Why do some scholars allow Muslim Men to marry Non-muslim women?

At least these cadaan girls have their heads screwed on. Sweet talk+ make shaax for me at work +laugh at all my dead jokes + smiles + soft voice.
Grumpy halimo just need to learn how to smile and carry a convo. Not hard.
Don’t hate on women who respect themselves, even the Allah says don’t soften voice for random pervs

“if you observe taqwā (righteousness). So, do not be too soft in your speech, lest someone having disease in his heart should develop fancies (about you); and do speak with appropriate words.”

So you need to ask yourself why do you want random women to soften their speech for you? Do you have a disease in your heart? Please be respectful for women, they’re not here to give you an ego boost.

Because women become their husbands property. In a way a Da'wah for the non muslim wifes, not to mention, bring light skin on to the table

I think you’re confusing islam with Christianity, we don’t even take husbands surname, losing your name means losing your identity/becoming property, that’s not our struggle Alhamdullilah

true, but i don’t care if she’s muslim or not

I suppose it depends on your level of religious devotion; the stock you put into the religion of your wife and her piety are probably directly related to your own piety.

Last edited:
This has been in the back of my head but when I ask this question I mean specifically the “ahlul kitab” folks.
Ahlul Kitab as in the people who follow one of the kitabs of the prophets (pbut), which include bible, torah etc

The Quran states in Surah Ma’ida verse 5 that Believing men (ie muslim men”) are allowed to marry chaste women who are believers of the scriptures before us (before the quran). But if they changed the kitabs how are they ahlul kitab? Literally the old testament doesn’t exist anymore meaning nobody follows it…
They rewrote the bible and have st peter and st. (Insert male name) and king james’ versions of the original injeel. So how are they people of the book? They are the people of the book of king james lol.

Don’t even forget the Trinity folks who are straight up committing shirk. And the ones who are technically idol worshippers.

I know some scholars say “no they can’t marry them” but others allow it.

Like in what standards are modern day “ahlul kitab” actually ahlul kitab? If a so called muslim rewrote the quran and committed shirk and said that prophet muhammed saw was actually god (MAJOR ASTAGFIRULLAH WHILE WRITING THIS), does that make them still muslim???? Because by some peoples standards christians will be accepted whilst doing the same thing despite their being whole prophet to correct their transgressions, so why not “Muslims”?

I honestly see this as some muslim men not wanting more restrictions applied to them, so they cherry pick verses and go “YOU SEE THIS IS FINE” without ever actually analyzing it.

Discuss.

The argument can be squashed with one word in the text: CHASTE

which “people of the book” these days is chaste? How did this muslim man come to meet this woman? What do they have in common? Which same circles do they run in?

A chaste woman rarely mingles or marries outside her own religion, usually these people meet in haram circles or circumstances, then they’re trying to make what is haram, halal.

the main reason why Muslim men/non Muslim women marriages fail or end disastrously is because Muslim men think the woman will change her ways after marriage, no woman or man changes after marriage. If you are chaste or have decided to become chaste, find a chaste person to marry.

but again, everything bad that happens to you is from yourself, anything that is good is from Allah. We create our own peace from our choices, the guide is there for you to follow, so I don’t feel sorry for people who create bad situations for themselves out of their own foolishness or following desires.

Your women is part of your property, this is your right as a man.
A human being can never be another human beings properly, that’s called slavery and not allowed in Islam. Even your children are not your property, we are only slaves and creations (property if you will) to Allah, and even He, out of his mercy doesn’t treat us like slaves.

This type of thinking is why many men believe they are entitled to womens bodies or affections, same ideology as incels

I suppose it depends on your level of religious devotion; the stock you put into the religion of your wife and her piety are probably directly related to your own piety.
i dont think i can live with a religious wife, i want somebody fun who will watch movies, go out and do fun stuff, have an intellectual debate with me, somebody who’s alive and doesn’t see taboo everywhere

This has been in the back of my head but when I ask this question I mean specifically the “ahlul kitab” folks.
Ahlul Kitab as in the people who follow one of the kitabs of the prophets (pbut), which include bible, torah etc

The Quran states in Surah Ma’ida verse 5 that Believing men (ie muslim men”) are allowed to marry chaste women who are believers of the scriptures before us (before the quran). But if they changed the kitabs how are they ahlul kitab? Literally the old testament doesn’t exist anymore meaning nobody follows it…
They rewrote the bible and have st peter and st. (Insert male name) and king james’ versions of the original injeel. So how are they people of the book? They are the people of the book of king james lol.

Don’t even forget the Trinity folks who are straight up committing shirk. And the ones who are technically idol worshippers.

I know some scholars say “no they can’t marry them” but others allow it.

Like in what standards are modern day “ahlul kitab” actually ahlul kitab? If a so called muslim rewrote the quran and committed shirk and said that prophet muhammed saw was actually god (MAJOR ASTAGFIRULLAH WHILE WRITING THIS), does that make them still muslim???? Because by some peoples standards christians will be accepted whilst doing the same thing despite their being whole prophet to correct their transgressions, so why not “Muslims”?

I honestly see this as some muslim men not wanting more restrictions applied to them, so they cherry pick verses and go “YOU SEE THIS IS FINE” without ever actually analyzing it.

Discuss.
The Quran is clear ahlu al kitab includes modern day christians and Jews.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Jews and Christians are still Ahlul kitaab because their core principle is monotheism even though that was partially infiltrated by non monotheistic ideas like the trinity in the case of Christianity.
If islam is to be considered 100% correct judaism and Christianity are like 50% correct because at least they believe in some kind divine revelation while other religions don't have the same source. The most important thing in islam is believing in Allah, technically jews and Christians believe in Allah even though they have incorrect views about him.
So are bahai, yazidis and every monotheisti people ahlul kitab? After all there are more monotheistic religions?

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP

Uthman Alkhamees? Lmaoooooo I know you didn’t bring that extremist that supports alqaeda in syria 💀
Authubillah. Tell him to stop arming terrorists and to worry about the human rights abuses in his country.

Your sheikh wants their women but calls these so called « ahlul kitab> apes 🦧 and pigs 🐷

Last edited:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP

And your other « scholar » al mughamsi was out here praising osama bin shaytan, he think he was better than the average non muslim. Authubillah.
And he’s close with the saudi royal family. Should he not worry about Saudi Arabias association with israel? Genocide against yemenis? Or is he more concerned about some more p*ssy? Typical Gulf arab.
That’s what we call scholars for dollars!
022EF436-9132-495F-8CAE-7A8CF1F30350.gif

This is what I have to say about your « sheikhs » defense of Osama:
وَعَدَ اللَّهُ الْمُنَافِقِينَ وَالْمُنَافِقَاتِ وَالْكُفَّارَ نَارَ جَهَنَّمَ

Allah has promised the hypocrite men and hypocrite women and the disbelievers the fire of Hell, wherein they will abide eternally. It is sufficient for them. And Allah has cursed them, and for them is an enduring punishment.

(9:73)

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ جَاهِدِ الْكُفَّارَ وَالْمُنَافِقِينَ وَاغْلُظْ عَلَيْهِمْ

O Prophet, fight against the disbelievers and the hypocrites and be harsh upon them. And their refuge is Hell, and wretched is the destination.

And this is what I have to say about these hypocritical sheikhs you bring up:
الْأَعْرَابُ أَشَدُّ كُفْرًا وَنِفَاقًا

The bedouins are stronger in disbelief and hypocrisy and more likely not to know the limits of what [laws] Allah has revealed to His Messenger. And Allah is Knowing and Wise.

(9:101)

وَمِنْ أَهْلِ الْمَدِينَةِ مَرَدُوا عَلَى النِّفَاقِ لَا تَعْلَمُهُمْ

And among those around you of the bedouins are hypocrites, and [also] from the people of Madinah. They have become accustomed to hypocrisy. You, [O Muhammad], do not know them, [but] We know them. We will punish them twice [in this world]; then they will be returned to a great punishment.
11755278-CC20-41EC-9013-A2E0DF73FCEC.gif

Uthman Alkhamees? Lmaoooooo I know you didn’t bring that extremist that supports alqaeda in syria 💀
Authubillah. Tell him to stop arming terrorists and to worry about the human rights abuses in his country.

Your sheikh wants their women but calls these so called « ahlul kitab> apes 🦧 and pigs 🐷
Extremist kulaha listen to wat he's saying as he's more knowledgeable in the deen more than you are.

Modern day Christians and Jews are ahlu al kitab and they're kuffars and their women is halal for us to marry according to Allah swt in the Quran

الْيَوْمَ أُحِلَّ لَكُمُ الطَّيِّبَاتُ ۖ وَطَعَامُ الَّذِينَ أُوتُوا الْكِتَابَ حِلٌّ لَكُمْ وَطَعَامُكُمْ حِلٌّ لَهُمْ ۖ وَالْمُحْصَنَاتُ مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنَاتِ وَالْمُحْصَنَاتُ مِنَ الَّذِينَ أُوتُوا الْكِتَابَ مِنْ قَبْلِكُمْ إِذَا آتَيْتُمُوهُنَّ أُجُورَهُنَّ مُحْصِنِينَ غَيْرَ مُسَافِحِينَ وَلَا مُتَّخِذِي أَخْدَانٍ ۗ وَمَنْ يَكْفُرْ بِالْإِيمَانِ فَقَدْ حَبِطَ عَمَلُهُ وَهُوَ فِي الْآخِرَةِ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا مِنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ وَالْمُشْرِكِينَ فِي نَارِ جَهَنَّمَ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا ۚ أُولَٰئِكَ هُمْ شَرُّ الْبَرِيَّةِ

قُلْ يَا أَهْلَ الْكِتَابِ لِمَ تَكْفُرُونَ بِآيَاتِ اللَّهِ وَاللَّهُ شَهِيدٌ عَلَىٰ مَا تَعْمَلُونَ

وَقَالَتِ الْيَهُودُ عُزَيْرٌ ابْنُ اللَّهِ وَقَالَتِ النَّصَارَى الْمَسِيحُ ابْنُ اللَّهِ ۖ ذَٰلِكَ قَوْلُهُم بِأَفْوَاهِهِمْ ۖ يُضَاهِئُونَ قَوْلَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا مِن قَبْلُ ۚ قَاتَلَهُمُ اللَّهُ ۚ أَنَّىٰ يُؤْفَكُونَ(30) اتَّخَذُوا أَحْبَارَهُمْ وَرُهْبَانَهُمْ أَرْبَابًا مِّن دُونِ اللَّهِ وَالْمَسِيحَ ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ وَمَا أُمِرُوا إِلَّا لِيَعْبُدُوا إِلَٰهًا وَاحِدًا ۖ لَّا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ

لَّقَدْ كَفَرَ الَّذِينَ قَالُوا إِنَّ اللَّهَ ثَالِثُ ثَلَاثَةٍ ۘ وَمَا مِنْ إِلَٰهٍ إِلَّا إِلَٰهٌ وَاحِدٌ ۚ وَإِن لَّمْ يَنتَهُوا عَمَّا يَقُولُونَ لَيَمَسَّنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا مِنْهُمْ

Allah words and the Quran are very clear

Last edited:
And your other « scholar » al mughamsi was out here praising osama bin shaytan, he think he was better than the average non muslim. Authubillah.
And he’s close with the saudi royal family. Should he not worry about Saudi Arabias association with israel? Genocide against yemenis? Or is he more concerned about some more p*ssy? Typical Gulf arab.
That’s what we call scholars for dollars!
View attachment 206122
This is what I have to say about your « sheikhs » defense of Osama:
وَعَدَ اللَّهُ الْمُنَافِقِينَ وَالْمُنَافِقَاتِ وَالْكُفَّارَ نَارَ جَهَنَّمَ

Allah has promised the hypocrite men and hypocrite women and the disbelievers the fire of Hell, wherein they will abide eternally. It is sufficient for them. And Allah has cursed them, and for them is an enduring punishment.

(9:73)

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ جَاهِدِ الْكُفَّارَ وَالْمُنَافِقِينَ وَاغْلُظْ عَلَيْهِمْ

O Prophet, fight against the disbelievers and the hypocrites and be harsh upon them. And their refuge is Hell, and wretched is the destination.

And this is what I have to say about these hypocritical sheikhs you bring up:
الْأَعْرَابُ أَشَدُّ كُفْرًا وَنِفَاقًا

The bedouins are stronger in disbelief and hypocrisy and more likely not to know the limits of what [laws] Allah has revealed to His Messenger. And Allah is Knowing and Wise.

(9:101)

وَمِنْ أَهْلِ الْمَدِينَةِ مَرَدُوا عَلَى النِّفَاقِ لَا تَعْلَمُهُمْ

And among those around you of the bedouins are hypocrites, and [also] from the people of Madinah. They have become accustomed to hypocrisy. You, [O Muhammad], do not know them, [but] We know them. We will punish them twice [in this world]; then they will be returned to a great punishment.
View attachment 206118
Lol the sheikhs were answering questions from the listeners and explaining Allah words and the ayat and you're insulting them with stupid allegation that al mughamsi supported Al Qaeda or Osama without any evidence show me where he says that ?? Also Alkhamesi has a right to oppose the syrian autocrat majoos servant. You seriously need to learn the deen probably like it seems you're having contradictory views and using Allah words without knowing the context and resorting to racist insults you xooloyo who doesn't know the deen

Last edited:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Lol the sheikhs were answering questions from the listeners and explaining Allah words and the ayat and you're insulting them with stupid allegation that al mughamsi supported Al Qaeda or Osama without any evidence show me where he says that ?? Also Alkhamesi has a right to oppose the syrian autocrat majoos servant. You seriously need to learn the deen probably like it seems you're having contradictory views and using Allah words without knowing the context and resorting to racist insults you xooloyo who doesn't know the deen
Bro he had a big ass controversy where he said Osama is better than kafir. Osama is kafir. And he has close ties to the royal family.
And no the kuwaiti sheikh is the one who has ties with al nusra front. But whatever. Not that you’d ever care.

Questioning allahs words? No I’m not. I’m asking real questions. Ahlul kitab from the past aren’t the same as the old ones. These people changed the whole book, what makes them people of the book? These books weren’t sent down from god but they came from st peter, ezra and king james and every other white monarch that made changes.
Read the Quran again Ahlu al Kitab aren't that different from those that were during prophet time with Allah call them kuffars and promising them to rot in hell for their rejection of the prophet message and their near shirk believes.

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا مِنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ وَالْمُشْرِكِينَ فِي نَارِ جَهَنَّمَ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا ۚ أُولَٰئِكَ هُمْ شَرُّ الْبَرِيَّةِ

قُلْ يَا أَهْلَ الْكِتَابِ لِمَ تَكْفُرُونَ بِآيَاتِ اللَّهِ وَاللَّهُ شَهِيدٌ عَلَىٰ مَا تَعْمَلُونَ

The corruption of the holy books has been going on centuries before the Quran was reviled to the prophet with the belief of Trinity the different language the sects followed for example the western catholic church uses Latin while Eastern Orthodox uses Greek and the ayat are very clear about it and their kuffar and Allah SWT made it halal for men to marry their women but it's always better to convert them or marry a true believer in Islam.

Read the Quran again Ahlu al Kitab aren't that different from those that were during prophet time with Allah call them kuffars and promising them to rot in hell for their rejection of the prophet message and their near shirk believes.

The corruption of the holy books has been going on centuries before the Quran was reviled to the prophet with the belief of Trinity the different language the sects followed for example the western catholic church uses Latin while Eastern Orthodox uses Greek and the ayat are very clear about it and their kuffar and Allah SWT made it halal for men to marry their women but it's always better to convert them or marry a true believer in Islam.
In relation to marrying a Christian woman, Abdullah Ibn Umar (RA) 610 – 694 CE, son of Umar Ibn Khattab and a prolific narrator of Hadith strongly advised against marrying a Christian woman. He said,

‘I do not know a worse example of Shirk that of a wife saying that Jesus is her Lord’

@Qeelbax
As Sunni I wouldn't even marry shias let alone non-Muslims.

Muslim men are only allowed to marry chaste Muslim women and/or chaste women of the people of the book (Ahl Al Kitaab) i.e. Christians and Jews. Both should be religious and worship the one true God, Allah (SWT). They cannot be polytheists i.e. Hindus. At the same time, these women should not be lewd in behavior, promiscuous or having boyfriends.
Modern day Christians and Jews are ahlu al kitab and they're kuffars and their women is halal for us to marry according to Allah swt in the Quran
Western countries are not Christian at all. Most are secular and the majority of people living in these countries have never in their lives attended a church service.
the people in these nations are Christian in name only.

Most of these so-called Christian people hold secular beliefs that run contrary to Christian principles, such as denial in the existence of God, the practice of promiscuity and eating the pig.

there is a small percentage who are sincere practicing Christians. The issue, however, is that 85% of the few that do practice Christianity believe in the concept of Trinity or that God, Allah (SWT) is three in one; God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

Allah (SWT) in the Quran says for those who maintain the false notion of Trinity will lead disbelievers to a painful end.

لَقَد كَفَرَ الَّذينَ قالوا إِنَّ اللَّهَ ثالِثُ ثَلاثَةٍ ۘ وَما مِن إِلٰهٍ إِلّا إِلٰهٌ واحِدٌ ۚ وَإِن لَم يَنتَهوا عَمّا يَقولونَ لَيَمَسَّنَّ الَّذينَ كَفَروا مِنهُم عَذابٌ أَليمٌ

They have certainly disbelieved who say, ” Allah is the third of three.” And there is no god except one God. And if they do not desist from what they are saying, there will surely afflict the disbelievers among them a painful punishment.

Quran 5:73

Also, all modern evangelistic Christian churches believe that the way to God, Allah (SWT

) is by praying and seeking salvation through Prophet Jesus (AS).

It is only the Unitarians and the remaining Christian (unity) faiths who believe in the principle of oneness and who because of this could be considered people of the book (Ahl Al Kitab)

You seriously need to learn the deen probably like it seems you're having contradictory views and using Allah words without knowing the context and resorting to racist insults you xooloyo who doesn't know the deen
You couldn't said it better ; )

Trending

Latest posts