Why do the Somali Guys who marry non-Somali women try to Somalize them?

That’s not really the majority. From what I’ve seen I would say every half Somali with a Somali father did not speak Somali and were more rooted in their mother’s culture. While the half Somali with Somali mothers were raised in the culture and community way more. And spoke Somali.

It makes sense when you consider that mothers spend more time with their children compared to fathers so her culture and values influence the children more. It’s called “mother tongue” for a reason

Bring examples to back up what you claim, please.

Second, nowadays both husbands and wives work in urban centers, so the idea that children spend more time with the mother doesn't hold water any more. Fathers have as much contribution to children's upbringing as the mothers.

lol that Italian chick has a bigger head and a more masculine face than that caato geeljirre

lol

I remember what Spanish trainer of Somali govt forces in Uganda during the Sheikh Sharif or Hassan Sheikh Mohamud presidency stated: Somali soldiers may look skinny and weak but they're very strong in their own ways. Don't get yourself fooled by those skinny hands and legs. The skinny FOBs are really very strong and can take on the biggest, muscular-built guy that you can find in the West.

Second, nowadays both husbands and wives work in urban centers, so the idea that children spend more time with the mother doesn't hold water any more. Fathers have as much contribution to children's upbringing as the mothers.
I have anecdotal examples just like you only have anecdotal examples. I posted a tiktok of a half somali girl who was more connected to her mother’s filipino culture but there’s plenty of half somalis just like her

Even still, when both come home from work it tends to be mothers doing most of the childcare. Just because you go to work doesn’t mean you don’t take care of your kids lol. It’s especially common with Somali fathers bc Somali fathers tend to be more “hands off” and let the mother take over the child rearing completely

I don't know what world you're living in, but mothers in every cultures generally are the primary caregivers. This is a fact. Look up any study, statistics and anecdotes. Even look at your own family.

This isn't even a debate.

The Xalimos are right hence why we say 'Afka Hooyo'.

Ajnabi marriages are mostly a Catch22 for Somalis who want to pass on their identity.

However much a woman raises her kids in Somali culture and teaches them the language, they will never be Somali if the Father is Ajnabi.

As for Faraxs who marry out in the West, most of the offspring are Somali by blood but the reality is that they are only Somali in name.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
It's weird. I would teach my mixed Somali sons, the Somali language. But I wouldn't invest any time with my foreign wife or daughter in teaching them the Somali language or culture.
Regular Season Wtf GIF by NBA

reer

VIP
I don't know what world you're living in, but mothers in every cultures generally are the primary caregivers. This is a fact. Look up any study, statistics and anecdotes. Even look at your own family.

This isn't even a debate.
somalis call it "afka hooyo". english speakers call it "mother tongue". arabs call it "lughat al umm" "language of the mother". because you learn language from hooyadaa. if your hooyo is somali you are more likely to learm af somali than a ajnabi mom. sspotters will say "buh buh he has qabiil". gerarahere. a latino looking mofo who even barely speaks somali cannot be somali.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
The Xalimos are right hence why we say 'Afka Hooyo'.

Ajnabi marriages are mostly a Catch22 for Somalis who want to pass on their identity.

However much a woman raises her kids in Somali culture and teaches them the language, they will never be Somali if the Father is Ajnabi.

As for Faraxs who marry out in the West, most of the offspring are Somali by blood but the reality is that they are only Somali in name.
:childplease:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Sorry Walaal

You are who your father is in Deen and Dhaqan.

If you Pa ain't a Somali, you ain't a Somali Full Stop!
Jimmy Fallon Comedy GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

They’re still somali, you can say they don’t have qabil but that doesn’t mean they aren’t somali.

Season 3 What GIF by On My Block

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
i disagree. we shouldnt discriminate between father and mother. half somalis are half somalis. we respect our nephews and give them good family treatment. but they are half somalis.
Well no duh, half they dna is from elsewhere so they clearly aren’t full somali
Half somali is half somali. Qabil or no qabil.

Internet extremists talking shit our grandparents didn’t talk
:russ:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
we are not AAs. take that crap to american madows. half somalis are HALF somalis.
Nigga chileeeeee
:ulyin:
I was replying to a dude that said they ain’t somali, I never said they were full somali. We don’t need to talk about the obvious.

Trending