Why dont Somali men spend more time with their kids?

If you’re truly 15, they ought call you Benjamin Button!

I know no 15yr so set in their ways..so stubborn and self-righteous. With that attitude I can’t even imagine dealing with you in adulthood.
Hopefully one day we can meet up, head over to a restaurant, and settle all of our differences, i'll embezzle you with the wealth i'd have, you'll be so preoccupied that you'll forget that sspot even exists :gnzbryw:

you wont have to worry about anyone here! :icon lol:

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
Ask them how Somalis traditionally handle mehr and come back to me.

We even have a proverb btw 'marry her with lies, live with her in truth'.

Can someone who's Somali writing is good write this famous proverb please in af Somali

Yes the saying is called been ku soo xeri geli run ku dhaq . Something Somali men truly excel at.

The guys in this thread have no clue how things work in the real world , Somali men get away with so much shit . It’s not only not paying the mehr issue , when a Somali man divorces his wife he usually doesn’t pay for any of his children’s expenses.

The worst thing that in our culture the woman is expected to deal with it and raise her kids by herself . Even back home you will see a 20 year single mother with 2 kids struggling to make ends meet . Waxaa la yiraahda dhexda xirro , naag iska dhig . There’s no accountability for the men whatsoever .

Yes the saying is called been ku soo xeri geli run ku dhaq . Something Somali men truly excel at.

The guys in this thread have no clue how things work in the real world , Somali men get away with so much shit . It’s not only not paying the mehr issue , when a Somali man divorces his wife he usually doesn’t pay for any of his children’s expenses.

The worst thing that in our culture the woman is expected to deal with it and raise her kids by herself . Even back home you will see a 20 year single mother with 2 kids struggling to make ends meet . Waxaa la yiraahda dhexda xirro , naag iska dhig . There’s no accountability for the men whatsoever .
Yup agreed. Unfortunately the onus is on us to vet (single ladies I’m talking to), and to leave men who aren’t meeting our standards alone.

I’m thinking maybe I should give those brainy guys a chance. 😂😂

Yup agreed. Unfortunately the onus is on us to vet (single ladies I’m talking to), and to leave men who aren’t meeting our standards alone.

I’m thinking maybe I should give those brainy guys a chance. 😂😂
I actually have a much higher respect for the Somali women now. I was pretty arrogant in my early 20s. Wisdom comes later it seems.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts