Why do the Somali Guys who marry non-Somali women try to Somalize them?

Somali men are kings in our country they like to dominate their partner. They get insecure if their women has an identity of her own. Its exhausting keeping a somali men happy. These women will find out soon.

People back home have no chill. If We attack each other because of Qabil, what chance does an Ajnabi with a Somali mother have? Heck even our citizenship laws clearly state if your father ain't a Somali, you can't get papers. The exception being long established Muwallads etc. Ain't saying our passport is prized but we gotta keep it real with those that wanna associate Ajnabi kids with Somalinimo because their Hooyo is Somali. I tell any that I meet, we are your Reer Apti but don't claim us, you ain't no Garac!

Unfortunately, our passport has become worthless and when it was worth a lot more, the laws were different especially if the child was born and raised in Somalia. In Xamar, when my parents were growing up there were a lot of half Somalis with Yemeni fathers and those kids always had access to passports like any other Somali child with a qabil.

There is no denying that you are what your father is. Also those kids cannot say they're ethnically Somali, although they can say they're half or my reer Abtis are ect, however we need to note that ethnicity and nationality are different concepts. We can't be hypocrites. We have Somali cadcads and Bantus, Somali Yemenis who only came a century ago with 0 Somali blood with Somali nationality so denying a child with actual known Somali blood is clearly hypocritical. Even more so, when now a lot of Somalis are in the diaspora and are claiming passports of nations they have no historical or blood ties with.

Unfortunately, our passport has become worthless and when it was worth a lot more, the laws were different especially if the child was born and raised in Somalia. In Xamar, when my parents were growing up there were a lot of half Somalis with Yemeni fathers and those kids always had access to passports like any other Somali child with a qabil.

There is no denying that you are what your father is. Also those kids cannot say they're ethnically Somali, although they can say they're half or my reer Abtis are ect, however we need to note that ethnicity and nationality are different concepts. We can't be hypocrites. We have Somali cadcads and Bantus, Somali Yemenis who only came a century ago with 0 Somali blood with Somali nationality so denying a child with actual known Somali blood is clearly hypocritical. Even more so, when now a lot of Somalis are in the diaspora and are claiming passports of nations they have no historical or blood ties with.
Yemenis you mentioned had a historical presence in the country before independence. They are no different to the Somalis who acquired Khaleeji or Yemeni passports as they were long time residents. Poor comparison.

Somali Cadcads have been there for almost a millennium and built the cities they live in. Some Bantus like Shidle and Makane have a historical presence in the land, they have as much right to citizenship as Faradheer. The descendants of slaves had no choice in the matter and cannot be repatriated morally speaking. Another poor analogy.

As for your hypocrisy argument, there are no universal citizenship laws. It varies from country to country. The Law of the Land is jus soli in most Western societies whilst it is jus sanguinis (paternal) in Somalia. Diaspora Somalis are not asking for the host society to change its citizenship laws! We are a more insular society that place value on blood ties, I don't see why that should change just because some diaspora Somali females, who are mostly not going back, have bred with Ajnabis. Why should their children who were not even born in Somalia be considered for citizenship? Our identity is patriarchal and based on paternal blood ties. Females that marry out already know this, and to be honest, most don't really give a toss about establishing roots back there with their Ajnabi kids. Like your opening disparagingly pointed out, our passport is worthless so why the fuss?

A woman who married out is better instilling her husband's identity in her children instead of confusing them too much with their relatively hostile Reer Abti culture. At least the kids will be grounded and grow up with a more solid identity.

Last edited:
Yemenis you mentioned had a historical presence in the country before independence. They are no different to the Somalis who acquired Khaleeji or Yemeni passports as they were long time residents. Poor comparison.

Somali Cadcads have been there for almost a millennium and built the cities they live in. Some Bantus like Shidle and Makane have a historical presence in the land, they have as much right to citizenship as Faradheer. The descendants of slaves had no choice in the matter and cannot be repatriated morally speaking. Another poor analogy.

As for your hypocrisy argument, there are no universal citizenship laws. It varies from country to country. The Law of the Land is jus soli in most Western societies whilst it is jus sanguinis (paternal) in Somalia. Diaspora Somalis are not asking for the host society to change its citizenship laws! We are a more insular society that place value on blood ties, I don't see why that should change just because some diaspora Somali females, who are mostly not going back, have bred with Ajnabis. Why should their children who were not even born in Somalia be considered for citizenship? Our identity is patriarchal and based on paternal blood ties. Females that marry out already know this, and to be honest, most don't really give a toss about establishing roots back there with their Ajnabi kids. Like your opening disparagingly pointed out, our passport is worthless so why the fuss?

A woman who married out is better instilling her husband's identity in her children instead of confusing them too much with their relatively hostile Reer Abti culture. At least the kids will be grounded and grow up with a more solid identity.

It isn't a poor analogy as if you can give citizenship to non ethnics due to history ect then you can give it to a non ethnic kid with actual Somali blood on their reer Abtis side. There is no reason not to. There is clearly a difference between Somali citizenship and Somali ethnicity.

Also I'm talking about kids born to Somali mothers within Somalia but with ajnabi fathers.I highly doubt Western Xalimos married to non Somali men care about Somali citizenship, even Xalimos married to Abdis from the West don't think about Somali citizenship.

Last edited:
It isn't a poor analogy as if you can give citizenship to non ethnics due to history ect then you can give it to a non ethnic kid with actual Somali blood on their reer Abtis side. There is no reason not to. There is clearly a difference between Somali citizenship and Somali ethnicity.

Also I'm talking about kids born to Somali mothers within Somalia but with ajnabi fathers.I highly doubt Western Xalimos married to non Somali men care about Somali citizenship, even Xalimos married to Abdis from the West don't think about Somali citizenship.
Xeer Waa Xeer hunno! If maintaining their Somali identity mattered that much, no thinking Xalimo back home or in the diaspora will marry an Ajnabi knowing what the consequences are in our culture. Reer Apti has no relevance when it comes to blood otherwise we wouldn't be butchering other because of Qabil.

Like I said, those Yemenis were present before independence. They fulfilled the citizenship requirements.

The world is not ideal even though I must confess that I find your general sense of fairness cute. Youz a somewhat Good Egg!

Last edited:

Nalaaye floxks

Life is like a sandwich, the bread comes first💰💯
Because they make the kid be closer to the somali culture, if one parent is cultureless then he/she will have identity crisis so it’s important to somalise the spouse instead and same goes for the women too

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
Children always tend to choose the mothers side since they are around them most of their childhood. They will put their mothers ethnicity and culture before there fathers and that’s a fact. If you ever marry an ajanabi make sure she has good understanding of your culture and language.

Nalaaye floxks

Life is like a sandwich, the bread comes first💰💯
Children always tend to choose the mothers side since they are around them most of their childhood. They will put their mothers ethnicity and culture before there fathers and that’s a fact. If you ever marry an ajanabi make sure she has good understanding of your culture and language.
That’s why you should send it to somalia for a vacation instead, it can learn the language from the grandparents

Trending