by Sheikh Hussein Sheikh Ahmed Kaddare in 1952.

Some says there was always "multiple scripts" that only lasted short periods,
Writing is only as official as the human creative mind to use it.
As long as it is understood and applied to the language in mind!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Imagine if Somaali had a lost ideographic written calligraphy like Hanzi or Tamil.
(Unrelated: Doesn't the old Brahmic and Geez scripts look alike? Both very old indeed.)

I just imagine that Somali language since it is one of the original living languages that has modernize, with it, continues to standardize will always go through "language creatives" including people making alphabets for it both modern, borrowed, old, and decorative to be easily read.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Someone one asked me what the oldest language world was and I replied to them silently:
"π’π’šπ’Žπ’–π’†π’– π’–π’†π’šπ’šπ’’π’π’– π’šπ’Œπ’š 𐒆𐒖𐒀𐒆𐒖 𐒓𐒗𐒕𐒒 𐒓𐒖𐒖 𐒏𐒖𐒒 𐒖𐒖𐒆 π’π’š π’”π’–π’†π’–π’ˆπ’”π’™ π’ˆπ’–π’π’–π’π’‚π’™π’™ 𐒖𐒔 π’“π’šπ’š 𐒒𐒙𐒙𐒐 𐒕𐒖𐒔𐒖𐒕"
luqada aduunka ugu da'da weyn waa kan aad ku hadasho sababtoo ah wuu nool yahay.

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
Unrelated: For language nerds only.
Look at the similarities on the scripts!
Between original Tamil and Ge'ez inscriptions.
The similarities are quite amazing.

Brahmi Tamil
5fb15976ec39eac4f6b965762dafcdf3.jpg

1280px-Asokan_brahmi_pillar_edict.jpg

Ge'ez Habesha
archaeology-news-homo-erectus-hand-axe-discovery-east-africa-ethiopia-2568908.jpg

il_1588xN.1551697148_fg8o.jpg

Trending

Latest posts